Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 679 of 713 FirstFirst ... 179 579 629 669 677 678 679 680 681 689 ... LastLast
Results 16,951 to 16,975 of 17824

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Disappearance at Devil's Rock
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Cibola Burn, the 5th book in The Expanse series. It was excellent, and I have the others waiting in the wings as well.

I'm taking a short break and finishing Full Throttle before moving onto Babylon's Ashes (the 6th Expanse book). So far it's also quite good!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Never read THE EXPANSE, but I tried watching the TV show based on it. Couldn't get past the first half of the first episode. I hope the novels(s) are better. How would you compare the two? Of course, I was kind of depressed then, since my dog had just died at that time. Maybe I should try again.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Disappearance at Devil's Rock
    This book still haunts me to this day. I shudder every time I think of certain scenes.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Finished A Head Full Of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay. Good stuff. My second book by him and he is an easy read. Fast paced and keeps you interested in the characters he creates. Great endings. Looking forward to the movie of this. Started a reread of On Writing. A short way into it and I remember why it is one of my favorites by SK. After it I will be reading a third Tremblay book.
    Absolutely loved On Writing as well. Read it a couple of times. Feels like it may be the closest we get to an autobiography as well?

seeking: anything DT#246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    Just finished Cibola Burn, the 5th book in The Expanse series. It was excellent, and I have the others waiting in the wings as well.

I'm taking a short break and finishing Full Throttle before moving onto Babylon's Ashes (the 6th Expanse book). So far it's also quite good!
    Cibola is the 4th book. Nemesis gates is 5. Did you flip the 2?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Never read THE EXPANSE, but I tried watching the TV show based on it. Couldn't get past the first half of the first episode. I hope the novels(s) are better. How would you compare the two? Of course, I was kind of depressed then, since my dog had just died at that time. Maybe I should try again.
    I’ve enjoyed the books but couldn’t get into the show.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post

Cibola is the 4th book. Nemesis gates is 5. Did you flip the 2?
    So I flubbed the book number, you're absolutely right. But it looks like we were both wrong, lol. Nemesis Games is 5th, which was the one I just finished - I've moved onto 6 now, which is Babylon's Ashes.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I also loved ON WRITING, which is weird because it's non-fiction. Well, maybe not so weird after all.

Thanks for the info on THE EXPANSE series, sounds intriguing.

Didn't Peter Weir do the movie version of DISAPPEARANCE AT DEVIL'S ROCK? I'm too tired to look it up right now! Good night!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I also loved ON WRITING, which is weird because it's non-fiction. Well, maybe not so weird after all.

Thanks for the info on THE EXPANSE series, sounds intriguing.

Didn't Peter Weir do the movie version of DISAPPEARANCE AT DEVIL'S ROCK? I'm too tired to look it up right now! Good night!
    Picnic at Hanging Rock, Steve. He has not done a movie in a while. Remember seeing Witness in the theater when I was a kid.

seeking: anything DT#246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Oh yeah, my mistake. The ants made the picnic baskets all disappear. It's all coming back to me now!

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Anyone read "Th Way of Kings"?
    Brandon Sanderson ?

It’s Amazing!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm recovering from the one-two brain punch courtesy of T.E.D. Klein and Philip K. Dick so I started Urban Gothic by Brian Keene. Roughly 20 pages in and someone got brained with a hammer. His writing is fairly utilitarian, the story moves at a swift pace (characterization, who needs it) and right now, that's exactly what I need.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Just finished Gwendy's Magic Feather. A fast and moderately entertaining read. Chizmar was certainly channeling his inner SK political leanings with the President Hamlin/Donald Trump character. Not sure what the point was other than an opportunity to inject an unnecessary rant. I also wasn't enamored with the recycled SK Castle Rock twist taken to resolve the abduction/murder mystery.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Anyone read "Th Way of Kings"?
    Brandon Sanderson ?

It’s Amazing!
    I read Elantris by Sanderson and I thought it was great. I've flirted with the idea many times of starting Way of Kings but the sad reality is that I'm terrible at finishing novels these days, let alone a lore-rich fantasy series.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Gene Wolfe - Empires of Foliage and Flower

I am currently reading the JULY/AUGUST 2019 issue of 'The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction'. Way back in the early 70s, during my one year of college, I spent most of my time in the library reading the hardcover collections of the best of the magazine, enjoying over 90% of the stories. Consequently, that was my only year of college. I'm fairly certain the first issue I bought off the newsstand was the October 1972 issue, and have since collected at least one copy of every issue from the first (Fall 1949, 'The Magazine of Fantasy', the 2nd issue underwent a name change) to the last of 2019 (NOVEMBER/DECEMBER issue). Up until maybe six years ago (just an estimate, it's probably longer), I continued to enjoy somewhere between 80% and 90% of the stories, and then experienced a sharp drop-off, enjoying barely 10% to 20% of them. It seems almost every story now has to do with gender orientation or social media or tech, which in itself is not a bad thing, I just find most of these stories uninteresting to the point of unreadability, although I still struggle through them. I guess that's just the way it is nowadays, but I miss the 'older' sorts of stories. If this makes me out of date, then, I guess, so be it. Every once in a while though, they do publish an outstanding story, and I'm not giving up yet!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    Just finished Gwendy's Magic Feather. A fast and moderately entertaining read. Chizmar was certainly channeling his inner SK political leanings with the President Hamlin/Donald Trump character. Not sure what the point was other than an opportunity to inject an unnecessary rant. I also wasn't enamored with the recycled SK Castle Rock twist taken to resolve the abduction/murder mystery.
    I thought it was just ok with nothing really much happening.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post
    I thought it was just ok with nothing really much happening.
    Same thoughts. Good flow, easy read. Just no real story to it.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading Rosemary's Baby as I finished Different Seasons this morning and forgot how good those novellas are.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Currently reading Rosemary's Baby as I finished Different Seasons this morning and forgot how good those novellas are.
    Is it your first read of RB? I absolutely love that book.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes it is. I don't think I would have actively sought it out but getting the beautiful Suntup AGE made me move it to the front of my to read list.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes it is. I don't think I would have actively sought it out but getting the beautiful Suntup AGE made me move it to the front of my to read list.
    I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shocked at how good this is.... what a cool premise. I can’t put it down!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone here read the Shades of Magic series?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 679 of 713 FirstFirst ... 179 579 629 669 677 678 679 680 681 689 ... LastLast