Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 675 of 713 FirstFirst ... 175 575 625 665 673 674 675 676 677 685 ... LastLast
Results 16,851 to 16,875 of 17824

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read Valis yet. The timing has to be right if I'm to do a deep dive on Dick's later works. If I'm exhausted from work and I'm not home alone, there's no use in even trying.

I picked up Wounds, a short story collection by Nathan Ballingrud. Two stories in and I'm asking myself why did I wait this long to check him out.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Also reading Gwendy's Magic Feather - quick read, should finish it in another sitting. So far I'm enjoying it, but I feel like it's length has been artificially padded with a relatively large font, large margins, and lots of unused space on the page. It's 330 ish pages, but feels like it could be half that if Cemetery Dance wasn't using all the tricks in the book to make it a physically larger offering.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading Brother by Ania Ahlborn along with the anthology I mentioned a few posts back. I have to thank this board for introducing me to Ania as Brother is one hell of a ride so far.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I think I'm going to start Brother next. I've only read The Shuddering, which I did enjoy, and have had this one for a couple months now. Plus everyone seems to love it, so I'm excited to start it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Currently reading Brother by Ania Ahlborn along with the anthology I mentioned a few posts back. I have to thank this board for introducing me to Ania as Brother is one hell of a ride so far.
    Your guys' enthusiasm for it really makes me wish I liked the story. I just fell completely flat for me.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

I picked up Wounds, a short story collection by Nathan Ballingrud. Two stories in and I'm asking myself why did I wait this long to check him out.
    Quoting myself like a boss/loser (self-opinion that changes daily). This was great. Like, great great. The Butcher's Table was a perfect story to end a collection with, a high note worthy of a young Clive Barker, lyrical and drenched in hot blood.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished Brother which I enjoyed and am really tempted to get the Suntup version. In keeping with Ania Ahlborn I started Seed.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Started Duma Key. I read it when I smoked a SHIT ton of weed. I do not remember it AT ALL. So far loving it. There was a few books around that time I do not remember. Weed does that you know... lol I just finished Hill's Heart Shaped Box and hated it. His worst novel for me. Rosemary is going to be up after Duma!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Dandelion or chickweed?
    I remember liking parts of DUMA KEY a lot and liking some parts not so much.

Just started PICNIC ON PARADISE by Joanna Russ after finishing PAST MASTER by R.A. Lafferty. So far I disliked/dislike both of them. Oh well, can't win them all.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Finished Brother which I enjoyed and am really tempted to get the Suntup version. In keeping with Ania Ahlborn I started Seed.
    Seed is weird but creepy. Slow but the last 1/3 of the book makes it all worth it.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Duma Key is one of my favorite books by King.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Ditto!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Oh....tennis balls!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Ditto!
    Ditto ditto
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Hello, i came in to read your current book reviews to perhaps help me figure out whats next. I've decided already
    Crosses library,and, pick's up Duma Key. Wireman said that sometimes.....ha! Great book I'll be loving the reread Thanks!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't find a thread when I searched for book recommendations so I thought I'd try here. I'm planning my reading for the future and I am currently planning on rereading Stephen King books I haven't read in awhile. I want to break it up with something in between King books. Does anyone have any good creature type horror books they recommend? I'm looking for something not vampires or werewolf type. I already have Periphery by Michael Winter and The Wide, Carnivorous Sky and Other Monstrous Geographies by John Langon in my list. Thanks in advance and I apologize if this is the wrong thread to ask this question.

Country
    Country Flag

White by Tim Lebbon
    The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker

Oh, I loved White by Tim Lebbon. I'd also recommend The Silence by Tim as well. The Shuddering by Ania Ahlborn. And one of my all-time favorites Pines by Blake Crouch

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the couple replies.....I put those in my list.

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Last night finished "The Fireman" by some guy named Joe Hill and now starting in on "The Hero with a Thousand Faces" by Joseph Campbell. (A good read this should be.)
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by M_O_O_N View Post
    Last night finished "The Fireman" by some guy named Joe Hill
    I'm sorry.

Country
    Country Flag

Mic drop.

That book stank.

Country
    Country Flag

Mic drop.

That book stank.
    On a better note, Full Throttle is his best collection of stories to date.

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by M_O_O_N View Post
    Last night finished "The Fireman" by some guy named Joe Hill
    I'm sorry.
    Mic drop.
    That book stank.
    Enough breadcrumbs in it to stuff a turkey.
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished Seed and I think I might like it a tad more than Brother. Those were my first Ania Ahlborn books and I'm very impressed so far...any recommendations on which of her books I should search out next? In the meantime, I started a reread of From A Buick 8 while still reading the anthology.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 675 of 713 FirstFirst ... 175 575 625 665 673 674 675 676 677 685 ... LastLast