Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 713 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default What are you currently reading?

Right now I'm on book 3 of the Harry Potter series. So far it's pretty fantastic and I can't believe I've waited this long to start on them.

I'm also currently reading a book on Julius Caesar by Adrian Goldsworthy. Caesar was definitely a man before his time and so far i'm enjoying it immensely.

What are the rest of you reading?
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am in the middle of listening to Cell on my commute. Its the second time through.

At home, its Lisey's Story!! Very good so far
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

I'm reading through Judith Tarr's The Hound and The Falcon trilogy for the umpteenth time, because they are that fantastic. I'm also reading Matthew Pearl's The Dante Club, which is fun. I like the tone of the story. I'm poking through Nightmares and Dreamscapes and The Talisman as well.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember when the Dante Club came out, I heard a bunch of really good reviews about it. It sounds like a good summer read.

a ghost? a ghost. Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso will become famous soon enough Rjeso's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead

Yeah, it's good to while away an afternoon with. Nothing heavy-hitting or too deep, but fun.
    you're solid gold // i'll see you in hell

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I just finished the Star Wars EU novel Exile. I don't have the next one in the series, so I am thinking of tackling Dostoevsky's Notes From the Underground. However, given that that school semester is nearly over, and my brain is nearly fried, I may look for some lighter reading, perhaps some of Jim Butcher's Dresden Files stuff.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I am in the middle of listening to Cell on my commute. Its the second time through.

At home, its Lisey's Story!! Very good so far
    I'm listening to CELL on my commute as well. But it's the first time through for me. I kept meaning to start it, but then put it aside for three other books first, most recently AMERICAN GODS by Neil Gaiman, CARRIE by SK, and HEART-SHAPED BOX by Joe Hill.

Earlier I enjoyed LISEY'S STORY as well.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm dying to get to Heart-Shaped box and the new Chuck Palahniuk book. I'll probably go buy both sometime next weekend.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished Cell a couple of days ago, definitely not one of my favorites.

I'm hoping to finally start the A Song of Ice and Fire series this weekend.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

American Gods is the best book ever.

Without giving anything away, the ending of CELL makes me angry enough to punch a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I'm listening to CELL on my commute as well. But it's the first time through for me. I kept meaning to start it, but then put it aside for three other books first, most recently AMERICAN GODS by Neil Gaiman, CARRIE by SK, and HEART-SHAPED BOX by Joe Hill.

Earlier I enjoyed LISEY'S STORY as well.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I agree with the ending of CELL

I am finally over halfway through Weaveworld by Clive Barker. I read it while I'm riding the exercise bike!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The Thief of Always by Clive Barker ranks up there as one of my all time favorite books. But oddly, it's the only book of his i've ever read.

I really need to read more of Clive Barker's stuff. I am a big fan, but I just haven't read much of his stuff. Though I know it is different than most of his stuff, The Thief of Always is one of my favorite books. I read it over and over until I let someone borrow it and then they moved out of state without giving it back. I need to get a new copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    I agree with the ending of CELL

I am finally over halfway through Weaveworld by Clive Barker. I read it while I'm riding the exercise bike!

Erin, it would seem that we are on the same wave-length, as usual.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Chris, Did you read my post before you wrote that or were we on the same brainwave?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

What's The Theif of Always about?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Dammit! It just happened again. Weird.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Still making my way through Memories of Ice by Steven Erikson.
    In Digitized Remorse

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Today I received the ARC of Blaze, so I'll be reading it for the next two weeks for sure.
    On the other hand I'm currently with "Swam song", by Robert McCammon.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    It is a sort of children's book/fable, but scary and adult at the same time. I guess you could call it A children's book for adults, much like Neil Gaiman's Coraline.

This is from Wikipedia:

It tells the story of a young boy named Harvey Swick, who is bored out of his mind in the dreary grey month of February and is swept away to the magical Holiday House by a strange, goblin-like man named Rictus. Here is where all his dreams can come true; and all his nightmares can haunt him. There he meets other characters, including a trio of cats (Blue Cat, Clue Cat and Stew Cat), Jive, Carna, Marr, Mrs. Griffin, Lulu, Wendell Hamilton the III, and Mr. Hood.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

I would recommend Imajica by Clive Barker... it is the best I have read.
    The problem with Barker is it takes awhile to get "into" the book. Once you're in there, it's hard to put down.
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Dammit! It just happened again. Weird.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    It's supposed to be a kid's book, but has more than enough for adults to enjoy it. It's about a little boy who is bored to death with his life and he magically enters this place called the Holiday House, where all his dreams come true. He can eat whatever he wants, the seasons rotate daily, so everyday is Christmas, ect.. Then he realizes the evil lurking underneath the daydream and the rest of the story follows him trying to escape the clutches of the house.

It's really great.

* I'll check that one out, Odetta. Thanks.

Edit again - Chris! Stop posting what I post!

Big Pants; Little Feet Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We-ell, I'm reading two books. One is Bag of Bones, and the other is The Kabbalah, which is translations of the first three books of the ZHR (Zohar, Book of Splendor).
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

Discord Tag: Can*/Tommy (They/Them pronouns)#5588

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    It's supposed to be a kid's book, but has more than enough for adults to enjoy it. It's about a little boy who is bored to death with his life and he magically enters this place called the Holiday House, where all his dreams come true. He can eat whatever he wants, the seasons rotate daily, so everyday is Christmas, ect.. Then he realizes the evil lurking underneath the daydream and the rest of the story follows him trying to escape the clutches of the house.

It's really great.

* I'll check that one out, Odetta. Thanks.

Erin and I are actually the same person.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 713 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast