Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 655 of 714 FirstFirst ... 155 555 605 645 653 654 655 656 657 665 705 ... LastLast
Results 16,351 to 16,375 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Just finished my annual re-read of A Christmas Carol.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for this analysis of Wilson, St Troy. He’s always been an author I’ve wondered about looking into, and this was a great overview. Cheers

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No one here has read the Broken Earth Trilogy?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Thanks for this analysis of Wilson, St Troy. He’s always been an author I’ve wondered about looking into, and this was a great overview. Cheers
    Yes, thank you!

I am reading The Tomb and enjoying it.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Jack Vance - City of the Chasch

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Started Dune last night.

I bought this hardcover several years ago, possibly over 20, and it just...sat there.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just finished Cabin at the End of the World. Loved it! I really didn't know much going in, and I'm glad I didn't. This one definitely surprised me at numerous times.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Started Dune last night.

I bought this hardcover several years ago, possibly over 20, and it just...sat there.
    Good luck with Dune. It has a lot of hard-core followers, and a lot of readers who don't get what the big deal is. I fall somewhere in the middle, but closer to the former camp. The five Frank-Herbert-penned sequels can be tough going, but make the first book better, in my opinion, and have some great world-building.

(Stay away from the Brian Herbert and Kevin J Anderson Dune novels written long after Frank Herbert's death. They are TRASH).

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

King recommended November Road, by Lou Berney. Now I did follow his advice before, and hated that particular title (forgot which one it was...), but I'll give this a go.
    First finishing The Outsider - which, to me, is one of the most disappointing Kings in years....

sk

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Fifth Season. No one here seemed to have read it and this is my favourite book of the last decade. It’s 500 pages and is part of Triology. I can’t say enough good about this. The writer is the only author to receive the Hugo award 3 consecutive years. I cannot wait for the second one but will have to as I’m away for 10 days!!! I wish I had brought it with me. 10/10 and if you haven’t read this... DO IT. Don’t read up as I did when I couldn’t find anything from you trusted readers and I ruined a HUGE spoiler so it would have been mind blowing if I didn’t know. I never take this long to write a review so please read this book and I’m sure you will be JUST like me and look forward to the next one!!!! Cheers all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought I could get in one more book this year so started Stoker's Manuscript. Main character is a rare book dealer, expert, etc etc. And a few pages in is this: "So I dropped in on Doug with a gift, a first edition Thinner, by Stephen King before he wrote under his own name." Seriously?
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

What's wrong with that?

I picked up Stranded by Bracken MacLeod.

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was under the impression Carrie etc came out under SK's own name before Richard Bachman appeared. Or am I not reading that sentence right - to me it implies Richard Bachman was published before Stephen King...
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    What's wrong with that?

I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on this one once you're done.

I just started Hell Hound. Really enjoying it so far.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kraken has a spectacular aura about Kraken has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Just started The Stand

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Got The Outsider for Christmas, just started it this morning.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Niiiiice. I've still got that waiting for me on my shelf.

I got Elevation for Christmas and started it.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Just finished The Dead Zone. First time reading it. What a great novel. Possibly my second favorite King story.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Just finished The Dead Zone. First time reading it. What a great novel. Possibly my second favorite King story.
    Yes!
    It's a wonderful book and one that I've reread numerous times.

Edit: What's your first favorite King story?

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Yes!
    It's a wonderful book and one that I've reread numerous times.

Edit: What's your first favorite King story?
    The Drawing of the Three. If I remember correctly, it’s your favorite as well?

Btw I love your avatar/profile picture! My mother in law made a duplicate of that bunny costume for my one year old this year. There are pictures I can hold over my son’s head for decades!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

The Drawing of the Three. If I remember correctly, it’s your favorite as well?
    Heck yeah, it is!
    Well, it's at least my favorite Dark Tower book and probably my favorite King book as well. It's weird for me to pick favorites and try to decide whether or not DT books go onto the same list. These are the things that keep me awake at night.

Btw I love your avatar/profile picture! My mother in law made a duplicate of that bunny costume for my one year old this year. There are pictures I can hold over my son’s head for decades!
    Haha! That is awesome! If you get the chance, post some pictures. I'd love to see that.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome book along with The Drawing of the Three.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    What's wrong with that?

It was okay at best. There's a really neat plot twist about halfway through, but overall, I didn't really get what the phenomenon was, what caused it, the motivation of the antagonist, and most importantly, I couldn't really connect with any of the characters. I mean, it's an entertaining book in a beach reading sort of way. Except you read it in winter time.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    What's wrong with that?

It was okay at best. There's a really neat plot twist about halfway through, but overall, I didn't really get what the phenomenon was, what caused it, the motivation of the antagonist, and most importantly, I couldn't really connect with any of the characters. I mean, it's an entertaining book in a beach reading sort of way. Except you read it in winter time.
    I hear you. I felt the same way. I read it last winter during my winter horror read phase. I was really hoping for a scary cold book, but it ended up feeling like an episode of the Twilight Zone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 655 of 714 FirstFirst ... 155 555 605 645 653 654 655 656 657 665 705 ... LastLast