Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 702 of 714 FirstFirst ... 202 602 652 692 700 701 702 703 704 712 ... LastLast
Results 17,526 to 17,550 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Just starting Fourth of July Creek by Smith Henderson and then have The Kingdom by Jo Nesbo up next.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

“Running toward the light, Parker fired twice over his left shoulder, not caring whether he hit anything or not.”

Butcher’s Moon by Richard Stark.

It’s the last Parker novel before Stark revived him 20 years later, and Stark is bringing his A game. Good Lord, but this man could write.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

If You See Her - Ania Alhborn. This is my fourth book of hers. Love her stuff
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anybody read Midnight Library? I'm really loving it so far.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Has anyone read The Nickel Boys? I thought it was an amazing book. Very timely too. It's a quick read too.
    Colson Whitehead is on fire. Two Pulitzers in a row. I have liked everything of his I have read and am working my way through his whole catalogue.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Pines by Blake Crouch and I'm sad it took me this long to read it. Such a good book and the two others in the trilogy are waiting for me at my doorstep. Started Within These Walls by Ania Ahlborn as my first book of 2021.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Just finished Pines by Blake Crouch and I'm sad it took me this long to read it. Such a good book and the two others in the trilogy are waiting for me at my doorstep. Started Within These Walls by Ania Ahlborn as my first book of 2021.
    The Pines is soooo good. I loved that set. It was one of my top Suntup desires lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll echo the Pines love. I think I loved the second one even more.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    What took you so long! I'm glad you enjoyed it. The whole series is excellent. I've been dying to do a reread as it's been a number of years since I read it. I recently got them all on audio, so I might give them a listen soon, and see how the audiobooks are.

I started off the year by picking up the third book in Darcy Coates Black Winter series. I loved the first, but the second one not so much. So far this one is fairly enjoyable.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of winter reads, Heather, I meant to ask you the other day for a couple good winter/snowy book recommendations.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just am half way through Red Rising. I LOVE this book so far. Anyone else read the triology?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Speaking of winter reads, Heather, I meant to ask you the other day for a couple good winter/snowy book recommendations.
    I forget what ones you've read. My top 2 are The Terror by Dan Simmons and Dark Mater by Michelle Paver.

Others that I really enjoyed are
    Thin Air - Michelle Paver
    Into Thin Air - John Krakauer
    White - Tim Lebbon
    Voices in the Snow - Darcy Coates
    The Shuddering - Ania Ahlborn
    Stranded - Bracken Macleod

Top ones on my list to read this year are to finish Darcy's Black Winter series, and Bone White by Ronald Malfi. Also on my list are The White Road by Sarah Lotz, The Arctic Fury by Greer Macallister, The Ascent by Ronald Malfi, Waiting Out Winter by Kelli Own and a bunch that I found on kindle unlimited. So we'll see what ones I actually get to.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Half way through The Fireman. Loving it, enjoying it as much as NOS4A2 which is in my all time top 25. Pines is next and looking forward to it.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Soon there will be many new interesting books.....

All the Horror Books We’re Excited About in 2021
    https://tornightfire.com/new-horror-books-in-2021/

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Half way through The Fireman. Loving it, enjoying it as much as NOS4A2 which is in my all time top 25. Pines is next and looking forward to it.
    A lot of people seem to hate on The Fireman, but I absolutely loved it. It's one of my favorites of his. And you're in for a treat with Pines

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I started the Expanse books in October and am currently reading Tiamat's Wrath(8).
    Thankfully Leviathan Falls will be published this year so I won't have to wait long to finish the series.
    Mark Twain

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    A lot of people seem to hate on The Fireman, but I absolutely loved it. It's one of my favorites of his. And you're in for a treat with Pines
    I'm definitely in the hater camp
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Has anyone read The Nickel Boys? I thought it was an amazing book. Very timely too. It's a quick read too.
    Colson Whitehead is on fire. Two Pulitzers in a row. I have liked everything of his I have read and am working my way through his whole catalogue.
    I picked up Underground Railroad and I can't wait to read it along with some of his other stuff. Have you read The Intuitionist? That one sounds interesting.

He spoke to a bunch of students at the school my mom works at a while back over Zoom. It was an interesting session.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

I forget what ones you've read. My top 2 are The Terror by Dan Simmons and Dark Mater by Michelle Paver.

Others that I really enjoyed are
    Thin Air - Michelle Paver
    Into Thin Air - John Krakauer
    White - Tim Lebbon
    Voices in the Snow - Darcy Coates
    The Shuddering - Ania Ahlborn
    Stranded - Bracken Macleod

Top ones on my list to read this year are to finish Darcy's Black Winter series, and Bone White by Ronald Malfi. Also on my list are The White Road by Sarah Lotz, The Arctic Fury by Greer Macallister, The Ascent by Ronald Malfi, Waiting Out Winter by Kelli Own and a bunch that I found on kindle unlimited. So we'll see what ones I actually get to.
    Wow, Heather, thanks! I Googled most of them and I think The Shuddering sounds the most enjoyable to me. I might check and see if BN has it this weekend.

I saw The Terror TV show and didn't enjoy it, so I never read the book (I remember you saying that the book was better, though). And I read Dark Matter last year based off your recommendation, but that's the only one.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

You should give The Terror a shot, it's one of my all time favorite books. I've read it a couple of times. I'm bummed you watched the show because it wasn't that great. Maybe once the memory of it fades you'll give it a read And I need to get moving if I even want to read a fraction of the ones on my list

Country
    Country Flag

You should give The Terror a shot, it's one of my all time favorite books. I've read it a couple of times. I'm bummed you watched the show because it wasn't that great. Maybe once the memory of it fades you'll give it a read And I need to get moving if I even want to read a fraction of the ones on my list
    I could literally NOT put Terror down. At all.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Me too. I really liked that book.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    WAIT.. what are you trying to say here? SUNTUP limited is ALL I HEARD. hahahahahh JK JK JK
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    WAIT.. what are you trying to say here? SUNTUP limited is ALL I HEARD. hahahahahh JK JK JK
    Exactly what I heard as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Reading The System by Ryan Gattis right now. About halfway through and really liking it so far.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 702 of 714 FirstFirst ... 202 602 652 692 700 701 702 703 704 712 ... LastLast