Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 460 of 714 FirstFirst ... 360 410 450 458 459 460 461 462 470 510 560 ... LastLast
Results 11,476 to 11,500 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gunslinger Apprentice neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus will become famous soon enough neosatus's Avatar

Just started this:

And the first story has bears! lol

Seems pretty interesting. It's about this town and the people there beginning with its founding. Multiple stories take place chronologically so there's always some heritage connection. Much of it involves tragedy, but as is life.
    So far I'm always ready to jump into the next story as one ends, so it's hard to put down.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neosatus View Post
    Just started this:

And the first story has bears! lol
    : interested :

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of recommendations for bears, as a Dickens fan, Jean, you should probably check out Terry Pratchett's Dodger.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

: makes a note :

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't remember who it was but someone on here was reading Clive Barker's Books of Blood and now I really want to check it out. My only exposure to Barker's work thus far is Imajica (which I freakin' LOVED) and I want to read some of his classic horror stuff that made him famous.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'd love to read Books of Blood one day. I just need to find them somewhere. I did read Cabal (adapted into Nightbreed) and The Hellbound Heart (adapted into Hellraiser) and they were both quick, good reads.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I can't remember who it was but someone on here was reading Clive Barker's Books of Blood
    Must have been Brices and bears, with different outcome

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I'd love to read Books of Blood one day. I just need to find them somewhere. I did read Cabal (adapted into Nightbreed) and The Hellbound Heart (adapted into Hellraiser) and they were both quick, good reads.
    Honestly, the TPB cover of Cabal is enough to make me want to read it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I can't remember who it was but someone on here was reading Clive Barker's Books of Blood
    Must have been Brices and bears, with different outcome
    I bet I know which is which

Country
    Country Flag

but I really liked two or even three stories... they would all be nice if he knew how to stop when the story is over.

Reading now: The Casual Vacancy. Judging by what people here said, it must become worse very soon, but so far it's delightful!

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I can't remember who it was but someone on here was reading Clive Barker's Books of Blood and now I really want to check it out. My only exposure to Barker's work thus far is Imajica (which I freakin' LOVED) and I want to read some of his classic horror stuff that made him famous.
    I can't recommend Clive Barker's The Thief of Always enough. It is one of my favorite stories.

Here is an excerpt:
    http://www.clivebarker.info/yathiefex.html
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Country
    Country Flag

wow, I have it!!! long live the Kindle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will start some time after TCV

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Reading now: The Casual Vacancy. Judging by what people here said, it must become worse very soon, but so far it's delightful!
    I suspected as much that this would be your reaction, Jean! Alright, I'll aim to give it a chance, then.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I can't recommend Clive Barker's The Thief of Always enough. It is one of my favorite stories.

Here is an excerpt:
    http://www.clivebarker.info/yathiefex.html
    You've been on this site for a while, so I'm sure you're aware of my running joke with ToA and how it's been on my to read list for about ... 3 years now

No but seriously, I really, really want to read that soon. I think that excerpt might be just the push I needed. Thanks Chris.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The theif of always was great, love the edition of it that I have.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Just got the last of the DT comic hardcovers, so I'll finish those up... I need to catch up on a bunch of King books!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    Just got the last of the DT comic hardcovers, so I'll finish those up... I need to catch up on a bunch of King books!
    Did they turn out to be first printings? I was going to order from Amazon also, but didn't know what I would get.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Best Served Cold by Joe Abercrombie.

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Yes! All three were shrinkwrapped first printings, plus I pre-ordered the next one. They've got the lowest prices now right, I think (or hope anyway lol)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Time and Again
    ~Jack Finney

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The Man in The Seventh Row by Brian Pendreigh

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

The Twelve Justin Cronin.
    So far Im enjoying it as much as The Passage
    reality continues to ruin my life

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stkmw02 View Post
    Yes! All three were shrinkwrapped first printings, plus I pre-ordered the next one. They've got the lowest prices now right, I think (or hope anyway lol)
    Sweet! I will order from them.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    *squee*
    HAVE to get this... NOW!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    I don't think you will be disappointed.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Norman Prentiss - The Fleshless Man
    Steve Rasnic Tem - Deadfall Hotel (never read him but saw this was published as a limited from Centipede Press, Dan Simmons praised, D'Israeli did illustrations and it and it received great reviews so I picked it up. It's dedicated to Charles Grant. Add all those factors together and you'll get a pretty clear picture of what kind of horror this is.)

Still reading these two. It's been a month and a half since I started them:
    Tim Powers - Hide Me Among the Graves. Only half finished. I love it but can't read more than a chapter or two at a time.
    Brandon Sanderson - The Way of Kings. I love the world he created but it's so fucking tedious. His fight scenes are opposite of dynamic. They're overwritten, too similar to each other and take forever. He can write novella-length works too - Legion from SubPress is a great story - but this need for fantasy works to be so painfully long is just silly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 460 of 714 FirstFirst ... 360 410 450 458 459 460 461 462 470 510 560 ... LastLast