Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 399 of 714 FirstFirst ... 299 349 389 397 398 399 400 401 409 449 499 ... LastLast
Results 9,951 to 9,975 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Reading The House of Silk, the new Sherlock Holmes novel by Anthony Horowitz, and I'm really liking it so far. Just the first couple of chapters, and I can see why it's the only novel the Conan Doyle Estate have authorised. I'm not the biggest expert on Holmes, but I've read a few of the original stories, and what I've read so far really does match the unique ACD style perfectly.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice Flygrl is on a distinguished road Flygrl's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Reading The House of Silk, the new Sherlock Holmes novel by Anthony Horowitz, and I'm really liking it so far. Just the first couple of chapters, and I can see why it's the only novel the Conan Doyle Estate have authorised. I'm not the biggest expert on Holmes, but I've read a few of the original stories, and what I've read so far really does match the unique ACD style perfectly.
    Also reading this. And I agree with the comments

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Flygrl View Post

I read this book in college and absolutely LOVED it. It really was an eye-opener.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gunslinger Apprentice Flygrl is on a distinguished road Flygrl's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a great book! We're reading it now for Sociology and I'm having a hard time putting it down. Highly unusual for me to do with most college texts.
    Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Almost done reading GOOD OMENS for the second time (straight through from reading it the first time). I like this story and the way it's told.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    Hesitant to start A Dance With Dragons after zombies post.
    It's certainly an ambitious undertaking, but the pay off is worth it. One of the best of the series. It's one of the longest books I've read, but I finished it very quickly because I wasn't able to put it down. It's that good.
    I start it on faith then, you wouldn't steer me wrong....right.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Almost done reading GOOD OMENS for the second time (straight through from reading it the first time). I like this story and the way it's told.
    Oh, me too. It is wonderful. It is my second favorite Gaiman that I've read.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Done with The Stand now, Waiting for Beffy to catch up so we can start 11/22/63.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Please don't start without me!
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Course not. I think I'll read Call It Courage while I wait. I love this little book. Good quick read.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    What's your favorite? I think I should start reading this one, I still haven't been able to pick up a book since finishing 11/22/63.

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Done with The Stand now, Waiting for Beffy to catch up so we can start 11/22/63.
    Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Hurry up you two!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy

you read it yet? Anyone else that hasn't read it is welcome to join our little read. Not that we'll lack people to discuss it with, lol.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The Time Machine, by HG Wells (on iphone while waiting for anything - Dr appt, ...)

11/22/63 (in the evenings before bed time)

Dune: House Atreides (audio book during comute time)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

you read it yet? Anyone else that hasn't read it is welcome to join our little read. Not that we'll lack people to discuss it with, lol.
    I have, its excellent!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Was it a little slow moving for you, Heather? I'm 350 pages in and while the writing is really good, not a whole lot is happening (in terms of action or excitement). Can I expect the second half to be as "quiet"?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

That's really weird I could have sworn I replied... But I didn't think it was slow at all. I couldn't put it down

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished my third reread of 11/22/63.

John

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow John, you must really like it - I am still only about a third of the way through my first read! I read slow and mostly when I hit the hay - I'll get there soon though - I only have today and tomorrow to work and then off until Jan 3rd!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Bob, I do really like it. I first read it when I got the US proof, then twice after it hit the stands.

John

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading The Mote in God's Eye. This book was written for me. Fast paced, intelligent, interesting sci-fi with some political undertones in it. I'm also listening to Black Hills by Dan Simmons and oh my god, it's the most painful book I've ever listened to/read. It just goes on and on and on and on and it's saying nothing at all.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I just finished my third reread of 11/22/63.

John
    Whoa! You have been busy! You must be a speed reader! I only read the book once so far. I am not yet emotionally ready to read it a second time.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Re-reading Bag of Bones (my first ever King re-read, too many books to have to read a first time), as well as dipping into the newly translated Arabian Nights, and just got hold of this:

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    What's your favorite? I think I should start reading this one, I still haven't been able to pick up a book since finishing 11/22/63.

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    Hurry up you two!

My first Gaiman: Neverwhere!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 399 of 714 FirstFirst ... 299 349 389 397 398 399 400 401 409 449 499 ... LastLast