Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 714 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 577 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'm almost done listening to the revised Gunslinger but I am going through again because a friend is sending MP3's of King reading the original three

So I am doing them all again. I cannot wait so hear the differences between revised and original. I bet they are many.

"The Gunslinger"? Doesn't sound familiar to me..who is it by?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice KO1 is on a distinguished road KO1's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I mentioned this somewhere else but I had a real hard time with it last time and ended up giving up on it. Last week a friend of mine talked me into giving it a second chance, so well see how it goes

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

One of my all time favorites right there.
    Mine too. I hate to see it get so much hate.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm almost done listening to the revised Gunslinger but I am going through again because a friend is sending MP3's of King reading the original three

So I am doing them all again. I cannot wait so hear the differences between revised and original. I bet they are many.
    Not really.

He added less than fifty pages to the manuscript. The prose is less stilted, and the narrative is reworked to account for changes in subsequent volumes, but that's the extent of the alterations.

BTW, I'm not using spoiler tags here because I assume everyone here already knows the revised version of TG was changed to reflect the last four parts of TDT.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that is a given.

You know what I noticed this time through? No mention of the Tower falling.

I assume its even less prominent in the non revised version.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

have never read and will never read the damn revised. ::shoots revised book to tatters::
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Its odd that it is the first time I noticed it. No word at all about the Tower being in danger--a little at the end about how the CK is the master.

The beams and stuff just flat don't come up. All about obsession. Also its weird how often people tell him to just cry off.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

So I'm about 50 pages away from finishing Blaze.
    There's a line I came across, that for some reason, really grabbed me. I think it's the bluntness of it, and nothing is left to the imagination:
    Spoiler:
    Pisser Kelly was pink-slipped to an automobile graveyard, where he was discovered with his throat cut and his balls in the glove compartment of a Chevrolet Biscayne.

Odd.....

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    It reminds me of what happens in The Dark Half

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Oooh...it's been a while since I read that one.
    Maybe I need to put it on my agenda.

Gunslinger Apprentice al'Lan Mandragoran is on a distinguished road al'Lan Mandragoran's Avatar

The Count of Monte Cristo
    Duty is heavier than a mountain, death lighter than a feather. - al'Lan Mandragoran, Eye of the World

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    have never read and will never read the damn revised. ::shoots revised book to tatters::
    You are missing out then. I can understand your hesitation to read it on the grounds of King changing the first chapter but you should try to think of it as taking place after book 7.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by al'Lan Mandragoran
    in English? I hope the translation is good.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm just about to begin:
    A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by al'Lan Mandragoran View Post
    I have this, in English, and it's one of my favorite books.

I also have War and Peace and Anna Karenina in English, Jean, and they are great translations.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

good!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading The Game by Diana Wynne Jones. Shes a fantastic British author who has been writing for...wow, must be 25 years at least, I read her books as a child, so.
    She writes about magic alot, some of the books are quite dark - but I totally recommend her to anyone...especially Erin, SJ, Maer and Daggers - I think you guys would love her!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh great, add ANOTHER author to my already-too-long list.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy

Well, I'm adding to the list. If you like magic books, mixed with a medieval yet so common day style, try Tamora Pierce. You WILL NOT be dissapointed.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

So many books, so little time. *sigh*

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Breezy

well, put mine at the top of the list, you'll be a'ight.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Slowly inching my way through Duma Key...

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    well, put mine at the top of the list, you'll be a'ight.
    I just got a ton of books from Amazon, but I'll pencil you in.

My Mood
    Breezy

Amazon ey? reminds me of a new giveaway I'm gonna do.

better yet, I think I'll donate it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 714 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 127 177 577 ... LastLast