+ Reply to Thread
Page 429 of 706 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 479 529 ... LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,725 of 17626

Thread: What are you currently reading?

  1. #10701
    The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chinatown
    Posts
    28,087
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Black House is 10 times better than The Talisman. At least.
    Yes. At least. I don't know if the quantitative approach works here at all: to me, they are in entirely different leagues.

    Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

    bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #10702
    Banned WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    4,952
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I agree about BH > Talisman. Not sure how many times. I like The Talisman a lot too, it's just BH was a lot more concise and the writting was a lot stronger.

    As far as the Bentley comment - I'd say no higher praise could be given to a horror writter.

  3. #10703
    Rebel Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,655

    Default

    Well maybe I used the wrong word, I didn't mean scared as in it terrified me to read it. As you all know I love a good scary book. And the scarier the better. What I meant was I was horrified and disgusted (and not in a good way ) by what I read, that I have no desire to pick up another book by him. I read The University, has anyone here read it? Maybe his other books are alot better than this one? I'll take suggestions, just as long as its nothing like that one.

    And I will attempt Black House again soon
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

  4. #10704
    Nigel Tufnel Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,299
    My Mood
    Confused
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    I'm torn. You know I refuse to read the Kurrent Kool Kid book but I am intrigued to see what the Kelly Ripas of the world consider BDSM.
    It's pretty light... compared to some of the kinky shit I have read...
    There's a fine line between stupid and clever.

    You can't really dust for vomit.

  5. #10705
    Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Currently employed by S.W.O.R.D. in a deep cover capacity at an undislosed High Priority location
    Posts
    32,039
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I loved Talisman and Black House. I have really liked every King book I've read so far. That being said, I'm a huge Cardinals fan so I don't think I can read Faithful. But if that is the last book left to complete my reading of King, I might at least peruse through it.
    I will not collect that cursed book nor, will I read it. It's pure fiction!!!! LOL
    The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!!

    They cheated their way to a couple of League Championships & a World Series!!!!

    Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????


    28 in 21!!!!




  6. #10706
    BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Accrington. England
    Posts
    5,337
    My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Black House is 10 times better than The Talisman. At least.
    I think I am one of the few people that prefer Talisman over Blackhouse. I loved the writing, the setting and of course Wolf.

    Blackhouse seemed staple King to me, which i did love dont get me wrong, but if I was to choose just one book that i was to read over and over it would be Talisman over Blackhouse.

  7. #10707
    Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,079
    My Mood
    Breezy

    Default

    I agree with Candy.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

  8. #10708
    Weedeater frik is a name known to all frik is a name known to all frik is a name known to all frik is a name known to all frik is a name known to all frik is a name known to all frik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Rotterdam, The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,904
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default



    sk

  9. #10709
    Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Riderville
    Posts
    354
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Black House is 10 times better than The Talisman. At least.
    I think I am one of the few people that prefer Talisman over Blackhouse. I loved the writing, the setting and of course Wolf.

    Blackhouse seemed staple King to me, which i did love dont get me wrong, but if I was to choose just one book that i was to read over and over it would be Talisman over Blackhouse.
    Absolutely!
    ďThere are no men like me. There's only meĒ- The Kingslayer

  10. #10710
    Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lettiland
    Posts
    29,623
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Well maybe I used the wrong word, I didn't mean scared as in it terrified me to read it. As you all know I love a good scary book. And the scarier the better. What I meant was I was horrified and disgusted (and not in a good way ) by what I read, that I have no desire to pick up another book by him. I read The University, has anyone here read it? Maybe his other books are alot better than this one? I'll take suggestions, just as long as its nothing like that one.

    And I will attempt Black House again soon
    Heather, since I really don't see Little's stuff as that extreme ( I read a lot of stuff that definitely is)I don't really know what to say. Pick up The Collection; it's all short stories so you can read in small doses and you're bound to find stuff you like. I don't really recall anything in The University that was that bad, but it's been years since I've read it.
    Maybe I've forgotten. I may need to read it again. Can I ask specifically what bothered you in it?

    I have grown to like The Talisman and Black House about equally, but in different ways. Initially I wasn't overly thrilled with Black House ( I still liked it) because it's so much different from Talisman which was one I loved since it first came out...or round about then.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

    If you rescue me
    Iíll be your friend forever


    I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)



  11. #10711
    Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    14,637
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    ...

    I think I am one of the few people that prefer Talisman over Blackhouse. I loved the writing, the setting and of course Wolf.

    Blackhouse seemed staple King to me, which i did love dont get me wrong, but if I was to choose just one book that i was to read over and over it would be Talisman over Blackhouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I agree with Candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by velcro_fly View Post
    Absolutely!
    Add me to this list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    ... Initially I wasn't overly thrilled with Black House ( I still liked it) because it's so much different from Talisman which was one I loved since it first came out...or round about then.
    Brice's quoted comment says it for me.

  12. #10712
    Banned WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    4,952
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Iain M. Banks - The State of the Art
    Tolkien - The Fellowship of the Ring

  13. #10713
    Rebel Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Well maybe I used the wrong word, I didn't mean scared as in it terrified me to read it. As you all know I love a good scary book. And the scarier the better. What I meant was I was horrified and disgusted (and not in a good way ) by what I read, that I have no desire to pick up another book by him. I read The University, has anyone here read it? Maybe his other books are alot better than this one? I'll take suggestions, just as long as its nothing like that one.

    And I will attempt Black House again soon
    Heather, since I really don't see Little's stuff as that extreme ( I read a lot of stuff that definitely is)I don't really know what to say. Pick up The Collection; it's all short stories so you can read in small doses and you're bound to find stuff you like. I don't really recall anything in The University that was that bad, but it's been years since I've read it.
    Maybe I've forgotten. I may need to read it again. Can I ask specifically what bothered you in it?
    The problem I had with it, was that it was literally all just sex, from beginning to end. Nothing else. And some of it was a little crazy...
    I really don't like a lot of sex in my books, especially if that's all there is and nothing more. I'll see if I can find this collection though. Oh and I wouldn't recommend reading it again. It's probably best forgotten
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

  14. #10714
    Invincible fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Globe Guardian
    Posts
    28,074
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    ...

    I think I am one of the few people that prefer Talisman over Blackhouse. I loved the writing, the setting and of course Wolf.

    Blackhouse seemed staple King to me, which i did love dont get me wrong, but if I was to choose just one book that i was to read over and over it would be Talisman over Blackhouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I agree with Candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by velcro_fly View Post
    Absolutely!
    Add me to this list.
    Make that five.

  15. #10715
    S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    11,596
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    ...

    I think I am one of the few people that prefer Talisman over Blackhouse. I loved the writing, the setting and of course Wolf.

    Blackhouse seemed staple King to me, which i did love dont get me wrong, but if I was to choose just one book that i was to read over and over it would be Talisman over Blackhouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I agree with Candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by velcro_fly View Post
    Absolutely!
    Add me to this list.
    Make that five.
    Six.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

  16. #10716
    Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lettiland
    Posts
    29,623
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Well maybe I used the wrong word, I didn't mean scared as in it terrified me to read it. As you all know I love a good scary book. And the scarier the better. What I meant was I was horrified and disgusted (and not in a good way ) by what I read, that I have no desire to pick up another book by him. I read The University, has anyone here read it? Maybe his other books are alot better than this one? I'll take suggestions, just as long as its nothing like that one.

    And I will attempt Black House again soon
    Heather, since I really don't see Little's stuff as that extreme ( I read a lot of stuff that definitely is)I don't really know what to say. Pick up The Collection; it's all short stories so you can read in small doses and you're bound to find stuff you like. I don't really recall anything in The University that was that bad, but it's been years since I've read it.
    Maybe I've forgotten. I may need to read it again. Can I ask specifically what bothered you in it?
    The problem I had with it, was that it was literally all just sex, from beginning to end. Nothing else. And some of it was a little crazy...
    I really don't like a lot of sex in my books, especially if that's all there is and nothing more. I'll see if I can find this collection though. Oh and I wouldn't recommend reading it again. It's probably best forgotten
    Never ever NEVER read Ed Lee books. He makes Little (and nearly everyone else) look positively puritanical.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

    If you rescue me
    Iíll be your friend forever


    I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)



  17. #10717
    Gunslinger Apprentice noal will become famous soon enough noal will become famous soon enough noal's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Uttoxeter
    Posts
    149
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Last chapter of 'Jerusalem- A Biography'

    Gahhh, It feels like the longest book in my life!

    (waiting to read WTTK)!
    They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they did.

    Red Cloud

  18. #10718
    Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    30,702
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noal View Post
    Last chapter of 'Jerusalem- A Biography'

    Gahhh, It feels like the longest book in my life!

    (waiting to read WTTK)!
    How is it?

  19. #10719
    Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    14,637
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Finished THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE yesterday.

    Going to read BLOCKADE BILLY, by the same author, today.

  20. #10720
    Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lettiland
    Posts
    29,623
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    What author could that possibly be?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

    If you rescue me
    Iíll be your friend forever


    I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)



  21. #10721
    Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,369
    My Mood
    Inspired

    Default

    I'm hoping to finish The Composers: A Hystery of Music by Kevin Reeves today. Awesome book with hysterical historical facts on classic composers. It's been a great background read for me while I've been extra busy the past few weeks, but I'm tired of reading bits of information slowly and ready to move on.

    So, I'll read a few children's books quickly... Chester Raccoon and the Acorn Full of Memories by Audrey Penn, The Duckling Gets a Cookie!? by Mo Willems, The Case of the School Ghost by Dori Hillestad Butler. Maybe I'll start Pirates: The Ring of Hope by Daryl K. Cobb. I might even write out some reviews for a few others I've read and have been procrastinating...

    But I'm not sure what grown-up book to start next. Perhaps I'll knock out the new King graphic novels I got?

  22. #10722
    Banned WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    4,952
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I needed a light read so I started the first Harry Potter book.

  23. #10723
    Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lettiland
    Posts
    29,623
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    The Hunger Games
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

    If you rescue me
    Iíll be your friend forever


    I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)



  24. #10724
    Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,369
    My Mood
    Inspired

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    The Hunger Games
    Nice! Let me know if you start on the second book... I haven't started it yet.

  25. #10725
    Rebel Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19 has a brilliant future Heather19's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Going to read BLOCKADE BILLY, by the same author, today.
    Just picked that up a few weeks ago, haven't read it yet though. Let me know how you like it.

    Currently reading Cannery Row by John Steinbeck as a favor for a friend who I keep making read some King
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 429 of 706 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 479 529 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts