Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 494 of 713 FirstFirst ... 394 444 484 492 493 494 495 496 504 544 594 ... LastLast
Results 12,326 to 12,350 of 17825

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Joe Hill - NOS4R2
    J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
    + Douglas Adams - Mostly Harmless

Gunslinger Apprentice RandyinAK will become famous soon enough RandyinAK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have 50 pages left in Dark Tower 7. I started the Gunslinger on Jan. 1st and now I'm almost done with Book 7. Next is wind Through the Keyhole, just found it in paperback at a thrift store. Oh and I squeezed Little Sisters of Eluria in there and finished that too.... quick read on that one...... Prior to starting the Dark Tower, I finished up last year by reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Series. The first 150 pages were brutally slow but once I got into it, I was walking into a book store finishing Book 1 to buy book 2 and the same with Book 3. Stieg Larrson did a great job with those.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RandyinAK View Post
    The first 150 pages were brutally slow but once I got into it, I was walking into a book store finishing Book 1 to buy book 2 and the same with Book 3. Stieg Larrson did a great job with those.
    Agree! The beginning of Dragon Tattoo was painfully slow.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

LOVE this series.
    I used to own most of the originals, threw them out (don't ask!) and have regretted it ever since.
    Dark Horse to the rescue!

sk
    This looks interesting ...

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It is! Can't go wrong with Eerie....nor Creepy.........Vampirella.....

Just started:

sk

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Sadly, I had to put down The Brothers Karamazov, as much as I was enjoying it, because it was too much of a distraction from other things I've had to do the past two weeks. And it's just sitting there, begging to be read and I have to resist it daily!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Apprentice Shadow is on a distinguished road Shadow's Avatar

My Mood
    Goofy

The Paradox of Choice by Barry Shwartz

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

I've had this on my shelf since 08; I wish I had gotten around to it sooner. The storyline has me rethinking my opinion on the traditional fantasy fixtures--elves and dwarves--and considering the fact that I can throw out madeup races with unique names and still have a readable story. The tone is fairly gritty; a dwarven-built war dragon crashes in a fey village. Our protagonist, Will, is one of the few who can touch the dragon. Will's halfhuman, and that human blood allows him to touch iron without being burned. So Will becomes a sort of Chosen for the war dragon.

I like Swanwick's style because he has yet to bog himself down with extraneous details about the novel's setting.

Gunslinger Apprentice RandyinAK will become famous soon enough RandyinAK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished Dark Tower 7 a couple days back,,,,,, not super clear on that ending or sure that I liked it but have been in a bit of a fog from broken back incident and layed up in the hospital bed, I'll probably have to reread the last half of that again but i'm giving it a rest......
    2 days ago I started 11/22/63 and am on page 250+, Can't put it down.
    On the plus side, By the time I'm done with it, I should have a huge box showing up from Shannon's sale that will keep me busy for a while
    R.
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    The Stand S/L in coffin box
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope you start feeling better soon!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Default Thanks John

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Hope you start feeling better soon!

John
    Yeah better every day! Thank ya. Finally walking short distances without the walker. LOL, I'll be back soon, but I'm collecting like crazy right now as I have time to look for deals and the Shannon Show yesterday helped a bunch. Have a great weekend!!!
    Rand
    Randy in Alaska

Wanted:
    These 1st/1st Editions:
    Salems Lot
    Dead Zone

Wish List:
    The Stand S/L in coffin box
    Firestarter S/L
    Doctor Sleep S/L
    Cujo S/L
    Christine S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega will become famous soon enough subie09lega's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hoping to finish The Tommyknockers before Joyland arrives so I can start that right away.

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    I freakin' love this cover.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm half-way in my reread of HP and the Goblet of Fire, but I'm stopping to do a reread of King's Joyland and his newest story Afterlife.

John

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just read Afterlife. Started Joyland.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

he he, i'm still on "IT" actually and the reason it's taken me so long is really simple, some days i work night shift others i don't. and plus sometimes i don't feel like reading as well. or i'm just to damn tired to read. also i've been watching the show 'Revenge' downloading episodes i've missed this season. but to be fair i'm about halfway done with it now. i'm now #538 pages into it. which isn't bad i think. for me it's pretty damn good at least in the past couple years anyways. i dunno what i'm going to read next, i may read joyland but i need to buy it 1st. one to read the other not to.

and i read a little tonight. but mostly i was kinda waiting for my dumbfuck of a brother to give us a call and drop the kids off. my niece and nephew. they were going to spend the night 2 night. but he never called or anything. so my mind tonight was on seeing them. it's been awhile since i last saw either of them.

Country
    Country Flag

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Someone's on a Stark kick.

Just finished Christopher Buehlman - Those Across the River

Reading:

Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Angel's Game (about 1/6th in, really good so far)
    Dueling Minds anthology
    Joe Hill - NOS4R2
    Stephen King - Joyland

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Started Joyland today, and still reading Lolita.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

WDIL: haha, yes indeed I am. I just discovered Westlake this year, and I'm in love with his prose; the style is totally unique. Waiting for Joyland and my McGee novels to arrive for a change of pace though.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

First time reading:

I'm really digging it.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    First time reading:

I'm really digging it.
    Is this your first time drinking the koolaid of Joe Hill, or have your read others?

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Is this your first time drinking the koolaid of Joe Hill, or have your read others?
    I've already got a bellyful of Joe Hill Kool-Aid, just now getting around to this one, though.

That reminds me, I've got a new issue of Locke and Key to read, too.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 494 of 713 FirstFirst ... 394 444 484 492 493 494 495 496 504 544 594 ... LastLast