Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 488 of 714 FirstFirst ... 388 438 478 486 487 488 489 490 498 538 588 ... LastLast
Results 12,176 to 12,200 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    The sixty pages from The Drawing of the Three that I skipped during my first reread of the book.
    wtf, why?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I like to pick a theme for each month and (loosely) group books/authors. May is "British Invasion". It sounds really lame. Oh well. This is what I have on the go right now:

Neil Gaiman - The Graveyard Book
    Douglas Adams - The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    William Meikle - Clockwork Dolls
    Warren Ellis - Gun Machine
    Alan Moore - Voice of the Fire

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    The sixty pages from The Drawing of the Three that I skipped during my first reread of the book.
    wtf, why?
    I had similar sentiments when I saw this post, Feev. Please elaborate Ruthful; which 60 and why did you skip so much of the most influential book in the series?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Dark Harvest by Norman Partridge
    I've been in a reading slump lately, so when I passed by this cheap paperback on a shelf at the dollar store, and it caught my attention, I felt compelled to get it just to read something, anything. (I hate not having a book to read at all times.)

I'm glad I did, cause this guy is a damn good writer.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Finished Horns last night. I was very disappointed.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I've been in a reading slump lately, so when I passed by this cheap paperback on a shelf at the dollar store, and it caught my attention, I felt compelled to get it just to read something, anything. (I hate not having a book to read at all times.)

Happens to me all the time. Bargain bins & rummage sales! Pulp & small printers! Lots of fine sleepers are mixed in with the stupid.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    Have you read any of his other books? I got maybe halfway thru but it wasn't really grabbing me, so I put it down and have yet to finish it. I love his other books though.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

Happens to me all the time. Bargain bins & rummage sales! Pulp & small printers! Lots of fine sleepers are mixed in with the stupid.
    True.
    And when you just really want to read something, you'll give almost anything a shot, just for the sake of reading.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    Have you read any of his other books? I got maybe halfway thru but it wasn't really grabbing me, so I put it down and have yet to finish it. I love his other books though.
    Yes, loved HSB and the short stories. Horns started out so great, like an old SK short story...WHAM! Here's some weird shit, deal with it. If he'd stayed with that it could have been great.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Fuuuuuuuuhhhhh, still haven't read anything by Hill yet.

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Brother's Karamazov by Dostoevsky...my arm hurts from carrying it. Read 45 pages today...same amount of time Catcher In The Rye in that time.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    I'm sorry.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stebbins View Post
    I'm sorry.
    That bad IYO?

I figured I should read it before the TV series starts, so I have a basis of comparison. I'm 150 pages in and I'm liking it, thus far. King can sure create a despicable character; I already hate both Rennie men.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I loved UTD and am going to re-read it again this summer.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

You better get going!

I also loved Under the Dome.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    You better get going!

I also loved Under the Dome.
    Well I'll weigh in with a final verdict when I am done.

I also have yet to read anything by JH. I had Horns in my hands at the library the other day. But I was anxious to start and finish UTD, and there's so many other books/authors I want to read.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked Under the Dome too, but I can understand the hate.

And Stebbins, Heart-Shaped Box is a great Joe Hill intro. The short stories are really great, too.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't say it's one of King's best, but it IS very good, IMO.

John

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

King had an oppourtunity to write something special and I thought he really underutilized his chance. Hopefully the television series will make better use of it.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Ricky. HSB was there too; maybe when I'm ready for a Joe Hill, I'll grab that one.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Back to Deadhouse Gates by Steven Erikson. I love Malaz.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Lolita, and finishing up Cat's Cradle.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak will become famous soon enough fearless-freak's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

+ Reply to Thread
Page 488 of 714 FirstFirst ... 388 438 478 486 487 488 489 490 498 538 588 ... LastLast