Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 516 of 714 FirstFirst ... 16 416 466 506 514 515 516 517 518 526 566 616 ... LastLast
Results 12,876 to 12,900 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Re-read the revised Gunslinger (for the 4th time) and forgot what a wonderful book that is.... it is one of my fav King books for sure. I think I am going to start the Drawing of the Three tonight... love the Dark Tower!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Rereading Replay, by Ken Grimwood. One of the best "time travel" books ever!

John

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

About 1/3 of the way through Inferno and really enjoying it so far.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished off A Feast for Crows. Now I'm reading The Lowland, by Jhumpa Lahiri

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

3/4 done with Game of Thrones. It's not terrible but I don't see the big deal. He basically describes everything in detail, even the most insignificant characters that appear in a single line. I'll read the books because I told my brother I would. Otherwise I'd have stuck with his other books.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Just started the third book of the Silo series by Hugh Howey. First is Wool, second is Shift, third is Dust.
    This is an incredibly good read. Recommended!!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    3/4 done with Game of Thrones. It's not terrible but I don't see the big deal. He basically describes everything in detail, even the most insignificant characters that appear in a single line. I'll read the books because I told my brother I would. Otherwise I'd have stuck with his other books.
    Since I didn't promise anything to anyone, I quit somewhere in the middle of the first book.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

The Whisperer in Darkness: collected short stories of H.P. Lovecraft volume one.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

I started out very skeptical of the series, especially reading the prologue to the first book. 'Gared' doesn't sound like a name that even a medieval Viking would have-I assumed this would be an unreadable fantasy nerd novel after the first three pages, but I persevered, and I was not disappointed. I didn't stumble upon any truly idiotic, WTF was he thinking moments until the very end of A Storm of Swords, but the A Feast for Crows made up for that in part. I would stick with it if I were you.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    I didn't stumble upon any truly idiotic, WTF was he thinking moments until the very end of A Storm of Swords, but the A Feast for Crows made up for that in part. I would stick with it if I were you.
    Are you referring to the

Spoiler:
    resurrection of Catelyn?
    In Digitized Remorse

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

After Midnight by Richard Laymon
    Listening to The October List by Jeffrey Deaver - a little unsure on this one, it runs backwards which makes it a little hard to follow, especially on audiobook.

Citizen of Gilead Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead has a spectacular aura about Fall of Gilead's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I am reading Body Rides by him right now.
    In Digitized Remorse

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fall of Gilead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I am reading Body Rides by him right now.
    One of my favorites! My 13 year old self had dreams like that. Who am I kidding, my 34 year old self still does.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. It really marred what should have been the best book in the series-and reminded me of the awful endings to books 4 and 5 of The Dark Tower.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Since I didn't promise anything to anyone, I quit somewhere in the middle of the first book.
    That's exactly how I felt. I needed to read minimum 500 pages to be able to tell who is who (quite understandable, tons of characters and I didn't care about them very much) and I needed much more to really get to like the story.
    Somehow by the end of the first book I was hooked. I don't even know when or how it happened.
    I have been happily hooked ever since.
    So gogogo, if you are still not interested by the end of the first book, you can just put it down and never return. But IMHO it is worth a try.

Roland would have understood.

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Must finish the german horror antho. HORROR LEGIONEN

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    That's exactly how I felt. I needed to read minimum 500 pages to be able to tell who is who (quite understandable, tons of characters and I didn't care about them very much) and I needed much more to really get to like the story.
    Somehow by the end of the first book I was hooked. I don't even know when or how it happened.
    So gogogo, if you are still not interested by the end of the first book, you can just put it down and never return. But IMHO it is worth a try.
    if you say so, my love, it must be true! I'll give it another chance some time in the future, and I solemnly promise to make it to the end of the first book!

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    if you say so, my love, it must be true! I'll give it another chance some time in the future, and I solemnly promise to make it to the end of the first book!
    What a promise. We will see.
    Anyway don't forget how you found your way to the DT series. That started as a hard read as well.

Roland would have understood.

Country
    Country Flag

The Gunslinger was mercifully short, and The Drawing made it all worthwhile.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I am about to embark on the first GOT installment in paperback form. And anxiously aaiting the start of the next season on TV! Just have to finish Dr. Sleep on Kindle and maybe NOS4A2 And I am also listening in the car during commute time to IT. Its 35 CDs at 70 minutes each. It will take some time to get through it - so far I am up to CD #9. Also need to read all of IMC 2013!

Way too many on the to be read list and not enough time! :-(
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Harlan Ellison - Harlan Ellison's Dream Coridor

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Spoiler:
    The Dark Tower.org on this laptop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 516 of 714 FirstFirst ... 16 416 466 506 514 515 516 517 518 526 566 616 ... LastLast