Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 582 of 714 FirstFirst ... 82 482 532 572 580 581 582 583 584 592 632 682 ... LastLast
Results 14,526 to 14,550 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

THE AX by Donald E. Westlake and HOW TO MAKE MILLIONS WITH YOUR IDEAS by Dan S. Kennedy. Both are solid selections I'm enjoying very much.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    The Twelve Hope it is as good as the Passage!!!
    I was disappointed but maybe I'm in the minority.
    I enjoyed The Passage much more than The Twelve. I didn't think the flashbacks this time around were necessary. Plus, the big climax at the end was something I thought would've been saved for the last book.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished 'The Totem', by David Morell, and thought it was very, very good. Action packed, which contrasted with the Charles Grant I've been reading lately. Personally, I prefer the slow build of Grant, but still enjoyed the fast pace.
    Went away for a few days, so took King's 'It' with me. 200 pages in, and I'm completely absorbed. I remember parts of it, but not much. Really loving the little details, about the characters and Derry.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I finally decided to give The Stand another try. I'm about halfway through and enjoying it more than my last attempt.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I so hope you'll eventually love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    I finally decided to give The Stand another try. I'm about halfway through and enjoying it more than my last attempt.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I so hope you'll eventually love it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hope so too!

To be honest, I'm still a bit worried that seeing parts of the movie years back and reading The Dark Tower before The Stand may have ruined any chances of me falling head over heels for it. But, we shall see!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I had that problem when I started to read The Stand years ago. All I could remember were the actors cast in the movie, it was driving me crazy. I really should go back and try to read it sometime soon.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished October Country this morning and decided Black House is up next; I've been putting it off too long and am excited to be reunited with Jack Sawyer
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hope so too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I really should go back and try to read it sometime soon.
    I can't believe that in all those years - or we'll soon have to say "decades"! - I failed to infect my two beloved ladies with love of my favorite book

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I know, I started to read it years ago, geez probably like 10 years ago... I don't know why I put it down because I was enjoying it. And I think every year I say I need to go back and read it. Hopefully this will be the year I do. Maybe I'll try again after I finish the book I'm on.

Almost done listening to Game of Thrones, and then I'm going to have to wait a few weeks before the second book becomes available to me from the library. Hopefully it won't be too long of a wait. Also started reading Sand by Hugh Howey. Enjoying it so far.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished The Hurricane by Hugh Howey: nice, and different from his other stuff. Now about halfway through Fires of Eden by Dan Simmons. Another winner IMHO!
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Gunslinger Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins is a jewel in the rough Stebbins's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mike Caro's CARO'S FUNDAMENTAL SECRETS OF WINNING POKER.

Gunslinger Apprentice kaufen is on a distinguished road

I have about a dozen books that I am reading. Currently though, I am actively reading The Rule of Four. I go through phases where I want to read all on one subject, get bored and work on another. Hence the dozen or so books. They range from the way the mind works, to the civil war, to scientists, to cryptography, to Uncle Remus, to classical literature.

I just finished about another dozen books from my American Lit since 1865 class. Unfortunately, I had to read them so quickly, about one every weekend, that I didn’t get to enjoy them as much as if I read them on my own time.

Country
    Country Flag

THE RED RIGHT HAND by Joel Townsley Rogers.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

NOS4A2. Almost done and have been loving it.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Excellent!

Currently reading, ALL THE LIGHT WE CANNOT SEE, by Anthony Doerr
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Excellent!

I'm reading All the Light We Cannot See as well! The request came through at my library and had to drop what I was reading to take this one up. Liking it a lot so far...

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just started Horns by Hill last night. I am loving it so far.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Excellent!

I'm reading All the Light We Cannot See as well! The request came through at my library and had to drop what I was reading to take this one up. Liking it a lot so far...
    Cool. I'm enjoying it as well. Somehow in my mind I had mixed this title up with books like THE FAULT IN OUR STARS and ME, EARL, AND THE DYING GIRL. Those may be perfectly fine books, but I have no desire to read them. Finally I was set straight and began ALL THE LIGHT immediately.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Gene Wolfe - Peace

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am so pumped for City of Mirrors... when do you good folks think it will hit shelves?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Just started Horns by Hill last night. I am loving it so far.
    Oh man- Horns is awesome!

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am so pumped for City of Mirrors... when do you good folks think it will hit shelves?
    It's set for release at the end of May 2016 in US. A few weeks later in the UK. Not sure how it works in Canada.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    It's set for release at the end of May 2016 in US. A few weeks later in the UK. Not sure how it works in Canada.
    We are same as you for books and film
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice FennyBate is on a distinguished road FennyBate's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Approaching the halfway point of 'It', and absolutely loving it. I'm particularly enjoying the 'Derry Interludes', and it was cool to see Dick Hallorann, of 'The Shining' get a mention.

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished my re-read of Hyperion. Man, it is as good as I remember. Going to start The Fall of Hyperion tomorrow morning while my wife is having surgery.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 582 of 714 FirstFirst ... 82 482 532 572 580 581 582 583 584 592 632 682 ... LastLast