Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 701 of 714 FirstFirst ... 201 601 651 691 699 700 701 702 703 711 ... LastLast
Results 17,501 to 17,525 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I am currently reading, for the first time ever,

The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
    Love it!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Finished I Am Legend and it deserves the classic status is has. It's also not as dated as I thought it might be due to its age. About to start of Ants and Dinosaurs by Cixin Liu.
    Agree on I Am Legend. Have you read Liu yet? I plan on Tackling Three Body pretty soon.

seeking: anything DT related #246

Oh, great! Tell us what you think when you're done.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice Pere Jere will become famous soon enough Pere Jere's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished my first read of ‘salem’s Lot! Really enjoyed it and it appropriately creeped me the hell out. One of my favorite vampire stories now along with Let the Right One In.

Also,
    Other SK Book Spoiler
    Currently looking for:
    ‘salem’s Lot (Illustrated), F/F

Future wishlist:
    Gunslinger, Grant 2nd, F/F
    DT II-IV, Grant 1st, F/F

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pere Jere View Post
    Just finished my first read of ‘salem’s Lot! Really enjoyed it and it appropriately creeped me the hell out. One of my favorite vampire stories now along with Let the Right One In.

Also,
    Other SK Book Spoiler
    One of the scariest books I've ever read.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well started the Three Bottom Problem. I am getting used to it now. First 25 pages I as unsure... Peter helped me with this recommendation and so far... I am starting to like it more and more. Anyone else a fan here?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Well started the Three Bottom Problem. I am getting used to it now. First 25 pages I as unsure... Peter helped me with this recommendation and so far... I am starting to like it more and more. Anyone else a fan here?
    The Three Body Problem is good. I still have to read the remaining two in the series.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

same with me as Joe stated. I read the three body problem and stopped after that book even though i really enjoyed the premise and the book itself. Part of me thinks that i just read too damn much and my tastes and wants of the "read next" pile are fickle and change on a whim. i feel like i enjoyed the sci fi parts of the three body problem more that the communist party/ historical backstory that was interspersed through the novel, but i eventually got used to that too and kind of thought it was interesting. i put the trilogy down simply because i never got the next book from the library which is how i read a lot of stuff that i dont own. I have a set of the Sub press s/n le's, so i guess i better finish reading the trilogy.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

same with me as Joe stated. I read the three body problem and stopped after that book even though i really enjoyed the premise and the book itself. Part of me thinks that i just read too damn much and my tastes and wants of the "read next" pile are fickle and change on a whim. i feel like i enjoyed the sci fi parts of the three body problem more that the communist party/ historical backstory that was interspersed through the novel, but i eventually got used to that too and kind of thought it was interesting. i put the trilogy down simply because i never got the next book from the library which is how i read a lot of stuff that i dont own. I have a set of the Sub press s/n le's, so i guess i better finish reading the trilogy.
    Similar here. I will get to book 2 and 3 eventually but my TBR is deep and ever growing.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I encourage you all to continue the series. The first is good, but it's really setting things up for the later volumes. Personally, I thought the second book was the strongest.

Glad to hear you're reading it, Kris. Stay with it; it's worth it.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I encourage you all to continue the series. The first is good, but it's really setting things up for the later volumes. Personally, I thought the second book was the strongest.

Glad to hear you're reading it, Kris. Stay with it; it's worth it.

HBJ
    I am my friend. I feel you got a nack from what I can handle in books. I will come to you for more recommends my man
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Finished up a couple of books recently. A Season With the Witch about Salem in Oct. Enjoyed this one and I'm curious to check out some of his other books now. I saw he has one centered around Poe, so I might seek that one out. Also just finished Mexican Gothic. I enjoyed it although I do wish it was creepier. And currently listening to the audiobook of White Tears by Hair Kunzru.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So I've been on a Halloween reading frenzy. I had a stack of books set aside that I planned to read, but then of course switched gears and started reading books that took place on or around Halloween instead.

Harvest Moon by James A Moore - 5/5 Loved this one, great Halloween read, highly recommend

A Season With the Witch by JW Ocker - 4/5 Made me long to return to Salem for a visit, hopefully next year I can make it out there.

Apartment 5 is Alive by Russell Atwood - 5/5 This one is by a local author who also happens to run the best little bookshop in our town, It's about an apartment that has a fondness for Halloween. Perfect little Halloween read.

Torments by Lisa W Cantrell - 5/5 Sequel to The Manse which I read last year, great follow-up. Not quite as good as the first one, but still a great Halloween read.

Now to decide what to read next...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're killing it, Heather!

I'm over halfway through Rosemary's Baby. It's been a very quick read so far and Ira Levin's writing style is extremely accessible and readable. It's not as overtly scary or horror-ish like I was expecting, though (I guess the second half will lean more into the horror aspects). I'm enjoying it a lot, but it's not quite as good as The Stepford Wives (one of my favorite books).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great to hear, I'll probably start it soon, maybe right after Halloween.

I just picked up Dark Harvest by Norman Partridge and started that one last night. Only 20 pages in but so far so good.

Just finished Perdido Street Station.

Now reading The Time Machine.

HBJ

Ilium (Simmons)

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone read The Nickel Boys? I thought it was an amazing book. Very timely too. It's a quick read too.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

My move to Texas has slowed my reading down but I’m currently reading Replay by Ken Grimwood and enjoying it.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Finshed The Time Machine; now reading Troubled Blood by Robert Galbraith, the fifth Cormoran Strike novel.

Ilium (Simmons)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Discovered Stephen Donaldson, and his Thomas Covenant Chronicles, way back in the late '70s - and I was floored! Loved the trilogy in spite of the fact it was not an easy read and Thomas Covenant himself was, well, less than likeable, but the Land, its people and creatures - awesome.
    I was thrilled Donaldson published a second trilogy - devoured the books. And then, not even that long ago, the Last Chronicles - four books!

Hope you'll enjoy visiting the Land as much as I did.

sk

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thomas Covenant Chronicles has been on my TBR pile for too long.

I just finished Falling Angel by William Hjortsberg. It absolutely floored me. One of the best books I’ve read in years and I agree with King’s observation - Chandler meets The Exorcist.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

I just picked up Dark Harvest by Norman Partridge and started that one last night. Only 20 pages in but so far so good.
    I meant to reread Dark Harvest this Halloween. I really enjoyed it the first time I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

I meant to reread Dark Harvest this Halloween. I really enjoyed it the first time I read it.
    I loved it! I'll definitely read it again some Halloween.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

I loved it! I'll definitely read it again some Halloween.
    Awesome! I'm glad to hear you liked it.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Started Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. Somehow missed it back in the day and since I have Ready Player Two arriving soon I figured I should read it now. I didn't care much for the movie version but was assured the book was much better.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

I’m reading RP2 now - also listening in audio. Liking it so far.

I managed to pick up a signed copy from B&N over Thanksgiving, too, which I’m pretty stoked about.

Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 701 of 714 FirstFirst ... 201 601 651 691 699 700 701 702 703 711 ... LastLast