Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 358 of 714 FirstFirst ... 258 308 348 356 357 358 359 360 368 408 458 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,950 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pixiedark76 View Post
    I just finished reading Black House. I loved it! I can't wait until Peter Straub and Stephen King write a third book in the series of The Talisman. (At least I hope they will do a third book.)

I going to read Skeleton Crew next, I am not going to start on tonight though, my eyes are tired my finishing Black House. Maybe I will give my eyes a couple of days to rest before starting on another book.
    I started Skeleton Crew today. I am reading "The Mist" right now. That is one long mother of a "short story"

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Look Homeward, Angel

I picked it up at a used book store after the title caught my attention. Then I quickly learned/remembered that the quote "a stone, a leaf, an unfound door" came from this book. DUR!
    Anyway, I'm glad I started it up because I am already absolutely in love with it. The story, the language, the flow of it. Definitely glad I picked it up for $4.50.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Trust me, it's a great book. I saw Matthew Inman at a book-signing in Greenpoint and it was the highlight of my year. 5 Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin-get it!

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading the SubPress releases of John Scalzi's Old Man's War series.
    Read Old Man's War & Questions for a Soldier chapbook.
    On The Ghost Brigades now.
    Karl

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

In preparation for A Dance with Dragons in a few months, I have been slowly re-reading the series. I tackled A Game of Thrones a few months ago, and I am more than ready to go back to Westeros. With any luck I can time it correctly and finish A Feast for Crows right before ADwD and dive right in!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My name is Erin and I approve of your reading choice.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I whole heartedly concur.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    My name is Erin and I approve of your reading choice.
    I have to approve as well...
    Lately, I've been on a Vonnegut mini-run. I collected a bunch of the paperbacks when they came in at work (a bookstore that buys from the public), and so far I've read (and in some cases, reread) Slaughterhouse-Five, Cat's Cradle, Mother Night, and The Sirens of Titan. Yesterday, I finished Michael Chabon's Manhood for Amateurs. Loved it.
    Btw, Erin--Richmond? I'm in Lexington. Small world.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, glad to see everybody approves! I'm a bit nervous for this re-read, though...the book is a tad worse for wear, and I really don't want to have to go out and buy a new copy....I hate the new covers...I will have to be extra careful to keep my cover from tearing in half.
    That's the sign of a well-loved book, right?

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate the new covers, too...much prefer the illustrated ones. Well-loved books? You should see my paperback copy of The Stand revised and expanded. Most of the gold is gone.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I've not had much as time for reading as I would like lately.I'm still working on The Wise Man's Fear, which is so good that it should probably be a crime.
    If you haven't read any of Kingkiller Chronicles yet, I'm not sure why you are bothering to be alive. You are just wasting time. Seriously, get on it.

I'm also about halfway through Fool's Errand by Robin Hobb, which I took a break from for The Wise Man's Fear.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished my first read through of The Green Mile and John was right, what a book, loved all of it
    Might start Blackhouse later!

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I've not had much as time for reading as I would like lately.I'm still working on The Wise Man's Fear, which is so good that it should probably be a crime.
    If you haven't read any of Kingkiller Chronicles yet, I'm not sure why you are bothering to be alive. You are just wasting time. Seriously, get on it.
    Ohmahgawd. QFT.

Finished The Wise Man's Fear just the other day. I can't believe it's only Patrick Rothfuss's second fantasy novel. The man has a gift, no doubt about it. I know it will be years until the third book is released, and, while I'm dying of anticipation already, another part of me doesn't mind the wait at all. The man takes his time writing books, and the extra effort really pays off. I have a feeling that this series will quickly become my favorite fantasy series, bar none.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Traveler Norman1974 is on a distinguished road Norman1974's Avatar

I'm on DT-V:The Wolves of the Calla, second read through, I'm figuring out alot more on the second go around...even greater experience. It is actually alot cooler now that I've ready what is currently available in the graphic novel series which provides the history of Roland and his original ke-tet. It puts alot of perspective on IV and V. Loving it more. My wife thinks I'm a dork for reading it again but hey, she don't lie and I'm not gonna deprive myself the pleasure of a great book. Was also reading "Dead and Alive" by Dean Koontz, but forgot it on a plane during a business trip a couple of weeks ago. It is book three of the frankenstein series he's writing. Oh yeah, third choice is my fricken project management body of knowledge guide and supplemental materials....hahahaha.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SigTauGimp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Ohmahgawd. QFT.

Finished The Wise Man's Fear just the other day. I can't believe it's only Patrick Rothfuss's second fantasy novel. The man has a gift, no doubt about it. I know it will be years until the third book is released, and, while I'm dying of anticipation already, another part of me doesn't mind the wait at all. The man takes his time writing books, and the extra effort really pays off. I have a feeling that this series will quickly become my favorite fantasy series, bar none.
    It is certainly climbing my list of favorites with quickness. He does an amazing job of creating characters you care about, which is the first thing I look for in an author.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, so now I'm reading Armageddon in Retrospect, another Kurt Vonnegut. It's a collection of essays and previously unpublished writings on the topic of war and warriors, one of his major themes. Kind of a mixed bag. It's a quick one, though, I'm about halfway through after only a few sittings.
    I find I like to mix in nonfiction books between the novels I read, just for spice. I try to finish one thing at a time, too, instead of being partway through several books at any given time. Anyone else want to chime in on their reading preferences/habits? I'm curious as to how people like to read, too, not just what they read.

Los̶ ver 4 Life -- @shakyandspiky on Instagram -- PMs welcome

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like it doubled up on me. Oops.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    Okay, so now I'm reading Armageddon in Retrospect, another Kurt Vonnegut. It's a collection of essays and previously unpublished writings on the topic of war and warriors, one of his major themes. Kind of a mixed bag. It's a quick one, though, I'm about halfway through after only a few sittings.
    I find I like to mix in nonfiction books between the novels I read, just for spice. I try to finish one thing at a time, too, instead of being partway through several books at any given time. Anyone else want to chime in on their reading preferences/habits? I'm curious as to how people like to read, too, not just what they read.
    I really have no preference for genres when it comes to 'scheduling' them, but I have noticed that I do like to have about 2-3 books active at any given them.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

As far as my reading preferences go, I read almost exclusively in the sci-fi/fantasy genre so mixing genres isn't exactly a worry....on the whole, I just try to switch around authors as to not get overwhelmed or burnt out on any one story. The few exceptions to that rule is the Dark Tower and the Lord of the Rings books. My rule is never to read any one series or author more than 3 times in a row, and that's usually been pretty good.
    Also, I rarely have more than one book going at a time. It's not that I can't keep track of the books, but inevitably I get so engrossed in one that I ignore the others and end up reading one book anyways.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I usually only read one book at a time. Sometimes, however, I'll "drop" one book to pick up another. After I've read that one, then I'll go back to the first. This happens infrequently, however.

John

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by harrison ryan View Post
    Same here, though not on purpose. Usually, after reading something that requires a good deal of thinking and processing (non-fiction, treatises, essays, etc.) I just sort of naturally pick up a much lighter read (often historical or science fiction, sometimes thriller/crime/mystery fiction).
    Right now I am reading Huntington's "The Clash of Civilizations" and realize that I chose a wrong moment in life to read it (for a number of reasons I have a hard time thinking clearly, which is a must for this book). So it looks like I will put it aside and go for a re-read of some science fiction favorites - in all probability, this will be space sci-fi, in honor of the upcoming anniversary of the event that's in my sig
    If you are going through hell - keep going

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooh, space sci-fi does sound fun. Who do you like? I've always been partial to Ray Bradbury, going back to preteen years. I haven't gotten to Asimov, Ben Bova, or any of the other biggies yet. I like me some Philip K. Dick, but I'm not sure how you would classify his work. I recently read Heinlein's Have Spacesuit, Will Travel on the advice of my father. It was one of his fondly remembered faves from his own adolescence. It qualified as a light read.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have less than 60 pages of Black House left, but have been putting it off because I don't want it to end.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Ugh, I hate getting near the end of a book I love. It's so scary to face the fact that you're gonna have to leave that magical world soon.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone here read the Mistborn trilogy?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 358 of 714 FirstFirst ... 258 308 348 356 357 358 359 360 368 408 458 ... LastLast