Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 561 of 714 FirstFirst ... 61 461 511 551 559 560 561 562 563 571 611 661 ... LastLast
Results 14,001 to 14,025 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Servant of Gan sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69 is a name known to all sharki69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished Old Man's war by John Sclazi - AWESOME !!! A MUST !!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone read The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson?

I know that it's set hundreds of years after the Mistborn series... my question is, do I need to be informed of the events of the series to enjoy Alloy?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

A Spell For Chameleon by Piers Anthony.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Ilium (Dan Simmons) and The Martian (Andy Weir). I am supposed to read Simmons' Olympos now but I don't have that one yet so I started a Mo Hayder thriller (after finishing Ilium I needed something that requires less brain cells anyway )

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Just finished Ilium (Dan Simmons) and The Martian (Andy Weir). I am supposed to read Simmons' Olympos now but I don't have that one yet so I started a Mo Hayder thriller (after finishing Ilium I needed something that requires less brain cells anyway )
    Yeah, Dan Simmons can wear you out. What did you think of Ilium? I loved it, and its sequel, Olympos. At some point you should get a copy of Muse of Fire - wonderful space novella by Simmons. How was The Martian Way?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    This is on my (relatively) short list of books to read. Maybe I should bump up its priority.

Currently reading, THE MARTIAN, by Andy Weir, and loving it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sharki69 View Post
    This is on my (relatively) short list of books to read. Maybe I should bump up its priority.

Currently reading, THE MARTIAN, by Andy Weir, and loving it.
    I'm just finishing up a 1000+ page book and then I'm going to decide between Armada, The Martian, and because of Shac's recommendation, Old Man's War. Right now I'm leaning toward Armada.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Armada was pretty good. I liked Ready Player One better, but both were enjoyable.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
    ~Neil Gaiman

I really do want to check out some Dan Simmons that everyone has suggested, but I'm assuming they're gonna be some pretty heavy reads, based off the descriptions/reviews. I figured I'd hold off until I'm ready to commit to something that's not a light read.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Bird Box by Josh Malerman. Incredible and chilling read. Started The Night Film by Marisha Pessl.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Bird Box sounds interesting. I finished World Without End by Ken Follett today. A long read at 1025 pages but was really good. I have just started The Martian by Andy Weir.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    ~Neil Gaiman

I really do want to check out some Dan Simmons that everyone has suggested, but I'm assuming they're gonna be some pretty heavy reads, based off the descriptions/reviews. I figured I'd hold off until I'm ready to commit to something that's not a light read.
    Hint, hint Summer of Night Not a heavy read at all, and it's a good one to read in the summertime.

How's The Ocean at the End of the Lane. I started that one forever ago, but didn't get too far into it before I put it down. Should I go back?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Bird Box sounds interesting. I finished World Without End by Ken Follett today. A long read at 1025 pages but was really good. I have just started The Martian by Andy Weir.
    I've been really lucky with some of my most recent reads: A Head Full of Ghosts, Bird Box, and now Night Film. I chose them strictly because of word-of-mouth and went into each of them cold. All very satisfying reads.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Southern Reach Trilogy.. man oh man I am fighting finishing this. First book was AMAZING... the second a total fail and the 3rd not far behind. I would not recommend this to anyone Looking forward to my first Dan Simmons book (Summer of Night) which I just bought... up next!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Southern Reach Trilogy.. man oh man I am fighting finishing this. First book was AMAZING... the second a total fail and the 3rd not far behind. I would not recommend this to anyone Looking forward to my first Dan Simmons book (Summer of Night) which I just bought... up next!

I just started the third book. I agree about the second one though. Ughh, what a horrible, horrible book. The third one I'm enjoying much more. I'm only maybe about a hundred pages into it though.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I've been really lucky with some of my most recent reads: A Head Full of Ghosts
    I just ordered this last night. I wanted it awhile ago, but it wasn't on sale at B&N. It was $10 cheaper on BN.com, plus I had a coupon.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

I just started the third book. I agree about the second one though. Ughh, what a horrible, horrible book. The third one I'm enjoying much more. I'm only maybe about a hundred pages into it though.
    It IS BETTER than the 3rd. For sure... I am 40 pages or so from the end. I find it a hard read compared to the first but more entertaining. The first was awesome though... I would tell folks to just read that one.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From PS Publishing:

sk

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Yeah, Dan Simmons can wear you out. What did you think of Ilium? I loved it, and its sequel, Olympos. At some point you should get a copy of Muse of Fire - wonderful space novella by Simmons. How was The Martian Way?
    I liked Ilium a lot but it took me a while to really get into the book, or rather, to get into all three storylines (at first I liked the Moravecs the best). I do look forward to reading Olympos but I need to find me a copy first. The Martian was an entertaining read but I guess it helps if you're a bit of a science geek (which I am).

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I've been really lucky with some of my most recent reads: A Head Full of Ghosts, Bird Box, and now Night Film. I chose them strictly because of word-of-mouth and went into each of them cold. All very satisfying reads.
    Night Film is pretty good! I read that last year after Rahfa recommended it somewhere on here. I also got a copy of her first book but did not read it yet. I'm going to try and remember A Head Full of Ghosts and Bird Box.

I'm following the masses right now and reading Ready Player One. Liking it so far.

My recommendation for today is The Ritual (Adam Nevill). Did any of you guys read it? One of the most intense horror novels I read in a long time!

~Neil Gaiman

Hint, hint Summer of Night Not a heavy read at all, and it's a good one to read in the summertime.

How's The Ocean at the End of the Lane. I started that one forever ago, but didn't get too far into it before I put it down. Should I go back?
    Meh, to be honest, I just though it was alright. I ended up finishing it in less than 24 hours so I could start something else. I guess I just wanted more from the story than it delivered.

And here I said I didn't want a heavy read, but then turned around and started The Tommyknockers. Nothing says light read like a two-inch think book.

(What can I say? I was craving some Stephen King)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why don't you go back to The Long Walk? You loved that one!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Never!

~Neil Gaiman

Meh, to be honest, I just though it was alright. I ended up finishing it in less than 24 hours so I could start something else. I guess I just wanted more from the story than it delivered.

And here I said I didn't want a heavy read, but then turned around and started The Tommyknockers. Nothing says light read like a two-inch think book.

Yeah I was having a really hard time getting into it. Is this your first time reading The Tommyknockers? I've been wanting to re-read that one for quite awhile now.

~Neil Gaiman

Yeah I was having a really hard time getting into it. Is this your first time reading The Tommyknockers? I've been wanting to re-read that one for quite awhile now.
    Yeah, it is my first read. I'm really enjoying it so far.

I did some reading right before bed,
    Spoiler:
    and I was past the part where Peter's eyes started to glow. I woke up in the middle of the night and realized that I had tossed my pillow across the room because, in my mind, my pillow was the item that was causing the problems (like the saucer or whatever it is buried in the ground).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 561 of 714 FirstFirst ... 61 461 511 551 559 560 561 562 563 571 611 661 ... LastLast