Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 677 of 714 FirstFirst ... 177 577 627 667 675 676 677 678 679 687 ... LastLast
Results 16,901 to 16,925 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I finally started End of Watch yesterday after having it on my shelf for years.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I decided to finally re-read East of Eden, which is one of my favourites yet I've never re-read it because it's not exactly a short read at 600 packed pages.
    I love Steinbeck. If I start rereading Steinbeck, I'll end up rereading everything he's written.

I've still got some Steinbeck to read, but he is fantastic. I haven't read The Grapes of Wrath yet. But I've read Of Mice and Men, Cannery Row and The Moon is Down. My friend has a collection of all his short novels so I'll finally read The Red Pony and The Pearl and the few others in there. I don't have a massive scope of reference (because it's a big time period), but in my eyes he's the best writer of the 20th Century.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't read The Grapes of Wrath yet.
    Consider yourself lucky.

I heard that judges are giving criminals the choice to read it as an alternative to prison time.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Baoshu - The Redemption of Time. It's a story set in the Remembrance of Earth's Past world. It's a flash-sideways sort of and it reads more like a Cixin Liu novel than his last two books. The characters are actually from the original trilogy. Liu himself authorized the book. It's excellent and I don't want it to end.

I also just picked up a free mini short story collection by Norman Prentiss, courtesy of Cemetery Dance.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Consider yourself lucky.

I heard that judges are giving criminals the choice to read it as an alternative to prison time.

I'm sure I'll love it. Steinbeck is a joy to read.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Just finished THE AGE OF ANXIETY by the WHO rocker Pete Townshend. I can not recommend it. Clumsy prose, but at least I have his (just about illegible) autograph.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Just finished THE AGE OF ANXIETY by the WHO rocker Pete Townshend. I can not recommend it. Clumsy prose, but at least I have his (just about illegible) autograph.
    I bought that too. I was planning on reading it next.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Bought it also with no plans of reading it really, now I know better
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I know Better too, nice fellow.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You better you better you bet.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You guys give me great books to read. I am just about done No Country for Old Men. What a fantastic novel. Really feeling a nice twisty book. With some surprises... or big twists. Any recommendations?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    You guys give me great books to read. I am just about done No Country for Old Men. What a fantastic novel. Really feeling a nice twisty book. With some surprises... or big twists. Any recommendations?
    House of Leaves by Mark Z Danielewski.

It's the book with literal twists and turns.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is the book you have to turn sideways at Times to read... haha good one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading that. I am almost done. I'm reading the appendixes. Freaking crazy book.

Country
    Country Flag

Sideways, upside down, keeping up with the text, and the footnotes, and Zampanò's notes, and Johnny's notes, and the editors notes, and then the text morphing into several different "frames" of content, and going any which way on the page.

Country
    Country Flag

Sideways, upside down, keeping up with the text, and the footnotes, and Zampanò's notes, and Johnny's notes, and the editors notes, and then the text morphing into several different "frames" of content, and going any which way on the page.
    You like it?

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Kris, I believe I recommended this before.
    “The Religion” by Tim Willocks.
    Set during the siege of Malta.
    If you prefer something modern:
    “Memo From Turner” by Tim Willocks.
    No twists and turns, just bloody marvellous books.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

You like it?

I'd recommend getting the complete version with the Whalestoe letters in it. But it a great read and the novelty of it never quite wears off. Though it does take a bit of time for it to really start getting going...especially the Zampano stuff which is all written like a giant essay and can be a little dry at times, but it just adds to the realism of it all. I also recommend taking 3-5 bookmarks in there with you so you don't lose your way!

It's a challenging read and even if you come away not liking the book, you won't say it wasn't a unique experience. I want to re-read it myself, but I lent my copy to my friend to read.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo. Very enjoyable and I will continue the series as it is released. It was like Harry Potter goes to college except very adult: drugs, sex, and violence. Unpredictable, which I love in a book or movie.
    Started Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay this morning. Hoping it is as good as Cabin at the End Of The World, I've heard it is better.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

You like it?

I'd recommend getting the complete version with the Whalestoe letters in it. But it a great read and the novelty of it never quite wears off. Though it does take a bit of time for it to really start getting going...especially the Zampano stuff which is all written like a giant essay and can be a little dry at times, but it just adds to the realism of it all. I also recommend taking 3-5 bookmarks in there with you so you don't lose your way!

It's a challenging read and even if you come away not liking the book, you won't say it wasn't a unique experience. I want to re-read it myself, but I lent my copy to my friend to read.
    I agree with your review. It isn't an easy read, but I have enjoyed it.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

On a nostalgia kick, I'm reading Murder by the Book by Rex Stout. I met Stout's daughter at Bouchercon in late October and attended a "Wolfe Pack" meeting.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Consider yourself lucky.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Started Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay this morning. Hoping it is as good as Cabin at the End Of The World, I've heard it is better.
    I loved both of these books. Since you enjoyed Cabin I'm sure you'll love this one.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Currently reading Black Winter by Darcy Coates to go along with my winter horror reads. Really enjoying it so far.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

I thought Head Full of Ghosts was okay. I expected more though based on the hype.

I bought what I thought was a first edition. It was a second. I read the story. No need to look for a first edition based on the story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 677 of 714 FirstFirst ... 177 577 627 667 675 676 677 678 679 687 ... LastLast