Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 220 of 714 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 270 320 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Ah, I see. I have seen the UK firsts, but not those. And I do have a copy of philospher's stone Lisa sent to me. That is my only UK HP.
    the covers are all amazing.
    post 'em?
    i'll pm them to you so that i don't have to clutter a thread.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

rereading The Shining
    Sloth Love Chunk

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Black House. Totally forgot how awesome it was...hadn't read it since 7'th grade. I really hope that story continues in the future.

Wanting to read The Pirate King, from R.A. Salvatore next...I just have to get my grubby little paws on a copy first.

In the meantime, I'll placate myself with Robot Dreams, a short story collection by Issac Asimov.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Gunslinger Apprentice bluelph24 is on a distinguished road bluelph24's Avatar

Watchmen and Philosophy: A Rorschach Test - edited by Mark D. White

So it goes.

"There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all. "
    - Oscar Wilde

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

How is that? I was going to pick that up when I saw it at my comic shop last week, but I ended up not taking it. Is it any good?

Gunslinger Apprentice bluelph24 is on a distinguished road bluelph24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    How is that? I was going to pick that up when I saw it at my comic shop last week, but I ended up not taking it. Is it any good?

um, i've only read the first essay so far, so i can't give a really good review yet. from what i've read it seems like it's pretty cool. i'm looking forward to the essay about finding nietzsche's ubermensch in the gn. i'll give you a better review as i get deeper in

So it goes.

"There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all. "
    - Oscar Wilde

Citizen of Gilead Darkmaniscoming is on a distinguished road Darkmaniscoming's Avatar

Just finished "The Killing Circle" by Andrew Pyper and wow I was impressed.
    I think King fans would enjoy this one...kinda like Dark Half meets Secret Window.
    Thought I had it figured out many times...but to my surprise, the ending threw me for a loop. I'm gonna try to dig up some more of this guys stuff, think he has 3 more.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

right this second that is!

Also still working on IT, only 200 deep but I just went on break so I think I'll finish it up now!
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I just finished Drood. An extremely engrossing read. Nothing supernatural in there--or is there?? I REALLY enjoyed it.

I think I'll be reading the Dark Tower: Treachery arc, then the Stand: Captain Trips arc next. (I wait until I have all the issues before I read them.)

John
    Drood has me fully sucked in John, I only wish I had more time to read.

I may have to close myself up this weekend and get something done.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm intrigued! What's this Drood that everyone keeps talking about?!

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It's the new book by Dan Simmons--I'm going to read more of his stuff because I love the way he writes.

Its written by a close friend of Charles Dickens and chronicles the writers attempts to track down someone. It's mid 19th century time frame while written to be published 100 years after the writers death.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    It's the new book by Dan Simmons--I'm going to read more of his stuff because I love the way he writes.
    Pick up Summer of Night. It's my favorite of his so far. Kind of has an It like feel to it. And I would also highly recommend The Terror.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm about 1/4 of the way through The Tomb by F. Paul Wilson (the first of the Repairman Jack novels) and I must say it's awesome so far. Kind of a Raymond Chandler meets Stephen King feel to it.

Thanks for recommending it, Matthew!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am finishing The Folks by Ray Garton and plan on picking up The Folks 2 as soon as I am done.

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by theyspunaweb View Post

Also still working on IT, only 200 deep but I just went on break so I think I'll finish it up now!
    Have you ever watched the movie "Helvetica?" It's a great documentary about design-and that font specifically. Someone rolled his eyes at the concept when I mentioned it at a dinner-gathering a few weeks ago, but my friend-she's a draftsman-got it. I don't know how compelling that writer is, but it is a fascinating subject in general. At least, that's been my impression.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I have that in my Netflix queue (I used to work as a desktop publisher, that kind if thing gets my geek on).

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Y'know, that seems like SPAM my friend.

Pleas post again and explain or we'll have to ban you. It's very bad form to join a message board just to post links. We work hard here.

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post

Have you ever watched the movie "Helvetica?" It's a great documentary about design-and that font specifically. Someone rolled his eyes at the concept when I mentioned it at a dinner-gathering a few weeks ago, but my friend-she's a draftsman-got it. I don't know how compelling that writer is, but it is a fascinating subject in general. At least, that's been my impression.
    Yes I have, I actually own a burnt illegal copy of it somewhere, and I should watch it again. We watched it in class twice a year or so ago, it was great!
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just finished Robin Cook's Critical and am currently about 3/4 of the way through his latest, Foreign Body. It takes books like these to remind me of just how bad some supposedly popular writers really are. Terrible writing. I'm glad I got them from the library. He tells an okay story, but the writing is atrocious.

John

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel that way about David Eddings. Bad, bad writing.

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes I have, I actually own a burnt illegal copy of it somewhere, and I should watch it again. We watched it in class twice a year or so ago, it was great!
    My favorite part is when the Italian designer who created the old NYC subway maps explains how they went from being clear, linear works of art to the confusing morass we use today. I think that might have been in one of the bonus feature interviews.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    I'm about 1/4 of the way through The Tomb by F. Paul Wilson (the first of the Repairman Jack novels) and I must say it's awesome so far. Kind of a Raymond Chandler meets Stephen King feel to it.

Thanks for recommending it, Matthew!
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I am reading Flowers for Algernon. It is really good. I can't put it down.
    Has anyone read it?

Roland would have understood.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I do not suppose the back of my cereal box counts?

No, Letti, I have never read that. I will tho if you say it is that good!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 220 of 714 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 218 219 220 221 222 230 270 320 ... LastLast