Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 464 of 714 FirstFirst ... 364 414 454 462 463 464 465 466 474 514 564 ... LastLast
Results 11,576 to 11,600 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The movie ending is an actual ending not 'they driving into the mist' yeah, that ending sticks with you. Ending to the movie is so multifaceted. Even King himself wishes he'd have thought of that ending. And besides the.ending and a small side plot, they were practically the same so I don't get how the book is so much better. Must be more of a nostalgia thing if you first read the story 20 years ago.
    There may be some nostalgia involved. I first read The Mist when it first came out in Dark Forces and it really impressed me then. Every time I reread it, I get the same good feelings about it. To me, the ending of the movie was a real disappointment.

John

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson. It has everything I wanted from a fantasy novel. He throws you into the middle of the conflict and slowly reveals everything that came before. I found it to be an effective hook.
    I read the first 3 Malazan books before bogging down on the fourth. While entertaining, I thought they were over-ambitious in scope and drudgery to wade through. When people complain about how many characters are in ASOIAF I lol. Malazan has a shit ton of characters, and 99% of them have similar names.

Also, The Mist is and has been my favorite SK novella/short story since the first time I read it. I though the movie was good but as usual the book was better. The movie ending was interesting, but I didn't believe it.
    Last edited by John Blaze; 11-22-2012 at 10:06 AM. Reason: added because of The Mist talk.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    Gardens of the Moon by Steven Erikson. It has everything I wanted from a fantasy novel. He throws you into the middle of the conflict and slowly reveals everything that came before. I found it to be an effective hook.
    I read the first 3 Malazan books before bogging down on the fourth. While entertaining, I thought they were over-ambitious in scope and drudgery to wade through. When people complain about how many characters are in ASOIAF I lol. Malazan has a shit ton of characters, and 99% of them have similar names.

Also, The Mist is and has been my favorite SK novella/short story since the first time I read it. I though the movie was good but as usual the book was better. The movie ending was interesting, but I didn't believe it.
    I had a very similar experience with Malazan, except with the audio book. I quit very near to where you did, I think. Imagine trying to keep up with all of those similar names in audio. It was rough.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Right? I'd get people confused all the time. Like, "wait, I thought this was some kind of witch, and now she's an assassin?" Oh wait, different character. .....
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    Reading Promethea was like doing acid.
    Have you read Grant Morrison's the Invisibles? He was actually on acid when he wrote that (among other things). ...
    Moore wrote Promethea on magickal shrooms. ...
    Well, I am shocked.

Shocked, I tell you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    The movie ending is an actual ending not 'they driving into the mist' ...
    Exactly.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    When I watch the movie DVD, I stop the movie at the same point that the story stops--when they leave the market. It really helps!
    John
    I do the same thing
    reality continues to ruin my life

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Tim Lebbon's As The Sun Goes Down
    These stories are creepy as hell and Im enjoying every one of them.

Thank you so much WeDealInLead! Excellent choice, great packaging. Appreciate it!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    are you reading a paper book or an electronic version?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Couldnt find an electronic version so reading an actual Hardback with paper and typeset (from WeDealInLead).
    Strains my eyes a bit but worth it

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't find an electronic version either... nor, naturally, any other

: sad bear :

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Rising

Country
    Country Flag

reading: Crichton, Eaters of the Dead

there's no word to describe its AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't sleep tonight, can't stop reading

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

reading: Crichton, Eaters of the Dead

there's no word to describe its AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't sleep tonight, can't stop reading
    Yay, Jean's back on MC!

My Mood
    Breezy

Re-reading Needful Things, I already feel sorry for the kid. His is the saddest part.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Couldnt find an electronic version so reading an actual Hardback with paper and typeset (from WeDealInLead).
    Strains my eyes a bit but worth it
    Hey, glad you dig it. I received your package too. Now I have a copy for work and one for at home reading. (and a download on my e-reader when I'm on the go.)

Jean, Lebbon is nearly impossible to find in any e-book format unless you want to pay a more-than-average price. Books of the Dead re-released one of his earlier works as an e-book though and it'll be on sale for a buck until tomorrow night.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...3634394&sr=1-7

Country
    Country Flag

thank you WDiL!

pablo:

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    The Rising

I read the second part, it was alright.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Rising is the second Keene book I've read. Sometimes I just want an all out horror/slasher/monster/zombie/etc. book, and he seems to fill the bill.

My Mood
    Twisted

Thanks for the link WDIL.
    Jean - see PM

Country
    Country Flag

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

about 10% into NAS4A2. seems to be picking up a bit.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read the Grant Batman stuff, I'll have to check out The Invisibles & The Filth.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mattgreenbean View Post
    I've read the Grant Batman stuff, I'll have to check out The Invisibles & The Filth.

I'd consider The Invisibles his magnum opus. Start there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 464 of 714 FirstFirst ... 364 414 454 462 463 464 465 466 474 514 564 ... LastLast