Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 698 of 714 FirstFirst ... 198 598 648 688 696 697 698 699 700 708 ... LastLast
Results 17,426 to 17,450 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    If you have never read Weaveworld you are in for a treat!
    I have read it, but I've forgotten pretty much the whole damn thing, so I'm still in for a treat.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished Survivor Song and I feel it didn't quite match up to Head Full Of Ghosts or Cabin due to the postlude. If he would have ended the book before the postlude I would have liked it just as much as the other two I have read. Still a 4 star read though. Now doing my re-read of The Stand using the PS edition.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

75% done with Mister Slaughter by Robert McCammon. Wow. The Matthew Corbett series continues to amaze.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Slayground, by Richard Stark.

“Parker jumped out of the Ford with a gun in one hand and the packet of explosive in the other.”

That incredible first line begins what is perhaps the best first chapter of a novel I’ve ever read.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Just finished Parasite by Darcy Coates. It was a fun scifi/space book, and quite a change of pace from all of her haunted house type stories. Really enjoyed it.

Next up, The Reddening by Adam Neville.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    So, I go into the bathroom to brush my teeth, and in this bathroom there is a tub with a shower curtain. The curtain is mostly closed, but there's an opening of a few inches through which I can see - and as I move deeper into the bathroom, I see some thing on the bottom of the tub while thinking "that's supposed to be empty." Of course, it wasn't supposed to be empty - the things belong to my grandson, and they are usually there - but for a split second (and for the first time in my life), I was in "oh fuck, she's in the tub!" territory along with millions of other readers, and that was pretty cool indeed.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

About halfway through Brother by Ania Ahlborn.

Spoiler:
    I hope I'm wrong, but I can already see what the character Rebel is planning to do to his brother Michael. I feel like this book will have a heartbreaking ending.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    About halfway through Brother by Ania Ahlborn.

Spoiler:
    I hope I'm wrong, but I can already see what the character Rebel is planning to do to his brother Michael. I feel like this book will have a heartbreaking ending.
    Pretty predictable.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm currently reading King's The Bazaar of Bad Dreams and Malerman's Malorie. Enjoying both. =)
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Reading The Providence Rider by McCammon. Half way through and loving it as much as the first three in the series. This series is amazing. Next is Malorie!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the Sharp Objects recomends... loved it. Going to try Dark Places by her next. I love her writing style!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm also reading Malorie. Really enjoying it so far.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Thanks for the Sharp Objects recomends... loved it. Going to try Dark Places by her next. I love her writing style!
    Let me know what you think. I haven't read Dark Places yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I'm also reading Malorie. Really enjoying it so far.
    I was considering reading it next when I finish If It Bleeds, but might end up saving it for Halloween.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally finished the first book of The Stormlight Archives. Brandon Sanderson has completely won me over now. This was my first dive into "modern fantasy", and I'm so happy I didn't let the length of the series discourage me. After more than a 1,000 pages, I'm already jonesing to start the next one

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kongo View Post
    Finally finished the first book of The Stormlight Archives. Brandon Sanderson has completely won me over now. This was my first dive into "modern fantasy", and I'm so happy I didn't let the length of the series discourage me. After more than a 1,000 pages, I'm already jonesing to start the next one
    Really? I picked it up... was very close to starting but stopped. It’s intimidating for sure. Find it hard to follow like Game I’d Thones?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Really? I picked it up... was very close to starting but stopped. It’s intimidating for sure. Find it hard to follow like Game I’d Thones?
    Trust me man, you won't regret starting it. Despite it's size, it flows very nicely. Believe it or not, it's not hard to follow at all. It gradually eases you into this huge new world, and the large cast of characters. It doesn't feel like your head is ripped open, and a bunch of information is dumped into your brain at once. Now that I'm finished, it really does feel like something new and special.

Country
    Country Flag

Trust me man, you won't regret starting it. Despite it's size, it flows very nicely. Believe it or not, it's not hard to follow at all. It gradually eases you into this huge new world, and the large cast of characters. It doesn't feel like your head is ripped open, and a bunch of information is dumped into your brain at once. Now that I'm finished, it really does feel like something new and special.
    Each book is massive. Lol if you love the next one....I may just try it. I can’t imagine anything better than The Name of the Wind. That book got me... couldn’t put either down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Good thing about Sanderson is you don't have to wait many, many years for the next book in the series.

He's been pretty good with getting the next book in the series out within 2-3 years. And these books are absolutely massive too.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    Good thing about Sanderson is you don't have to wait many, many years for the next book in the series.

He's been pretty good with getting the next book in the series out within 2-3 years. And these books are absolutely massive too.
    You a fan of them?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished The Stand and it is still a phenomenal story. I'm starting Globster by DiVitto Kelly and here's to it being a fun creature story.

Finished Malorie. Fun, quick read. But can I just say...

Spoiler:
    Malorie is a rather annoying, unlikeable character. It's been forever since I read Bird Box, so I can't remember if I felt the same way about her in that one.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished Globster and it was a fun, quick read...like reading a B monster movie including cringy dialogue and bad humor. Starting 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami now.

Country
    Country Flag

William Gibson - Neuromancer

Started this.. and its a HARD read I think. Maybe its me... I don't know but it seems the author doesn't give me enough for my mind's eye to make up what I should be seeing.. know what I mean? And a lot of words.. just to use fancy words? I don't know... its enough that I am still reading it.. but slower going that I thought. Anyone else a big fan? I made it a mission to read every Suntup book.. so this is next so they say.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Kraken has a spectacular aura about Kraken has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

William Gibson - Neuromancer

Started this.. and its a HARD read I think. Maybe its me... I don't know but it seems the author doesn't give me enough for my mind's eye to make up what I should be seeing.. know what I mean? And a lot of words.. just to use fancy words? I don't know... its enough that I am still reading it.. but slower going that I thought. Anyone else a big fan? I made it a mission to read every Suntup book.. so this is next so they say.
    You are not alone. I had the exact same feeling about not enough for visualisation. I did get to the end though. Unfortunately it doesn’t get any better.
    And I must add that it felt a bit choppy. I had to keep going back to see if I missed something.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Gibson has a very distinctive writing style that takes a bit of getting used to, I think. He also doesn't hand-hold his readers - he uses invented terms that he expects readers to infer the meaning of by context.

I love Neuromancer, but unfortunately, it hasn't aged well. Many of the ideas in the book that were mind-blowing and cutting-edge at the time have become 21st Century reality, softening its impact. There is still a lot to enjoy, but at the time it was published, it was truly extraordinary. A lot of new readers scratch their heads trying to understand what the big deal is.

That's not to take anything away from Gibson, though. I still think he's one of the greatest writers of our time. Even now, after 35 years, he's writing completely original and surprising work.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 698 of 714 FirstFirst ... 198 598 648 688 696 697 698 699 700 708 ... LastLast