Page 39 of 714 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 539 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    didn't care for lolita.

loved good omens.

finished my re-read of battlefield earth. still loved it.

also read this incredibly boring and predictible james patterson book, black friday.

i hate when i run out of stuff to read and have to dig into the dan brown and james patterson books that my parents have sent me.
    Ew. Friends don't make friends read Dan Brown.
    That, at least, is a problem I don't have. Running out, I mean. I tend to buy books faster than I have time to read them.

John F. Kennedy gunslinger19 is on a distinguished road gunslinger19's Avatar

Currently I am rereading the Harry Potter series. After that I plan on going back through The Dark Tower for the one hundred billionth millionth time.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You must be a fast reader.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BlakeMP View Post
    ...Ew. Friends don't make friends read Dan Brown.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlakeMP View Post
    ...Ew. Friends don't make friends read Dan Brown.
    he speaks true, though.

blake, howsabout you send some of those unread books my way?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

SJ, have you read any of Blake's books?
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

no, actually, i haven't.

i r teh lam0rz, i know.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

SJ, PM me your address. Way back when, in support of our friend and author, I bought two copies of THE BEGINNER. I'll send you the unread copy.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Reread

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    SJ, PM me your address. Way back when, in support of our friend and author, I bought two copies of THE BEGINNER. I'll send you the unread copy.
    It's on its way to you now. Unfortunately there's no mail delivery on Monday, so you should receive it on Tuesday. Enjoy.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got done with "Forever Odd", it was really good.

I'm loving Brother as well, about half way through that one.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I just got done with "Forever Odd", it was really good.

I'm loving Brother as well, about half way through that one.
    I knew there was a reason I like you, Matt.

patrick, you're aces. i doubt if i'll have it on tuesday, since tomorrow we're putting in a change of address and it'll have to be forwarded, but still.

aces, man.

^_^

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    patrick, you're aces. i doubt if i'll have it on tuesday, since tomorrow we're putting in a change of address and it'll have to be forwarded, but still.

aces, man.

^_^
    You're moving this weekend? Damn. Well, I'm sure you'll get it sooner or later, even though I didn't include your last name:

To:
    Sarajean
    Somewhere in the vicinity of Disneyland
    California, USA

i'm sure they'll know that it's for me.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, you're too important for a zip code anyway.

I did send it priority mail, that may help. Or not.

On topic: I'm still reading LOLITA - now well past half way. This dude's behavior has really gone downhill.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

SJ, you'll really like Blake's books. Other People's Heroes was a crack up, and The Beginner hooked me right in the beginning - they're fun reads.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My concordance finally arrived. I'll start on that tommorrow

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You guys are awesome.

Currently reading The Awful Truths by Brian Thomsen. Funny book about correcting popular misconceptions (St. Patrick wasn't really Irish, Bob Kane didn't really create Batman by himself, Chuck Berry only had one #1 hit -- and it was My Ding-A-Ling, etc.) Interesting book.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Just spreading the BlakeMP love, Blake.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm really getting into Imajica, but everything will get put on hold tomorrow when Confessor, the final book in the Sword of Truth series gets released! I've been waiting for this all year.

I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Hope Leslie by Catharine Maria Sedgwick for class. I'll probably have to put off the last Sword of Truth book for a bit, both because of money concerns and so much homework. :\
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

re-reading sorcerer's stone again. this is my first re-read since reading book seven (couldn't find it before) and i'm trying to pick up on things i missed the last go-round.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahem! Philosopher's Stone

look. if i had the fucking philosopher's stone version, i'd list it as such. i lost mine. now all i have is this crummy paperback, that has been revised for american english speakers AND has little stupid bits added in. like at the sorting, it talks about dean being a "tall Black boy." wtf is up with capitalizing it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 714 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 539 ... LastLast