Page 20 of 714 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 520 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

that's kind of hot DT

i just started Justine by Lawrence Durrell
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

It was hot!

I am reading Clive Cusllers "Dark Watch"

(listening)

Still Blaze at home but its hard to get to it.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

*Ahem* That was AFTER reading issue 7 and The Guidebook riiiiiiiiiiiiight??
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh yeah man, those are long gone.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Damn! They sold that quick on eBay???
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

hahahah

"long gone" in the annals of Matty stuff. But securely stashed away in the comic closet.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

reading this shit...

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=maerlyn;29999]
    Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    I'm half way through Choke. I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Choke was always my favorite Palahniuk book until I read Rant. That blew it away.

Don't you hate that though, when you are expecting to love a book and it doesn't meet your expectations?
    Although the books have a similar feel, personally I preferred SURVIVOR over CHOKE.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Have you read any of the Hilton literature though, Patrick?

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Somehow I think the words Hilton and Literature should never, ever be used in a sentence.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

yeah, i put choke down about a week ago and since i wasn't in any rush to finish it i took it back to the library. meh. it'll be there if I ever want to finish it. I was on page 120 or something like that. I picked up haunted today but haven't started it yet. If I manage to get though that I'll pick up SURVIVOR.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain
    Somehow I think the words Hilton and Literature should never, ever be used in a sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Confessions of an Heiress by Paris Hilton

Just about the best book ever written.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I stand by my original statement.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

and I stand by you too, daghain.

btw, love the new avatar

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

So I take it you don't think she surpasses King as an author then?

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I honestly think her dog is probably a better writer.

btw, love the new avatar
    Thanks. I have to change my view of Roland from time to time.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

"...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone would like to read a Palahniuk-esque book pick up prolific graphic novel writer Warren Ellis' novel Crooked Little Vain. Nice and easy read that will make you feel dirty.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

REading this now..

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you like it so far, MD? I haven't read any of Tolkien's others, just LOTR and Hobbit.

My Mood
    Amused

you should read the Silmarillion. I really have not got that far into it, unpacking at my new flat and all, so I really don't have an opinion of it yet.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, the Silmarillion was too much for me. It was like a history text book. I just wanted someone to highlight the good parts for me so I could skip the rest.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Matt, can we go ahead and ban this guy now?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice BlakeMP is on a distinguished road BlakeMP's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just started reading David Wellington's Monster Island.

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Oh man, the Silmarillion was too much for me. It was like a history text book. I just wanted someone to highlight the good parts for me so I could skip the rest.
    I know what your saying. It took me awhile to finish that book. Heh...it did remind me of a mythology class I took.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 714 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 520 ... LastLast