Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 692 of 714 FirstFirst ... 192 592 642 682 690 691 692 693 694 702 ... LastLast
Results 17,276 to 17,300 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I haven't read it yet, but I have it sitting on my bookshelf. Was curious how you would have compared it to The Stepford Wives. I'll let you know once I read it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, okay. I was thinking you'd read it. Yeah, definitely let me know.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished The Devil Crept In by Ania Ahlborn and her writing just hits the sweet spot for me. I'm starting The Road by Cormac McCarthy as I've seen the movie but never read the book.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kraken has a spectacular aura about Kraken has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

The Road is great as is No Country For Old Men. I’ve also read the Border Trilogy, Blood Meridian and Child Of God by McCarthy which are all excellent.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I have GOT to read NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN. I love the movie and can only assume the book is better.
    Anyone have a mint condition signed first edition they can give me for free?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I have GOT to read NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN. I love the movie and can only assume the book is better.
    if you love the movie "No Country for Old Men" then you should watch "The Counselor"

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I've seen that.

Spoiler:
    Poor Brad Pitt!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice Kraken has a spectacular aura about Kraken has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Book is better.
    I’ll just pop a nice signed copy in the post for you. If it doesn’t arrive must be due to the dodgy postal service at the moment. 😄

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I just finished the next triptych of Richard Stark Parker novels - volumes 10, 11 and 12. Twelve to go.

Now reading If It Bleeds. Reading Kings prose is like being wrapped in a warm blanket.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just finished the third story (the Holly Gibney one) in If It Bleeds and really looking forward to starting on Rats, the final story.

I actually had low expectations for this collection as the last few SK novels haven’t grabbed me, but after watching the HBO production of The Outsider, I got a new appreciation for the Holly Gibney character and this phase of King’s writing.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I'm halfway through the second story and have liked both so far.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle is just really nice daniel_pyle's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    Just finished the third story (the Holly Gibney one) in If It Bleeds and really looking forward to starting on Rats, the final story.

I actually had low expectations for this collection as the last few SK novels haven’t grabbed me, but after watching the HBO production of The Outsider, I got a new appreciation for the Holly Gibney character and this phase of King’s writing.
    I haven't watched The Outsider yet, but Holly is one of my favorite King characters. I'm looking forward to it.

I hope you enjoy "Rats." It was my favorite of the bunch. All-in-all though, unfortunately, the whole book was my least favorite novella collection.

Along the Path of the Beam Jerrika has a spectacular aura about Jerrika has a spectacular aura about Jerrika's Avatar

I'm currently reading The Institute by Stephen King, The Unwilling by Kelly Braffet and Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky.
    "Sometimes dead is better." ~ Jud Crandall

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Does anyone here read Chad Lutzke? I've recently started reading his books and I'm thoroughly enjoying them. Of Foster Homes and Flies, and Stirring the Sheets were both great. I almost didn't read the Stirring the Sheets because of the synopsis, but I'm so glad I did. Both were so heartfelt despite the subject matter. I also really loved Out Behind the Barn which he cowrote with John Boden.

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished The Road and I enjoyed it a lot but not to the extent that some fellow board members have. I'll definitely read more of McCarthy's books. I was going to start my re-read of The Stand but decided to hold off until the PS edition arrives so I started my re-read of IT.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

2/3's of the way through The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers. I liked his book Last Call that I listened to last year. But I kinda forgot about him. Found a free copy of Anubis and when I went to my book pile, I picked this one up. It's like a Terry Gilliam movie. A little bizarre, a little weird, and a little funny.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I haven't but it's been on my list for years. I've seen the movie, so I guess that's part of what has kept me away. How close are they to each other?
    Very far. I mean, very close in terms of events, but otherwise, about totally different things. Both are great although extremely different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Thanks. I really do hate when horror authors feel the need to toss in sex for no reason. Richard Laymon is another author that I see recommended all the time, but I've only read one book by him (and the first chapter of another one) and both were just all sex that it turned me off from reading any more of his books.
    I've always suspected you are my long-lost twin sister. Thought I was the only one who found sex unspeakably boring when described (verbally or cinematically)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Thanks. I really do hate when horror authors feel the need to toss in sex for no reason. Richard Laymon is another author that I see recommended all the time, but I've only read one book by him (and the first chapter of another one) and both were just all sex that it turned me off from reading any more of his books.
    I've always suspected you are my long-lost twin sister. Thought I was the only one who found sex unspeakably boring when described (verbally or cinematically)
    All I can think of right now (probably because I finished watching it again for the first time in a while) is this little moment in Garth Marenghi's Darkplace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcFWSExNJVk
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I haven't but it's been on my list for years. I've seen the movie, so I guess that's part of what has kept me away. How close are they to each other?
    Very far. I mean, very close in terms of events, but otherwise, about totally different things. Both are great although extremely different.
    I'll have to read Rosemary's Baby soon. Jean, did you prefer it to The Stepford Wives?

And I can handle little amounts of sex in books so long as it adds to the story, but I swear the Richard Laymon book I read was literally from beginning to end some young boy having non-stop sexual fantasies about his female friend. If the sex was omitted from the book there would literally be maybe a 10page short story.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    All I can think of right now (probably because I finished watching it again for the first time in a while) is this little moment in Garth Marenghi's Darkplace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcFWSExNJVk
    I love Garth Marenghi's Darkplace! I should rewatch it while I'm still at home for a bit.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I got the chance to watch the whole series on the big screen last year! Matt Berry himself showed up! Such an amazing night.

- Melike

Lucky! I bet that was amazing.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It really was. It was for the show’s 15th anniversary. It was great to watch it as part of a crowd, and Garth’s speech at the end on how they never expected people to still be talking about it years later seemed especially fitting.

- Melike

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool, thanks, Jean. Maybe I'll get around to it this summer.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Making my way through 2001: A Space Odyssey.

I finished If It Bleeds, and have moved on to Mythos, a retelling of Greek Myths, by Stephen Fry. Also narrated by him.

Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 692 of 714 FirstFirst ... 192 592 642 682 690 691 692 693 694 702 ... LastLast