Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 615 of 714 FirstFirst ... 115 515 565 605 613 614 615 616 617 625 665 ... LastLast
Results 15,351 to 15,375 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I just started Blake Crouch's Dark Matter last night.
    It's about time
    I've wanted to read it for a while, but was sort of "saving" it. I finally say eff it and ordered it last week.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    [

I just started Blake Crouch's Dark Matter last night.
    It's about time
    100% Blake is the man. I REALLY hope for more good stuff from him
    Other than the Pines series (which was one of the best series I've ever read), I haven't read any of his other books yet. YET.
    I think I've probably asked before, but which books would you guys recommend I read next?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I would like to know, too (having read the Wayward Pines trilogy and Black Matter but nothing else, so far).

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heather will tell you all to read Run, but don't listen to her.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I liked Serial Killers Uncut which is a collection of works by three different writers and Blake is one of them.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Yes, Run. And please listen to me and ignore Ricky

Amanda, I thought you read some of his other books, Draculas? Or was that your mom?

My rankings of his books would be:
    Wayward Pines series
    Run
    Dark Matter
    Fully Loaded (his collection of short stories)
    Abandon
    Snowbound
    Draculas
    Eerie
    Famous (I actually remember nothing about this one aside from the fact that it was a very different style of writing from all his other books)
    Desert Places (didn't care for this one so haven't read the remaining ones in the trilogy)
    And I haven't read Serial Killers Uncut for that reason too, but maybe I'll get to it sometime.
    I haven't finished Good Behavior yet either, but I did love the first Letti Dobesh book.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

That's right. I do remember you two disagreeing about Run.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I liked Serial Killers Uncut which is a collection of works by three different writers and Blake is one of them.
    I just looked that one up. It looks like it's a compilation of stories about the villains from the authors' novels? I'll have to keep that in mind if I read some of the stand-alone books and want to delve into the characters some more.

Amanda, I thought you read some of his other books, Draculas? Or was that your mom?

Wayward Pines series
    Run
    Dark Matter
    Abandon
    Snowbound
    Draculas
    Eerie
    Famous (I actually remember nothing about this one aside from the fact that it was a very different style of writing from all his other books)
    Desert Places (didn't care for this one so haven't read the remaining ones in the trilogy)
    And I haven't read Serial Killers Uncut for that reason too, but maybe I'll get to it sometime.
    I haven't finished Good Behavior yet either, but I did love the first Letti Dobesh book.
    Cool, thanks Heather.

You know, I started the Good Behavior book a while back but didn't really get sucked into it very much. I think that, having read the Pines series first, I may have a hard time getting into his books that are not full of as much mystery and suspense. Pines had that other world feel to it that kept you on the edge of your seat, trying to figure out what was going on. I hope that didn't spoil me so much that I don't enjoy his other books.
    To be honest, I think that's why I haven't read anything else by him yet. But when Dark Matter came out, the description intrigued me.

Would you say that any of the books you listed have that suspenseful feel to them?

And, yes, it was my mom that read Draculas.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I think Run does and Dark Matter to an extent. And possibly Abandon a little bit. They're not of the same scope that the Pines series is. But the first two are of the same quality at least. And did you not enjoy the first Letty Dobesh book? I really enjoyed it, and it had some twists I wasn't expecting.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14's Avatar

I am currently reading Dark Screams volume 5, and The Painted Darkness by Brian James Freeman. I'm trying to finish by the end of this months that'll put me at 10 books for January on my goodreads.lol

I think Run does and Dark Matter to an extent. And possibly Abandon a little bit. They're not of the same scope that the Pines series is. But the first two are of the same quality at least. And did you not enjoy the first Letty Dobesh book? I really enjoyed it, and it had some twists I wasn't expecting.
    Yeah, I'm afraid Pines spoiled me.

Also, I didn't know there was a first Letty Dobesh book. I guess it's a good thing I didn't read to far into Good Behavior if there was a story that came before it.

Good Behavior is just the collection of the three Letty Dobesh stories combined into 1 vol. I read the first one previously because it was included in his other short story collection. On a side note have you guys seen the TV series? I watched the first few but couldn't really get into it

I gotcha. Good Behavior is the one I've got. I may get around to reading it one day, but I just wasn't feeling it at the time.

I didn't check out any of the tv show. When I found out it was based on a Blake Crouch book, it made me want to check out the story first. Of course, we see how that worked out. Maybe I'll get around to reading it sometime in 2030. haha

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejoygirl14 View Post
    I am currently reading Dark Screams volume 5, and The Painted Darkness by Brian James Freeman. I'm trying to finish by the end of this months that'll put me at 10 books for January on my goodreads.lol
    I'm a huge BJF fan! Love his stuff.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

I gotcha. Good Behavior is the one I've got. I may get around to reading it one day, but I just wasn't feeling it at the time.

I didn't check out any of the tv show. When I found out it was based on a Blake Crouch book, it made me want to check out the story first. Of course, we see how that worked out. Maybe I'll get around to reading it sometime in 2030. haha
    They changed the TV show from the first book, not sure about the others since I haven't read them yet. But the show just got blah fast.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

That's right. I do remember you two disagreeing about Run.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I just looked that one up. It looks like it's a compilation of stories about the villains from the authors' novels? I'll have to keep that in mind if I read some of the stand-alone books and want to delve into the characters some more.

Wayward Pines series
    Run
    Dark Matter
    Abandon
    Snowbound
    Draculas
    Eerie
    Cool, thanks Heather.

You know, I started the Good Behavior book a while back but didn't really get sucked into it very much. I think that, having read the Pines series first, I may have a hard time getting into his books that are not full of as much mystery and suspense. Pines had that other world feel to it that kept you on the edge of your seat, trying to figure out what was going on. I hope that didn't spoil me so much that I don't enjoy his other books.
    To be honest, I think that's why I haven't read anything else by him yet. But when Dark Matter came out, the description intrigued me.

Would you say that any of the books you listed have that suspenseful feel to them?

And, yes, it was my mom that read Draculas.
    I had never read anything by any of those authors and still enjoyed SKU very much. It does make me want to read more from all of them eventually.

Gunslinger Apprentice TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough

Agreed - read Overture afterwards. Or better yet, skip it. It was pretty bad and added nothing to the series.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Picked up Neil Gaiman's The Sandman series from the library the other day along with The Sandman: Overture. Is the Overture to be read before or after I complete the series? Thanks!
    After. It has many references to the original series and story points which depend on familiarity.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yesterday I finished Time Is the Simplest Thing by Delany. I'm 2/3 done with Clarke's Islands in the Sky. Making progress with The Best of Nancy Kress. Incredible writing, incredible stories.

I'm also reading Tomie, a graphic novel by Junji Ito. Eerie stuff. Drawn in b&w too, no glossy Photoshop backgrounds, thank you very much.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Yesterday I finished Time Is the Simplest Thing by Delany. I'm 2/3 done with Clarke's Islands in the Sky. Making progress with The Best of Nancy Kress. Incredible writing, incredible stories.

I'm also reading Tomie, a graphic novel by Junji Ito. Eerie stuff. Drawn in b&w too, no glossy Photoshop backgrounds, thank you very much.
    My GF loves Ito. I've only read a bit, the first Uzumaki graphic novel, and I will concur. Great art and eerie stories. I look forward to reading more.

Almost done with Blake Crouch's Dark Matter.

And....

And....

I'm really enjoying it. I've got maybe 30 pages left and plan to finish it today

(maybe while I'm waiting in the car to pick Jacob up from school today. )

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

And...then its on the next Mattrick mattsterpiece :p
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

I do need to start your book! I'm actually thinking of looking into seeing if there is a way to send the doc to my kindle so I can read it from there.

If there's an obvious way to do that, someone please tell me..

I think it can read pdf's if you can convert it.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

if we are talking about one and the same Mattrick book, then:

a) it's extremely good
    b) I have a .mobi file
    c) anything can be converted to .mobi if you download calibre, for example from here: https://calibre-ebook.com/download

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it can read pdf's if you can convert it.
    I'll look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    if we are talking about one and the same Mattrick book, then:

a) it's extremely good
    b) I have a .mobi file
    c) anything can be converted to .mobi if you download calibre, for example from here: https://calibre-ebook.com/download
    1. I bet it's good. I already read his book, The Need, and really enjoyed it, so I'm looking forward to reading this one that he recently sent me.
    2. I saw mention of caliber online, but didn't know if it was legit. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 615 of 714 FirstFirst ... 115 515 565 605 613 614 615 616 617 625 665 ... LastLast