Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 589 of 714 FirstFirst ... 89 489 539 579 587 588 589 590 591 599 639 689 ... LastLast
Results 14,701 to 14,725 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Abominable is next for me after Illuim. Anyone read that one? Good?
    I really did enjoy Abominable. It sure didn't go in the direction I expected.

John
    AWESOME!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Abominable is next for me after Illuim. Anyone read that one? Good?
    One of Simmons' best!
    You'll love it, Kris.

sk

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I just bought it a few weeks ago. I've been dying to start it, just need to finish the one I'm reading now. You'll probably get to it before me, so let me know what you think.
    I will!!! Then after that it's the Wayward Pines series!!! Lol then End of Watch. Gotta find the time to read... I love it!!
    Wayward Pines series is awesome! You'll love it
    What Heather said! The series is awesome.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Whew, finished Earthquake Weather by Tim Powers, ending the Fault Lines trilogy. Glad it all came together at the end! Started in on Books of Blood by Clive Barker, as I hadn't read anything of his before (only saw Hellraiser movies!)
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

About halfway through The Amityville Horror. I'm really enjoying it so far. Next will be The Dark Tower to finally finish off my first full read through.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

the amityville horror that is such a great book. true it may be fiction but you know what i don't give a shit either. i also have the sequels on paperback as well. those i haven't read yet. i did read a decent portion of the 2nd book though i just have yet to finish it. which DT book are you on anyways?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    As a King fan, I wanted to get into Barker but I just couldn't. (...) Barker just seems so...random...I guess. Out of the above, The Damnation Game had the tightest plot, but the others just struck me as "making it up as you go" with no real cohesiveness. It might be that my issue is with fantasy as a genre (which I do not care for). Too much "and then magic happened out of nowhere."

An ex-girlfriend swore that Imagica was the best book ever but I have not tested that theory.

I also never could get into Straub.
    Amen.
    Minus the ex-girlfriend part and my not reading TDG, agree with every word.
    I read BoB (and, I believe, something else that I don't remember) -

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I thought Books of Blood were great, like King if he got really nasty and more literary or whatever.
    and it's just the same random, haphazard writing. It's good imagery, but, to my taste, poor storytelling. But, of course, bears too disllike fantasy as a genre.
    Straub - differently from Barker, but still - doesn't seem to be able to keep the story together all the time. He is a good writer, though, that is, I enjoy reading him, but none of his novels has left me satisfied yet. It's like he wants to say a lot, as Barker seems to desperately want to convey his visions, Straub has tons of thoughts and concepts, and neither of them can bind those into a coherent and convincing whole. (strictly in my opinion, of course, and especially comparing to King)

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland of Gilead 33 View Post
    that one i still haven't finished to be honest. i think i've only read chapters 1 and 2 and that's about it, as you are right it just drones and is a very slow starter of a book
    It does start out pretty slow. If you can get past the beginning, it really turns out to be an awesome book though. It's one that I've read a few times now.
    if I haven't lost the track of the conversation, we're talking Talisman here. Again, just like it was with Insomnia, bears are in the minority - loved the slow start, was bored by the hectic fuss in the last chapters

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading It...again!
    P2

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

the amityville horror that is such a great book. true it may be fiction but you know what i don't give a shit either. i also have the sequels on paperback as well. those i haven't read yet. i did read a decent portion of the 2nd book though i just have yet to finish it. which DT book are you on anyways?
    I have read 1-6 & 4.5. I tend to take a 1 or 2 book break between each book. But I should finish Amityville today or tomorrow then I am going to complete the journeys! I really hope book seven give more information on history of End World. There are so many questions I still have but I am hoping they will be answered in this conclusion

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    About halfway through The Amityville Horror. I'm really enjoying it so far. Next will be The Dark Tower to finally finish off my first full read through.
    The Amityville Horror was the first scary book I ever read. So damn creepy. And good.

Citizen of Gilead Roland of Gilead 33 will become famous soon enough Roland of Gilead 33's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

it wasn't mine actually because i read a number of various horror things but i read it for the 1st time in i think high school and loved every minute of it. the film well the original is a decent little film. the sequels are utter shit though well the films anyways. you should check out the sequels to the 1st book once you finish that one. i've read it more than once too and i lent it to a friend in high school WHO read it and loved it too and she is someone i can't think at least back than i ever saw read any type of book outside of having to do it for school too.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Just about to finish off Duma Key. Can't believe I've waited this long to read it. It's freakin' awesome! Up next, I think I'm going to read Bev's (Vincent) new DTC, then King's TBOBD. I've made it my goal this year to read a little bit each day even if it's just a few pages before my eyes slam shut. So far, so good .
    The only King book to successfully creep me out, and it creeped me out many times. The Shining creeped me out twice and Insomnia and Bag of Bones got me once each. Duma Key was like half a dozen at least. I really need to reread it, but I don't know where my hardcover got off too.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Insomina is a book i really do love and i'd love to see it as a film. but also am wondering how that one will be made with the dudes that went around killing people i could never make up my mind how to picture them clipping someone's auroa isn't it called? if that's spelled right? anyways i just finished "From Potter's Field and really did love it. on good reads a lot of people complained about how on the last page the killer is killed with like less than a paragraph and actually do agree with that.
    it was stupid to write such a damn good book in my opinion than just kill him off that quickly and on the last page of the book never the less. now i have no idea what i'm going to read next to be honest.
    as for SK books that creep me out at this late hour i can't think of any, but i'm sure Bag of bones was one that did cause i love that book as well. too bad the film was utter shit. i don't blame Mick Garris for his directing just the writing of it.

it needed a far far better script i think.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welp just finished Amityville. It was great. On to The Dark Tower.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14 will become famous soon enough Lovejoygirl14's Avatar

Currently dragging myself through under the dome. I am bored. But I can't just NOT finish it lol. Simultaneously reading Neil gaiman trigger warning

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Reading Justin Cronins The Twelve and the Novelization of Jim Hensons Labyrinth.... Enjoying both very much.

I've reached Drawing of the Three on my DT reread. I'm also dabbling in Bev Vincent's The Road to the Dark Tower, which I'm enjoying very very much.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've reached Drawing of the Three on my DT reread. I'm also dabbling in Bev Vincent's The Road to the Dark Tower, which I'm enjoying very very much.
    Me too on Bev's book. Amazing how much memory of the books coming rushing back while reading it. Definitely makes me want to revisit TDT series again as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Me too on Bev's book. Amazing how much memory of the books coming rushing back while reading it. Definitely makes me want to revisit TDT series again as well.
    Yes! I love the extra insight into the stories. It's definitely something I'd recommend any tower junkie pick up.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second that. I've skipped a few parts as I haven't read the comics or TWTTK yet. I'm looking forward to Robin's book as well when it's released.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    the Novelization of Jim Hensons Labyrinth.... Enjoying both very much.
    I never knew there was such a thing. How is it?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

It's really enjoyable light reading, assuming that you liked the movie. It follows the movie very closely and just adds in a few extra details.

There is also a 4 book manga called Return to the Labyrinth that takes place after the movie and is about Toby's return to the Labyrinth.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lovejoygirl14 View Post
    Currently dragging myself through under the dome. I am bored. But I can't just NOT finish it lol. Simultaneously reading Neil gaiman trigger warning
    Man I thought UTD was great. It took me awhile to read and was slow at point but I was enthralled with the characters. Just whatever you do don't watch the show afterwards

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I got through it, but it's one of my least favorite King books.

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

UTD was one of the fastest fat books I have ever read. I couldn't put it down! For me it was well paced, I just didn't like the ending.
    I'm currently reading McCammon's Baal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 589 of 714 FirstFirst ... 89 489 539 579 587 588 589 590 591 599 639 689 ... LastLast