Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 429 of 713 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 479 529 ... LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,725 of 17825

Thread: What are you currently reading?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Black House is 10 times better than The Talisman. At least.
    Yes. At least. I don't know if the quantitative approach works here at all: to me, they are in entirely different leagues.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I agree about BH > Talisman. Not sure how many times. I like The Talisman a lot too, it's just BH was a lot more concise and the writting was a lot stronger.

As far as the Bentley comment - I'd say no higher praise could be given to a horror writter.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Well maybe I used the wrong word, I didn't mean scared as in it terrified me to read it. As you all know I love a good scary book. And the scarier the better. What I meant was I was horrified and disgusted (and not in a good way ) by what I read, that I have no desire to pick up another book by him. I read The University, has anyone here read it? Maybe his other books are alot better than this one? I'll take suggestions, just as long as its nothing like that one.

And I will attempt Black House again soon
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bethany View Post
    I'm torn. You know I refuse to read the Kurrent Kool Kid book but I am intrigued to see what the Kelly Ripas of the world consider BDSM.
    It's pretty light... compared to some of the kinky shit I have read...
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I loved Talisman and Black House. I have really liked every King book I've read so far. That being said, I'm a huge Cardinals fan so I don't think I can read Faithful. But if that is the last book left to complete my reading of King, I might at least peruse through it.
    I will not collect that cursed book nor, will I read it. It's pure fiction!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I am one of the few people that prefer Talisman over Blackhouse. I loved the writing, the setting and of course Wolf.

Blackhouse seemed staple King to me, which i did love dont get me wrong, but if I was to choose just one book that i was to read over and over it would be Talisman over Blackhouse.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I agree with Candy.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice velcro_fly is on a distinguished road velcro_fly's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    I think I am one of the few people that prefer Talisman over Blackhouse. I loved the writing, the setting and of course Wolf.

Blackhouse seemed staple King to me, which i did love dont get me wrong, but if I was to choose just one book that i was to read over and over it would be Talisman over Blackhouse.
    Absolutely!
    “There are no men like me. There's only me”- The Kingslayer

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Well maybe I used the wrong word, I didn't mean scared as in it terrified me to read it. As you all know I love a good scary book. And the scarier the better. What I meant was I was horrified and disgusted (and not in a good way ) by what I read, that I have no desire to pick up another book by him. I read The University, has anyone here read it? Maybe his other books are alot better than this one? I'll take suggestions, just as long as its nothing like that one.

Heather, since I really don't see Little's stuff as that extreme ( I read a lot of stuff that definitely is)I don't really know what to say. Pick up The Collection; it's all short stories so you can read in small doses and you're bound to find stuff you like. I don't really recall anything in The University that was that bad, but it's been years since I've read it.
    Maybe I've forgotten. I may need to read it again. Can I ask specifically what bothered you in it?

I have grown to like The Talisman and Black House about equally, but in different ways. Initially I wasn't overly thrilled with Black House ( I still liked it) because it's so much different from Talisman which was one I loved since it first came out...or round about then.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    I agree with Candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by velcro_fly View Post
    Absolutely!
    Add me to this list.

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    ... Initially I wasn't overly thrilled with Black House ( I still liked it) because it's so much different from Talisman which was one I loved since it first came out...or round about then.
    Brice's quoted comment says it for me.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Iain M. Banks - The State of the Art
    Tolkien - The Fellowship of the Ring

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Heather, since I really don't see Little's stuff as that extreme ( I read a lot of stuff that definitely is)I don't really know what to say. Pick up The Collection; it's all short stories so you can read in small doses and you're bound to find stuff you like. I don't really recall anything in The University that was that bad, but it's been years since I've read it.
    Maybe I've forgotten. I may need to read it again. Can I ask specifically what bothered you in it?
    The problem I had with it, was that it was literally all just sex, from beginning to end. Nothing else. And some of it was a little crazy...
    I really don't like a lot of sex in my books, especially if that's all there is and nothing more. I'll see if I can find this collection though. Oh and I wouldn't recommend reading it again. It's probably best forgotten

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

I agree with Candy.
    Absolutely!
    Add me to this list.
    Make that five.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

I agree with Candy.
    Absolutely!
    Add me to this list.
    Make that five.
    Six.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The problem I had with it, was that it was literally all just sex, from beginning to end. Nothing else. And some of it was a little crazy...
    I really don't like a lot of sex in my books, especially if that's all there is and nothing more. I'll see if I can find this collection though. Oh and I wouldn't recommend reading it again. It's probably best forgotten
    Never ever NEVER read Ed Lee books. He makes Little (and nearly everyone else) look positively puritanical.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice noal will become famous soon enough noal will become famous soon enough noal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Last chapter of 'Jerusalem- A Biography'

Gahhh, It feels like the longest book in my life!

(waiting to read WTTK)!
    They made us many promises, more than I can remember, but they never kept but one; they promised to take our land, and they did.

Red Cloud

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by noal View Post
    Last chapter of 'Jerusalem- A Biography'

Gahhh, It feels like the longest book in my life!

(waiting to read WTTK)!
    How is it?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished THE WIND THROUGH THE KEYHOLE yesterday.

Going to read BLOCKADE BILLY, by the same author, today.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

What author could that possibly be?

If you rescue me

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

I'm hoping to finish The Composers: A Hystery of Music by Kevin Reeves today. Awesome book with hysterical historical facts on classic composers. It's been a great background read for me while I've been extra busy the past few weeks, but I'm tired of reading bits of information slowly and ready to move on.

So, I'll read a few children's books quickly... Chester Raccoon and the Acorn Full of Memories by Audrey Penn, The Duckling Gets a Cookie!? by Mo Willems, The Case of the School Ghost by Dori Hillestad Butler. Maybe I'll start Pirates: The Ring of Hope by Daryl K. Cobb. I might even write out some reviews for a few others I've read and have been procrastinating...

But I'm not sure what grown-up book to start next. Perhaps I'll knock out the new King graphic novels I got?

Country
    Country Flag

I needed a light read so I started the first Harry Potter book.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Hunger Games

If you rescue me

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

The Hunger Games
    Nice! Let me know if you start on the second book... I haven't started it yet.

Going to read BLOCKADE BILLY, by the same author, today.
    Just picked that up a few weeks ago, haven't read it yet though. Let me know how you like it.

Currently reading Cannery Row by John Steinbeck as a favor for a friend who I keep making read some King

+ Reply to Thread
Page 429 of 713 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 479 529 ... LastLast