Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 384 of 714 FirstFirst ... 284 334 374 382 383 384 385 386 394 434 484 ... LastLast
Results 9,576 to 9,600 of 17826

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
    Just picked this up. A friend ranted about it nonstop till i got just to shut her up. its actually pretty damn good

Read the whole series this summer and I like the of the way the story unfolded. My daughter read it afterwards and was excited with all the things in the books.

Am having to put a hold on my other books I was going to read because the books got lost in my house so am now reading Diary of a Fairy Godmother. It is a children's book but then again so was Harry Potter(yeah right). My daughter found it at wally world for a dollar and said I would like it. One of the characters in this book is Auntie Malice (AKA Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty) which i found funny...will give a short review when done.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Started reading Darkfall by Dean Koontz last night. It's intriguing so far, but my mind was near explosion mode when I started, so I didn't get very far.
    One of Koontz's best ... in my humble opinion
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's good to hear. I plan on doing some major reading this weekend so hopefully I'll get a little farther.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I'm currently working on Dies the Fire by John Sterling alongside the numerous comics I have at my desk courtesy of a coworker. I think I'm going to go buy Ready Player One as I've heard nothing but great things about it from a bunch of different people. That'll be my next read.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished "Song of Susannah" and now I am starting "The Dark Tower 7"

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Trying my best to get through ASOIAF...about two-thirds into GoT. So far, just not feeling it. =/

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm reading A Dance With Dragons. :ASOIAF high five: I thought GoT was really good, maybe because I watched the series first, though.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In honor of the tenth anniversary on 9/11 I'll be starting this:

It's a monster of a book, nearly 1500 pages, and it's only volume one of projected two (I think; the Wikipedia article for the book says "Wallace is currently working on the sequel to the book, which will cover New York City history up to World War II"). Took the authors 20 years to write this one, so not sure when the second will come, but supposedly they're working on it.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The only Murakami book missing from my collection. No hardcover edition yet...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    I'm reading A Dance With Dragons. :ASOIAF high five: I thought GoT was really good, maybe because I watched the series first, though.
    Nice ! How far along are you in ADWD ?

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I think I'm going to go buy Ready Player One as I've heard nothing but great things about it from a bunch of different people. That'll be my next read.
    I noticed that on your fb status the other day and have ordered it

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Awesome, awesome book G! If you haven't already read them, and you like Murakami, try A Wild Sheep Chase followed by Dance Dance Dance next, they link to each other and are two of my very favourites.
    Pablo, have you read it though?

Country
    Country Flag

No, not yet. I'll read it when a good edition of it is published. I just don't like reading paperbacks (or ebooks for that matter). The tactile experience is very important to me.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    Nice ! How far along are you in ADWD ?
    About 2/3... I don't have class tomorrow so I will probably finish by Saturday. I'm kind of ready to be done with it so I can do a reread and understand all the stuff that didn't make sense the first time.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I finished "The Dark Tower 7" and now I am going to read "Cell"

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Currently reading Those Across the River by Christopher Buehlman.

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    I think I'm going to go buy Ready Player One as I've heard nothing but great things about it from a bunch of different people. That'll be my next read.
    I noticed that on your fb status the other day and have ordered it

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthful View Post
    Awesome, awesome book G! If you haven't already read them, and you like Murakami, try A Wild Sheep Chase followed by Dance Dance Dance next, they link to each other and are two of my very favourites.
    Pablo, have you read it though?
    I'll need to check that out. So far I've been mostly reading his non-fiction books. Also, Sputnik Sweetheart, which I loved.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No, not yet. I'll read it when a good edition of it is published. I just don't like reading paperbacks (or ebooks for that matter). The tactile experience is very important to me.
    Wow, you've got a lot of willpower! Well, I hope you get hold of one one day, it's such a great story

G, I haven't read any of his non fiction, how did you find it?

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just started my 2nd read through Under the Dome.
    If you love me then love me..

Gunslinger Apprentice The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus will become famous soon enough The Road Virus's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you will never change the outcome" -Michael Jordan

Gunslinger Apprentice noal will become famous soon enough noal will become famous soon enough noal's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In honor of the tenth anniversary on 9/11 I'll be starting this:

It's a monster of a book, nearly 1500 pages, and it's only volume one of projected two (I think; the Wikipedia article for the book says "Wallace is currently working on the sequel to the book, which will cover New York City history up to World War II"). Took the authors 20 years to write this one, so not sure when the second will come, but supposedly they're working on it.
    I've just ordered this, seems interesting.

Thanks for the tip!

Country
    Country Flag

Sure thing. I found it by accident myself. I love sprawling histories, so this is right up my alley. It's very interesting. This tells the story of New York City, the island of Manhattan, from the ice age to the unification of the five boroughs. The second volume being worked on now will indeed get up to 1945. Hopefully a third volume will also be published to take it into the 21st century.

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Nearly done with GoT. I have to say, while I had my doubts during the first third or so of the book, Martin's universe has started to grow on me. At the moment, I think my favorite character may be Tyrion.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SigTauGimp View Post
    Nearly done with GoT. I have to say, while I had my doubts during the first third or so of the book, Martin's universe has started to grow on me. At the moment, I think my favorite character may be Tyrion.
    Me too, I am on clash of Kings and end up skipping through certain characters (Catelyn mostly) to get back to my Imp

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Just added Gotham to my list, thanks Pablo!
    Sloth Love Chunk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 384 of 714 FirstFirst ... 284 334 374 382 383 384 385 386 394 434 484 ... LastLast