Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: DT Questionnaire *Spoilers*

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lisey Landon View Post
    18. If you could pick (upto) any 4 characters to be in your ka-tet, who would you choose?
    Father Callaghan, Eddie, Jake and Oy

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

18. If you could pick (upto) any 4 characters to be in your ka-tet, who would you choose?

Roland (nobody can be better as our dinh), Susannah, Father Callahan, and Oy

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Honestly, with Roland, Eddie, or Susannah, I'd half expect any of them to shoot me at some point. Maybe even Jake.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Honestly, with Roland, Eddie, or Susannah, I'd half expect any of them to shoot me at some point. Maybe even Jake.
    yes, but it all depends on why you would need to be in this ka-tet. The goal may be worthy of this risk, or the risk may just be inevitable.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenant View Post
    yes, but it all depends on why you would need to be in this ka-tet. The goal may be worthy of this risk, or the risk may just be inevitable.
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Ka.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Eddie, Jake, Oy, and Father Callahan

Country
    Country Flag

well, no, I wasn't thinking this last word you've used...

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Roland as dinh (because otherwise I would constantly question/contest anyone else's authority - to the point of getting into a fight ), Cuthbert (because as I said earlier, I'd love to have him as a friend), Jake and Oy.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

well, no, I wasn't thinking this last word you've used...
    Could have fooled me. When duty is clear, one counts on destiny.

Anyway, assuming that I had the power to choose, I'd probably want my allies to match the task, if I knew what that was. Also, I take it that it doesn't matter that most these characters already died. This is like hypothetical time-travel, right? If we're talking about people that we want to hang around with in real life, just for fun... I think I'd pick a different author.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

See, this is where we differ i automtically presumed i was the Dinh!

Quote Originally Posted by Pond View Post
    Eddie, Jake, Oy, and Father Callahan
    oh we matched!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pinhead View Post

See, this is where we differ i automtically presumed i was the Dinh!
    I think many people did. That's why I, so to speak, elaborated on Roland's role. I know that I would hate to be a dinh anyway, unless I have to, and why would I have to when Roland is eligible?

Gunslinger Apprentice maerlyns_rainbow is on a distinguished road maerlyns_rainbow's Avatar

A character I hoped was in the series but wasn't:
    None, really. I was just pleased to see so many familiar faces in the books as it was. Although I always thought it would be cool to have Tom Cullen from The Stand show up there somewhere. he was just a great character.

Favorite artist from the series:
    Michael Whelan. I really wish we could see Patrick Danville's artwork though!

Favorite moment:
    This one is so hard! There are so many. I'd have to say the ka-tet's trek through Lud, because it was so exciting, and they're trip on Blaine was always a highlight of mine.

Saddest moment:
    I was crying when Eddie died, but when they buried Oy I bawled. Every time I read it. There is a line when they are burying him that says something like, "It didn't take long for his body was much smaller than the heart it held" and that always gets my water-works going.

Pick any 4 characters for my own ka-tet:
    Eddie, Oy, Pere Callahan, and Susannah. Maybe we'd be safer without Roland around to get us all killed.
    As the scorpion said to the maiden as she lay dying, "You knowed I was poison when you picked me up." Jonas, WaG

We're all mad here!--The Cheshire Cat

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

Define "any," please.
    Any characters from the entire DT series

19. Do you believe Roland will ever reach the top of the Tower, if so, what would you like him to find there?

Thanks for playing Folken, I will paste the entire challenge in the first post

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, good question. Roland, Oy, Susannah and Eddie.

19. Do you believe Roland will ever reach the top of the Tower, if so, what would you like him to find there?

Yes, and peace.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

19. Do you believe Roland will ever reach the top of the Tower <...>
    No.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Firstly, thank you Lisey for your wonderful threads that really get me thinking and remembering

In regards to Roland and his damn tower, i hope so i really do, or its all so pointless (to much like real life)

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As much as I want him to, NO, I don't think he will.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Define "any," please.
    Define "entire DT series," please. Sorry.
    Revelations.
    Thanks for hosting!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Define "any," please.

i think he is in the Tower. Inside it.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

You're all most welcome, my friends

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

You're all most welcome, my friends
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger Apprentice maerlyns_rainbow is on a distinguished road maerlyns_rainbow's Avatar

Will Roland ever reach the top of the Tower and what will he find:
    I believe he will, and although I want to hope he finds all his friends waiting for him there, I'm just not sure what he will find.

Great game!!!!
    As the scorpion said to the maiden as she lay dying, "You knowed I was poison when you picked me up." Jonas, WaG

We're all mad here!--The Cheshire Cat

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I really cannot say with any certainty, but I'd like to think he eventually gets it right, one of these times.

As for what he finds? If he ever does reach his goal, he will find what he wants to find. I don't know what that it....I don't think anybody does. It will bring him happiness, and rest for his soul. That's the only thing this poor man needs.....

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not so sure he'll find what he wants, but don't you think that he knows what that is, if no one else?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, I assumed he did. What I meant by saying that no one knows, is that we cannot guess what Roland wants to find, because only he knows it. And he certainly it's telling anyone.

But, at the same time, does anyone really know what they want, truly? I know there are times when I have no idea. I know what it is when I find it, but it is often not what I thought I wanted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast