Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: DT Questionnaire *Spoilers*

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

13. The book you were most excited to read.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lisey Landon View Post
    Wolves

it had been such a long time between books that when he released this i was just

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Wastelands. DOTT was my favorite book, and I couldn't get enough of the story at that point. I was also excited to get more Jake, who was my favorite character at the time.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

12. If you were dissatisfied with Flagg's demise, how would you have liked him to go out?
    I wasn't dissatisfied. In fact, I preferred it this way, when a character who gets built up across many books finds a rather despicable demise.

It's a tie between The Gunslinger (original) and The Waste Lands - they both also happen to be my two favorite books of the series.
    The Gunslinger - I got it as a much needed break from a steady diet of Jane Austen books, so I was definitely excited to read it.
    TWL is so packed with varying locations and adventures that I remember how hard it was to put it aside to get some sleep or do anything productive at work
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Drawing of the Three. The end of The Gunslinger had me so excited and I knew that I was in for a hell of a ride with the series. So, I jumped right into reading DotT, knowing that it would be nothing but pure awesome.

Gunslinger Apprentice maerlyns_rainbow is on a distinguished road maerlyns_rainbow's Avatar

Book I was most excited to read:

The Waste Lands. DOTT was just so awesome that I couldn't wait to start on TWL. I needed my Eddie fix.
    As the scorpion said to the maiden as she lay dying, "You knowed I was poison when you picked me up." Jonas, WaG

We're all mad here!--The Cheshire Cat

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

7. Best fight scene.
    How about the battle with Shardik? That sure wasn't bad.

8. Favourite romance or romantic encounter.
    Pass.

11. Favourite crossover (from other King stories) character, place or event.
    It was exciting when The Waste Lands evoked both It with the Turtle and The Stand with Flagg.
    This is an interesting question because none of the connections to other books really worked solidly on a plot level, if you think about it. Like the still-hanging threads from Black House and the inelegant patch-in of Insomnia. (Or the tenuous parallel of DT to "The Mist.") They really contribute more in a thematic sense.
    In all ways, though, I guess that at this point I'll pick Hearts in Atlantis for my favorite.

12. If you were dissatisfied with Flagg's demise, how would you have liked him to go out?
    Okay. Sheemie doesn't die, either; he travels on with Roland and Susannah. They run into TMIB instead of Dandelo. Sheemie uses his power to teleport in Carol Gerber, Lucy Swann, and Thomas of Delain. They all join in on beating him with 2x4s.

I was most excited to read the last one, right after I finished the first one. lol

Would you rather hear about how worked up I got when WaG was first released?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know. Possibly DTVII. About a week before it was released I talked my friends who worked at a local Waldenbooks into illegally letting me read it in the back room of the store. For several hours for two days straight I sat in their stock room on a little footstool reading it nonstop. Then I began rereading.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Most excited to read-
    The Gunslinger.I had been waiting to read this series for over ten years.First of all I wanted the story to be finished before I started it and second I wanted to get more of sai Kings work read before I tackled the masterpiece.So at the start I was most excited to read the Gunslinger but I loved this series so much that it changed at the end of every book and I was most excited for the next one.
    Suppose that all worlds, all universes, met at a single nexus, a single pylon, a Tower.

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    I don't know. Possibly DTVII. About a week before it was released I talked my friends who worked at a local Waldenbooks into illegally letting me read it in the back room of the store. For several hours for two days straight I sat in their stock room on a little footstool reading it nonstop. Then I began rereading.
    You are a diehard and I can respect that!Your friends must have been curious what kind of story could make someone that rabid to read it.Did any of the friends go on to read TDT?
    Suppose that all worlds, all universes, met at a single nexus, a single pylon, a Tower.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

All of them, really.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Bitchy

14. A character you thought or hoped would be in the series, but wasn't.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No one, to be honest. Towards the end, I was just so into the story and all involved, I had no specific thought towards who may or may not make it into the storyline.

But, now I'm done, I'm glad Sai King left it as he did. It's just about perfect.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

The last one. I mean, who wasn't so excited to pick that up and find out of the Ka-Tet made it to the tower?!?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingMan79 View Post
    You are a diehard and I can respect that!Your friends must have been curious what kind of story could make someone that rabid to read it.Did any of the friends go on to read TDT?
    Well, they all knew how obsessed I am. I'd had them hold about $400 in books for me a time and I'd actually just hang out in the bookstore from opening to closing when I wasn't working. My current roommates worked there and my closest friend did also. My roommate had already read the first four books. He still hasn't read the rest. The manager there at the time read the series on my pushing him towards it and a couple others read parts if not all of it.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingMan79 View Post
    Well, they all knew how obsessed I am. I'd had them hold about $400 in books for me a time and I'd actually just hang out in the bookstore from opening to closing when I wasn't working. My current roommates worked there and my closest friend did also. My roommate had already read the first four books. He still hasn't read the rest. The manager there at the time read the series on my pushing him towards it and a couple others read parts if not all of it.
    That is pretty cool.At least you had a couple of people to talk to about the story.I can't imagine starting this series and not finishing it.That probably would drive me bonkers.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I was really hoping the boys from EOTD would turn up, as they left to find Flagg. And I had a slight hankering to see Jack Sawyer too.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still looking forward to Jack Sawyer's next appearance.

An EotD sequel and a HiA sequel would also be great.

I'm all for more TDT books.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

none, i just enjoyed the ride, there were one of two i would have prefered NOT to see, but no one that i was waiting for

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did not think of anyone, because I always treated TDT as a sort of "stand-alone" book(s) despite its connections to other SK works.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
    I was really hoping the boys from EOTD would turn up, as they left to find Flagg. And I had a slight hankering to see Jack Sawyer too.
    This.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Bitchy

15. Favourite artist from the series.

My Mood
    Breezy

Jae Lee.

Country
    Country Flag

Michael Whelan

...and Jae Lee

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Michael Whelan. His work just crushes me with it's brilliance.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast