Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: DT Questionnaire *Spoilers*

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lisey Landon View Post
    5. Favourite place, from all worlds/levels of the Tower.
    River Crossing

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

A bit late, but hopefully not too late

Favourite protagonist of the series and why.

Eddie Dean, i loved his journey from junkie to hero. He was sensitive and and funny.

Favourite Antagonist
    Rhea of the Coos - they don't come much badder than this, she still gives me nightmares

Favourite original ka-tet member
    if i had to choose i would go for Alain, but i never really cared for the original Ka-Tet. I always just wanted to go back to the new guys

4. Favourite creature/beast/hybrid.[/QUOTE]
    Mordred - my favourite mis-understood creature

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    River Crossing
    agreed, i would like to live there

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Favourite place, from all worlds/levels of the Tower.

Mmm, from any world? A comfy sofa in my home in this world, where I can sit with a book in one hand and an apple or peach in the other.
    Otherwise, I have a feeling that I would have enjoyed a visit to Gilead.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

5. Favourite place, from all worlds/levels of the Tower

It's not by any means my favorite place, but I was always fascinated by Lud. You know, in a sort of scientific, "what the hell" sort of way. But it was always fun to read about...

As far as a place to actually go, I'd like Gilead, methinks

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

New York, NY

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

6. Most memorable quote.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

6. Most memorable quote.
    "Go then. There are other worlds than these."

That one has been my favorite quote since I first read it in 6th grade. I don't know why, but it just really strikes me.
    My other favorite is Gan's Prayer, that Roland says to Jake in the Keystone world before the burial. I didn't start crying until then.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kill if you will, but command me nothing

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm, hard to say - during the 15 years with TDT my favorites have changed a few times.
    I'll go with these two:
    1) Sometimes 'tis best to swing on the rope, even if it's too dark to see if the hay's there or not.
    2) Speak, companion of my bosom's dearest tenant.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

6. Most memorable quote.

"There will be water if God wills it."

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

6. Most memorable quote.

Stand, and be true.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe a bit cliche, but:

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

In the contex of DTVII, not DTI. The same, yet completely different.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

4. Favourite creature/beast/hybrid.

Oy!

The empty lot with the rose.

6. Most memorable quote.

"But not for you Gunslinger, never for you. You darkle, you tinct. May I be brutally frank? You go on."

Gunslinger Apprentice maerlyns_rainbow is on a distinguished road maerlyns_rainbow's Avatar

I've missed a day or two. I've had a sick baby

Favorite place:
    I'm fascinated by Fedic, and The Castle Discordia. I love how when Mia pulls Susannah from there, the whole world rips in two.

Favorite quote:
    So do we pass the ghosts that haunt us later in our lives; they sit undramatically by the roadside like poor beggars, and we see them only from the corners of our eyes, if we see them at all. The idea that they have been waiting there for us rarely crosses our minds. Yet they do wait, and when we have passed, they gather up their bundles of memory and fall in behind, treading in our footsteps and catching up, little by little.
    --Wizard and Glass, when Roland sees Susan in the window.
    As the scorpion said to the maiden as she lay dying, "You knowed I was poison when you picked me up." Jonas, WaG

We're all mad here!--The Cheshire Cat

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

6. Most memorable quote.

"Go then. There are other worlds than these."

there are more that i like, but this is the most memorable to me

My Mood
    Bitchy

7. Best fight scene.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

7. Best fight scene.
    Eddie's naked fight.

And it's not just because Eddie was naked. It was very well-written, intense, and proved that Eddie was a true gunslinger.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That was mine too, same reasons

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    7. Best fight scene.
    Eddie's naked fight.

And it's not just because Eddie was naked. It was very well-written, intense, and proved that Eddie was a true gunslinger.
    Also, that same fight carried over into the sub-scene (to coin a phrase) of the beach. Altogether great.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Spoiler:
    Where Jake was laid to rest.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

6. Most memorable quote.
    You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served.

7. Best fight scene.
    The one where Enrico and his men get their due.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    7. Best fight scene.
    Eddie's naked fight.

Fuck yes.
    This entire scene rocked. It's not just my favorite fight scene, but one of my favorite parts from the entire series.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

7. Best fight scene.

The fight at Tull. Such a tense shootout, and the only time we get to see Roland at his full gun slinging potential.

Country
    Country Flag

7. Best fight scene.
    The gas station.

My Mood
    Bitchy

8. Favourite romance or romantic encounter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast