Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: DT Questionnaire *Spoilers*

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Lisey Landon View Post
    10. Which Beam Guardian were you most drawn too?
    The Rabbit.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Turtle by a mile and a half.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

The Turtle.
    I even started somewhat collecting them after reading the book.
    Figurines, not real ones.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    The Turtle.
    I even started somewhat collecting them after reading the book.
    Figurines, not real ones.
    we collect them too!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

11. Favourite crossover (from other King stories) character, place or event.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My all-time favorite Stephen King book is 'Salem's Lot, so that wins by default

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Favorite Guardian of the Beam-
    The Turtle.Some IT spoilers

Spoiler:
    The Turtle(Maturin) and I'll be an echo and use "by a mile and a half".I remember being very young on my first read of IT and remember clearly loving the Ritual of Chud where I came accross the Turtle for the first time.I also remember early on in the book Georgie goes to the basement to grab some Turtle wax and we are led to believe there is something pretty heavy about the turtle symbol(and we were right to believe that).I think i'm going to dig out IT today and read the Ritual of Chud section because I remember some pretty intense dialog between Stuttering Bill and the Turtle.I'm sure a few of you have gone back to some old King books to re-read for Dark Tower connections and if memory serves me correctly I think this exchange between Bill and the Turtle will elude to the world of the Dark Tower.I could be wrong but I swear when I read"See the turtle of enormous girth....."I had an overwhelming sense of deja vu like i had read that poem somewhere before.I'm rambling but one thing is for sure;I was always drawn to the Turtle even way back then and I feel like that's some pretty intense stuff.Ka is a wheel for sure.....

Favorite crossover-
    I loved seeing Ted Brautigan again.It was like running into an old friend.You know the one you really get excited to see cause you know the conversation will be great and you have so much to catch up on.Not the one with the same old boring and predictable small talk"how ya been?-where ya workin?-married?-kids?....awkward couple of seconds....well good seeing you."No not Ted.I wanted to grab lunch or a couple of beers and really hear what's good 'ole Ted has been up to all these years.Yes running into Ted again was the bees knees.
    Suppose that all worlds, all universes, met at a single nexus, a single pylon, a Tower.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

alcanto -

Salem's Lot was the first SK book that I read, so it was interesting to meet Father Callahan again in DT5.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine too! Hence it automatically being my favorite. That tends to be the case with me - the first (or near enough) book of an author I read tends to be my favorite.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    My all-time favorite Stephen King book is 'Salem's Lot, so that wins by default
    it does

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingMan79 View Post
    Favorite crossover-
    I loved seeing Ted Brautigan again.It was like running into an old friend.You know the one you really get excited to see cause you know the conversation will be great and you have so much to catch up on.Not the one with the same old boring and predictable small talk"how ya been?-where ya workin?-married?-kids?....awkward couple of seconds....well good seeing you."No not Ted.I wanted to grab lunch or a couple of beers and really hear what's good 'ole Ted has been up to all these years.Yes running into Ted again was the bees knees.
    Everything you said.

I love Ted, he's one of the best characters in the series.

Games Mistress Lisey Landon is on a distinguished road Lisey Landon's Avatar

My Mood
    Bitchy

12. If you were dissatisfied with Flagg's demise, how would you have liked him to go out?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

12. If you were dissatisfied with Flagg's demise, how would you have liked him to go out?
    I was completely satisfied.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I dunno if I was necessarily dissatisfied with his demise. I certainly didn't have anything planned for such an occasion. But it would have been nice to see him go out in more of a fight, perhaps.

Country
    Country Flag

he had never fought before, why should he have done it then?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's what I don't know...it just would have been more exciting, I guess? It was just anticlimactic for me. Like I said, I didn't really have a problem with it, but if I had to change it, that's what I would have done.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

He was a constant thorn in Roland's side - to say the least - he should have met his end at the hands of the gunslinger. I would have loved if he was the final obstacle , standing before Roland and the Tower. I agree with Alkanto's sentiment of his demise feeling anti-climatic.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well since, previously,
    The Stand
    what death could possibly have not been anti-climactic?

My Mood
    Breezy

I honestly have never really had a solid opinion about that. Yes, it feels anticlimactic, but I also don't have any idea how else it could have gone.

Gunslinger Apprentice maerlyns_rainbow is on a distinguished road maerlyns_rainbow's Avatar

Best fight scene:

The gas station in book 7 or Eddie and Roland's fight at The Leaning Tower.

Favorite romance:

Eddie and Susannah

Background character that deserved a bigger storyline:
    I really liked John Cullum, but maybe that's just because he's freshest in my mind at the moment (I'm re-reading the series and am on book 7 now)

Beam guardian I'm most drawn to:
    Turtles. I dunno why. I just like turtles.

Favorite tie-in:
    The Stand. Probably my favorite book. Ever.
    As the scorpion said to the maiden as she lay dying, "You knowed I was poison when you picked me up." Jonas, WaG

We're all mad here!--The Cheshire Cat

Gunslinger Apprentice maerlyns_rainbow is on a distinguished road maerlyns_rainbow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenant View Post
    I was completely satisfied.
    Me too. I was not sorry to see him go.
    As the scorpion said to the maiden as she lay dying, "You knowed I was poison when you picked me up." Jonas, WaG

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Well since, previously,
    The Stand
    what death could possibly have not been anti-climactic?
    Yes, exactly!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Ted Brautigan.
    I was so excited to see him show up in DT. His character was one I felt attached to after reading Hearts In Atlantis. So...to get more story with him was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    I dunno if I was necessarily dissatisfied with his demise. I certainly didn't have anything planned for such an occasion. But it would have been nice to see him go out in more of a fight, perhaps.
    Tru dat.
    His death should have been a bigger "deal" than it was.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

7. Best fight scene.

eddies first gun fight (or naked eddies gun fight)
    as has been discussed, the writing flowed really well and i got really caught up in the moment of the fight. It was also the first time you really knew Eddie was going to be a gunslinger, i just wanted to punch the air and yell 'hell yeah'

8. Favourite romance or romantic encounter.

Eddie and Susannah

9. Background character that deserved a bigger storyline:

Aunt Talitha and all at River crossing

The Bear

The Stand and Flagg, i honestly got a goosebumps when he first appeared
    which leads nicely to.....

12. If you were dissatisfied with Flagg's demise, how would you have liked him to go out?[/QUOTE]

The FIRST reading - god i was disappointed, he had been built up to be this big bad and he was just so pathetic at the end.
    But.... on subsequent readings of both DT and the Stand, i realised he was actually a very puny character who was being used all along, (even in the Stand) so in fact his demise was quite fitting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast