Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: thedarktower.com has been sold -- the forum is moving to a new URL

Traveler wganz is on a distinguished road

Been through such a conversion before with a "sporting rifle" forum. it wasn't a friendly move like this due to a registrar's hijack of the domain name when they tried to upgrade the servers. But it all ended up well. with this being preplanned, I don't foresee any problem other than us having to edit our bookmarks.

Congrats on the sell of the domain name!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay apostrophe!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Less saturated, and apostrophe added banner up.
    Yeah! Looks great, RF! Well done.

First post updated with the new URL. Members were either ambivalent to the "fans" name-or absolutely hated it.
    We are going to use www.kingsdarktower.com
    Right now it redirects, but we own both domain names.
    Actually we also own several cool URL's with the .mobi extension. I am investigating how to take advantage of them to bring more guests-and then members here.
    Excellent. A name to be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Yay apostrophe!
    This!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by wganz View Post
    Been through such a conversion before with a "sporting rifle" forum. it wasn't a friendly move like this due to a registrar's hijack of the domain name when they tried to upgrade the servers. But it all ended up well. with this being preplanned, I don't foresee any problem other than us having to edit our bookmarks.
    gunsandgame? I was there when that happened. Or was that thehighroad? Can't remember.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Yay apostrophe!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks awesome Jerome!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Less saturated, and apostrophe added banner up.
    Looks great, Jerome!

John

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not been here for awhile, just heard the news.

Congradulations on the sale!!! That is great for you guys.

Love the new name and the new banner.

Will be seeing you all on and off until the end of time.

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

WoW, I certainly picked the right day to pop in here after all this time! Big news indeed.

Congratulations Matt, Dora, Hannah and Aaron anjd thanks for all that you have done for the community, a great success.

Jerome has been here (and on TDT.net before that) for as long as I can remember and I have no doubts about his love for the forum and the members new and old. No need to worry about anything I'm sure.

My thanks Jerome, this is one big acquisition to take on, congratulations.

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the sale guys! Hope the move goes smoothly
    Had to pop in and make one last post before the big haul!
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not happy about the URL move, but if this is what Sai King feels is best then I have no issue switching over. Congratulations on the sale, and well done in helping make Sai King's life a little easier. I'm sure Jerome is going to do a fantastic job spearheading the new project!

Thank you Matt, Dora, and all others who have helped to make me feel welcome and loved on this forum. TheDarkTower.com will always be remembered as my third home (my second being college ).

I'll see everyone on the other board once it's up!
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Breaking news! I was just able to acquire the domain www.thedarktower.org

Should be fate. first .net, then .com, now .org

Thoughts?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds great! I like the progression, too!

John

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Breaking news! I was just able to acquire the domain www.thedarktower.org

Should be fate. first .net, then .com, now .org

Thoughts?

Love it!!!

-Clay

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful!!

Life is a garden...dig it!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like that we can keep thedarktower, but, we're not really an organization...
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I like that we can keep thedarktower, but, we're not really an organization...
    Nor is Craigslist.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Exactly my point.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

we're an organization, damnit. We're fans that are organized.

I say go for it, Jerome. We can keep the banner that way, and not have to change it. Plus it's better just because it is. I like it.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

As Jerome already knows, I very much like "thedarktower.org." Most comments on the new url have been that people want a name as similar as possible to the existing one. This fits the bill. Also, like John Hanic, I like the progression.

EDIT:

JB: Well said.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some people are gonna bitch if you hang 'em with a new rope.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That is the best way I have ever heard the sentiment stated.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default relllllaaaaxxxxx..... :)

I don't see what all the drama is for just a URL change.

Jerome is more than capable to keep things up and running and all that is going to change is .com become .org

Take a deep breath, have a nice cup of tea and relax.

On a side note, how much did you clear in the sale, Matt? Was there a non-disclosure agreement or can you spill the proverbial beans? Didn't see it mentioned anywhere, so figured I'd ask.

I've been on hiatus, but will definitely be ready for the massive change. I'm packing all my stuff, writing letters to everyone I need to and will be ready on move day....oh wait....all I have to do is just bookmark the new URL and then I'm all set. That's easy.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

I got an email about this for some reason.

If the reins are changing hands completely, I might actually come back.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I got an email about this for some reason.

If the reins are changing hands completely, I might actually come back.
    Hey Chris, it's good to see you, man. As far as I know Jerome and Patrick own the site. As for in what capacity our previous directors will be around I'm not sure. At the very least I hope they will all stick around as members. As for them staying on staff I'm not sure, but I have no doubt they'd be more than welcome to stay should they choose to do so. That however will be an individual choice on all their parts. Personally I hope they do.

You'd be welcome to return, of course. I'd be happy to see you around here.

I could not be more pleased about the .org name. I know it's probably silly, but I am thrilled we are still tdt. We have had those initials a LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGG time.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    As for them staying on staff I'm not sure, but I have no doubt they'd be more than welcome to stay should they choose to do so. That however will be an individual choice on all their parts. Personally I hope they do.
    so do bears

I could not be more pleased about the .org name. I know it's probably silly, but I am thrilled we are still tdt. We have had those initials a LOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGG time.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast