Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: thedarktower.com has been sold -- the forum is moving to a new URL

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Ugh. I do not know how to feel about this. At all.

ETA: If you got what I even guess you got for the site name, though, I have to say I totally would have done the same thing.

Thanks for all your hard work, guys. I know people have to move on and all, but change is always hard.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice TLC is on a distinguished road TLC's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting news,,...AND I'm gonna follow you all!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, excuse my translation, but HOW is TDT.com the same as StephenKingFans.com?

Doesn't StephenKing.com cover that?

My dissenting ass will go away now. Far, far away.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it was an effort to make the domain subject a bit more expansive Daggers.

The site is actually about a whole bunch more than just the Dark Tower.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, in that case, I think I am done.

My apologies.

I honestly can't see what the difference is from that and stephenking.com.

Trust me, I suspect you all made bank on this, and I don't begrudge you at ALL. Hell, I WISH I'd been in on it.

But I think I'm done.

Not your fault, at all - please don't think that - but this is not what I signed on for. SK can write his own freaking Towerpedia. Or Robin can do it.

I think I am done.

I'd like to stay on, but frankly, I don't think this is my path right now.

Sorry, guys.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's okay Dags. Everyone has to follow their heart.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I know.

Thanks Matt. I'm going to really miss this. But the new incarnation just doesn't do it for me.

I feel like I've lost my family. It sucks.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hope you guys got a very good deal too!

Thanks jerome for continuing it!
    Need to remember updating my bookmarks

You guys should put a r301 redirection, that way nobody will get lost. At least for a month. Yhrn jordan could take it off

Am sure that you guys will get a link from the upcoming webpage
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm actually surprised it took this long before the domain name was purchased by mr. King's team. Anyway, since the content of the site and forum (and hopefully the members too!) will stay online I have no problems with the new URL at all. A big thank you to the soon-to-be-former directors and good luck, Jerome.

(although why exactly the soon-to-be-former directors will 'quit', I don't understand. But that's okay, I don't need to know about the inner workings )

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

All for the good, it seems. I agree that's it's pretty cool to have sold the domain to The Man himself!

And nothing against Jerome here - in fact THANK YOU - but is there some reason you don't want to "keep the reins", Matt et al? Is there something I've missed by being out of pocket lately?

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Question: will this URL redirect to the new one, or will it have just a note saying "this site is no longer at this URL but at this one", or something like that?

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    <...>is there some reason you don't want to "keep the reins", Matt et al?
    This is what I too would like to know.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am hoping everyone is set to move by the time we make the switch. I can find out about the redirect here for a week or so.

To answer your question Gretchen. I am not actually leaving because I need to teach Jerome how to use the forum software.

For me it has just been about money and time. I literally make a 3rd of what I did when I started this site and have even less time so I simply can't afford it. This site costs to run every single day.

Jerome is going to assume that responsibility so the community can continue and I will be there to help him. The person who pays is the person running things and that is Jerome now.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I will still be there! Congrats Matt and good luck Jerome!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears have been here forever, and will stay whatever happens

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be there (here, whatever). Just so it doesn't become a "moderator-driven" forum, like that at StephenKing.com. Waiting to have your post cleared drives me crazy! (Even crazier than I am now! )

John

Country
    Country Flag

God forbid.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I am totally sure that won't happen.

If fact, I can't imagine any rules that will change as far as how the board is ran.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

A rose is a rose is a rose. It's not the name, it's the people here who we all interact with, every day, for good or bad, happiness or sorrow, information or enlightenment. I look forward to the new sight, although I'll still be sitting here in the same place, talking to the same wonderful people. Good luck Matt and Jerome!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I forgot to say that! Best of luck to everyone!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    A rose is a rose is a rose.
    This is, basically, what I was trying to say, here and elsewhere.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Congratulations Matt and Dora, Hannah and Aaron! Congratulations to us all. I wonder what will happen in future....can it be possible that the site will remain the same? I sure hope so, but honestly I'm not so sure its possible. Sai King huh? *faints* "That's just so awesome"!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by alinda View Post
    ....can it be possible that the site will remain the same? I sure hope so, but honestly I'm not so sure its possible.
    why not? nothing substantial is changing, is anything?

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Well if www.stephenking.com is anything to measure it by, then I think our board will be ___, cooked. I hope NOT, as it is I am more than willing to stay and see what happenes. My brain just cant seem to grab ahold of all this right now.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast