Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the next round ?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Martin Scorsese

18 64.29%
  • Akira Kurosawa

10 35.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TGDT - Quarter Finals - Scorsese vs Kurosawa

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TGDT - Quarter Finals - Scorsese vs Kurosawa

Martin Scorsese's IMDB Page
    Notable films: Goodfellas, Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Shutter Island, The Departed

Akira Kurosawa's IMDB Page
    Notable films : Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, The Hidden Fortress, Throne of Blood, Ran, Rashomon, Shadow Warrior

Reminder : In case of a tie in the polls, the posts below will serve as the final tie breaker so please make sure to clearly indicate whom you're voting for !

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Definitely Kurosawa.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Marty for me.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Scorsese

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Marty for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Scorsese
    Make that 3
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I tied it up again. This could be another close one.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I put Scorcese up. On a kick from him now. Just watched The Aviator and Taxi Driver...going to watch Raging Bull and Gangs of New York next.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears do not like what they see at the moment

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Had to go with Scorsese.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Kurosawa
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Marty for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by alkanto View Post
    Scorsese
    Make that 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I put Scorcese up. On a kick from him now. Just watched The Aviator and Taxi Driver...going to watch Raging Bull and Gangs of New York next.
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Had to go with Scorsese.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I could maybe have voted Scorcese if he hadn't made that gangster movie that Fernando and Amanda are convinced deluded enough to believe is the best.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Kurosawa

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I could maybe have voted Scorcese if he hadn't made that gangster movie that Fernando and Amanda are convinced deluded enough to believe is the best.
    Hey, the back of the box clearly states "The Greatest Mob Movie Ever! -Roger Ebert"

Roger Ebert doesn't lie !

Country
    Country Flag

bears still do not like what they see

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Hey, the back of the box clearly states "The Greatest Mob Movie Ever! -Roger Ebert"

Roger Ebert doesn't lie !
    Perhaps not, perhaps he's on the good drugs instead.

Actually I love Goodfella's. I just like fuckin' with y'all about it. And if it weren't for The Godfather trilogy I'd say it was the best.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I, on the other hand, am ecstatic at what I see

Country
    Country Flag

bears are totally indifferent to gangsters and gangster movies

My Mood
    Gay

Gosh... how unusual, my choice actually winning ?!??!?

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Country
    Country Flag

how do you mean, unusual? your choice won only five days ago, and my heart is still bleeding

My Mood
    Gay

Guess I'm still dwelling on Spielberg.

Country
    Country Flag

yes, darling, I know. Some wounds can never be healed.

My Mood
    Gay

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Scorsese.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    bears are totally indifferent to gangsters and gangster movies
    You should watch The Sopranos
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast