Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter (spoilers)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

And I think they were prepping us for this when Dexter's brother "came back."

We know that Geller existed but vanished. Could Travis be responsible for his death? Might that have been his trigger?

And regarding LaGuerta -- I can't think of anyone else who she would cover for. There aren't any other possibilities among the existing, known cast. I'd be disappointed if they brought in some random dude to fit the bill.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know, her tone while she was on the phone didn't sound like a way she'd talk to Matthews. It sounded much more informal. I think it's someone unexpected. Battista, maybe?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tonights episode was pretty damn good in my opinion

Spoiler:
    I can not believe we called the whole Geller being dead thing. Even though I was thinking it, and there was plenty of evidence supporting it, I was a little shocked when he found Geller's body in the fridge
    If you love me then love me..

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, there we have it! Case closed on Gellar.

I agree that it was a pretty good episode. However, did they really need to beat us over the head with Dexter's V.O.? "Gellar's dead! He's been dead the whole time! Travis is the lone DDK! Travis thinks Gellar's alive!" I mean, come on.

And Matthews IS the mystery hotel room guy, which was kind of interesting. Looks like Deb might end up getting him canned! However, if it doesn't go anywhere else, it's a waste.

And Louis having the hand?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I'm surprised Feev hasn't been in here to gloat about his theory being right yet.

Ricky, Louis having the hand was a complete weird and random twist for me. All I can think is that he's one of those serial killer fanboys (which could explain his weird obsession with Dexter) and he may be on to Dexter.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Country
    Country Flag

Ugh, that's what I was thinking, and I hope that's not it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Okay -- I'll boast! I called both the Chief thing and the Geller thing! As for the hand -- Masuka tasked him with finding it or at least making sure it didn't trace back to him. The guy is obviously an obsessive collector. I'm not sure he's connected it to Dexter, though. Where would that lead, with only three episodes next.

The moment I saw the deep freeze, I knew what it meant. Deep freezes in murder mysteries always contain bodies. It's the law!

You call that a knife? This is a knife!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My question about Gellar at the moment is...has he been dead the entire season or did this happen during some mid-way point? While it's a great twist it's almost a shame because I was enjoying Adama's...I mean Gellar's character and how he seemed so elusive it was almost as if God was protecting him (kind of akin to the movie Frailty) but this does make some sense. As long as we still see Edward James Olmos in the next three episodes I'll be happy. He's awesome.

On a side note....when did Deb discover Rudy was Dexter's biological brother? I don't really recall that come up during the seasons but I could just forget. It's been years since I saw the first three seasons.

It's kind of funny for Louis to have the hand because as he was talking about collecting and how he doesn't usually bring anyone in there I joked to my friend 'BECAUSE I COLLECT HUMAN FINGERS!" then we see the hand.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Mattrick, on the ShoRunners thing after Sunday's episode they addressed that Gellar has been inside Travis's head all season.

And Dexter's quick evaluation of the body told him that Geller had been dead a long time.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I think when it comes down to the last episode Dexters sister is either gonna walk in on him killing the DDK and next season revolves around what they're gonna do. OR it's gonna happen next season that she finds out.

My Mood
    Amused

Yeah, her sessions with the psychologist is definitely leading me to believe Deb is going to find out something. What does everyone think about Louis? Does he know about Dexter? I feel like he does. He specifically mentioned The Bay Harbor Butcher when talking to Dexter. It just seemed too coicidental for Louis not to know. I also think his Eliot search engine is tracking Dexter's activity online.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm ignoring everyone's posts for now because I haven't seen this weeks episode, "Ricochet Rabbit".

In regards to last week's episode, "Get Gellar" - WELL ! I think we all saw that coming, didn't we ?

It was a bit frustrating watching Dexter go through the motions of 'helping' Travis since most of us knew about the twist that was waiting for us, HOWEVER I have to admit that I was still fairly entertained during this ep. It was fast paced, tension filled, creepy etc. Vintage Dexter. The 'Bring the false prophet to the church' and Dexter's discovery of Gellar's body probably rank up there with my all time favorite Dexter scenes. Great stuff.

Apparently the last three episodes of this season will set an 'end game' tone for the Dexter series which is purported by the creators to end by Season 8.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think that Louis would know about Dexter, unless they pull some crappy twist where it turns out he has another brother.

But...next week's episode is called "Talk To the Hand" so maybe that's referencing the Ice Truck Killer evidence?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I agree that they seem to be setting us up for Deb to find out about Dexter. For me the telling moment came when Dexter and Deb talk about Travis's sister, and how she thought he was a good guy. That and the therapy sessions where Deb now realizes that Dexter is her safe place. What happens to her if that gets yanked away.

On an unrelated note, I wonder how therapeutic it is for Jennifer Morrison when her character gets to say Fuck You (maybe several times during retakes) to her ex-husband!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    On an unrelated note, I wonder how therapeutic it is for Jennifer Morrison when her character gets to say Fuck You (maybe several times during retakes) to her ex-husband!
    I've been watching them very closely this season because of thier divorce. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to work so closely with your ex, even if you split mutually.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Country
    Country Flag

Morrison? Do you mean Carpenter?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've wanted to see this show for a long time, but it looks like I'll have to wait longer. It does not seem to be on Netflix.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Netflix used to have The first couple seasons on streaming, then they took it off (at the end of summer?)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

bastards
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

OH MAN! Next week is gonna be good.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally all caught up !

I have to say that I'm not sure how to feel about the Deb being possibly in love with Dexter thing. If that's what the creators were talking about when they said that something this season would shape the remainder of this series, every exchange between the two is going to feel awkward. I dunno. What do you guys think ?

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Say waaa? I haven't watched Sunday's episode yet (but i'm the spoiler queen so I came in here anyways) and reading what Feev wrote I'm all "Ewww".
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

There's even a scene where she imagines him kissing her. It's definitely odd and that whole twist caught me completely off guard.

This was a more unpredictable twist than the whole Gellar thing

An interesting decision -- I would have ended the episode about 30 seconds sooner, even though the previews for next week would reassure anyone of the outcome. And that wasn't the development between Deb and Dex that I was expecting!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast