Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter (spoilers)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

OT : I passed through there a few days ago, and I always remember you saying "That was a BIG switch!"

LIKE A BOSS.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I'm the biggest dork ever.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I had a suspicion about who shot Brother Sam based on the dog's behavior during the vigil at the garage. Like the Sherlock Holmes story about the dog that didn't bark in the night time.

OK -- so who anticipated what happened in the last 15 seconds of this week's episode? Not me.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

If you mean Little Brother, certainly not me. That moment swept the rug out from under me.

I had a feeling Dexter was going to kill Nick anyway though, I just didn't think it would be such a grisly murder.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    And yes, I loved the killing of Nick. Every one of Dexter's kills up until that point point had been by product of cool assessment and meticulous planning, but this was the first reactionary kill where Dexter had no choice but to succumb to the explosion of rage within him; hence, the 'arrival' of his dark passenger.
    One of my favorite kills (how twisted does that sound?!) in the series. It reminded me heavily of Dexter's rage killing of that guy in the bathroom last season. Just goes to show you how great Michael C. Hall is in putting just intense emotion into the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Oh fuck, I just realized .. if my theory is true, that means I just ruined that shit for everybody. I should have just kept it to my damn self.
    Yes, you should have!

I'll forgive you if you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Then I'm coming for you.
    I'll come, too.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

So did anyone else catch the obvious Psycho references in last night's episode?

1. The guy at the Motel was named Norm
    2. The line at the Motel "You can keep the pen if you want." (Aaron said he thought he remembered that line from Psycho.)
    3. The obvious reference of the Motel and crazy dude running it.

So do the Psycho references give us a clue about Travis Marshall and Professor Gellar's relationship? Feev had a theory about this, and I think it's very possible that Travis is very much like Norman Bates in the sense that Gellar is like Norman's mother. He may think Gellar is there, but in actuality he's acting out Gellar's part just like Norman was acting out Mother. Although it did look like next week's episode was providing a little more insight into Gellar and Travis's relationship so we may get an answer next week one way or another. The Psycho references could have been more about Dexter and Brian than Travis and Gellar.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, last night's ep definitely gave me the feeling that Gellar is all in Travis's head. He conveniently shows up the second that Travis's sister leaves the house for work.

Also, while last nights episode was pretty entertaining, it was definitely messy ... very scatter shot. They should have stretched Brian's 'return' across at least 2 or three episodes. The whole Jonah thing felt very forced and contrived.

My Mood
    Amused

I disliked the whole Brian thing. It was annoying and very Tyler Durdenish. But, on the other hand, I did think Dexter was a little more entertaining when he was being bad.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought last night's episode was one of the best so far. I would've liked Brian to stay around at least 2-3 episodes, though. If we're to infer that Dexter "running over him" was symbolic of getting rid of him, then I think the producers kind of wasted a huge opportunity here.

And the scene in the shed/barn where Dexter kills the motel guy was perfection. Absolutely amazing.

Oh, and did I hear the "whore" say that she heard two different voices? Or just that she heard one voice talking to another?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quite honestly, I thought it was hilarious when Dexter got laid. It's about time if you ask me
    If you love me then love me..

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    If we're to infer that Dexter "running over him" was symbolic of getting rid of him, then I think the producers kind of wasted a huge opportunity here.
    Agreed ... although if the producers decide to keep him around, I hope he appears in very limited doses. Just like Harry. He's great as one of Dex's alter ego, but once the novelty wears off he can be pretty annoying. Like I said, limited doses.

Oh, and did I hear the "whore" say that she heard two different voices? Or just that she heard one voice talking to another?
    !! Thanks for reminding me. I was actually going to watch that scene again to pay very close attention to what she said exactly but I forgot. I'll scrutinize the hell out of that scene when I get home from work later.

Country
    Country Flag

Let me know what you find out. I was watching/listening to that scene with your theory in mind and if she did say that she heard two distinct voices, I think that rules of the possibility of Gellar being
    Spoiler:
    Travis's DP, unless Travis is crazier than we think and impersonating Gellar's voice
    . Also, while Miami Metro was investigating the DDK murders, didn't they deduct that all the work/lifting would be a two-person job?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Amused

I think the Psycho references were put in to subtly hint at the Travis/Gellar relationship being one closer to Norman Bate's being Mother. My guess is that, if Feev's theory pans out, Travis is not seeing Gellar, but instead he's being Gellar. Big difference there.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

There you go. Acting out his deep and sadistic fantasies, if you will.

My problem with Travis is that he is not intimidating enough, I can't buy him as the central villain. Last season's Jordan Chase would have been a perfect actor for this role too. He was physically imposing and he had a slightly unhinged and unpredictable gleam in his eye, as if he was just as likely to stab you in the throat as he was to shake your hand.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yeah, I think the whole Brian thing was another way of preparing us for discovering that Geller isn't real any more. Although the preview that shows him punching Travis in the face might seem to argue against that.

Showtime Networks has ordered two more seasons of its award-winning, top-rated drama series Dexter! Production will begin on season seven in 2012. Seasons seven and eight will consist of 12 episodes each.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, as much as I love Dexter ... I think Seasons 7 and 8 should be the last. I feel like they're running out of ideas and new directions to take his character in.

Anyone else share this sentiment ?

Although I'm enjoying the show a lot, even this season, I think there is some merit in sussing out an endgame.

Country
    Country Flag

I feel the same, feev. I was sort of hoping that, if there was a 7th season, that it would be the last. There's only so many more directions they can go in without being repetitive.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I'm still clinging to my theory about Geller. Nothing from this week's episode disproves it. The last image from the preview for next week is wild!

Country
    Country Flag

Theory that Gellar is in Travis's mind? If anything, this episode totally makes me re-think that. Did Travis chain himself to the floor, then brand himself? Did he hit himself in the face with a shovel? I don't know--if the writers are trying to throw us off, they're doing a great job.

Also, what do you guys think about LaGuerta? She obviously knows something about the prostitute that OD'ed in the hotel room. Looks like she's protecting someone.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Yeah, I think it is still remotely possible that he's doing these things to himself. That he's so screwed up that he doesn't know. Dexter didn't see Geller--only reacted to Travis thinking he saw him.

La Guerta is definitely covering for someone. It almost has to be the Chief, doesn't it?

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree with Bev, I think he chained himself to the floor, branded himself and imagined Geller hitting him in the face with the shovel so he would be "unconcious" when he took/murdered his sister. It's just too telling so far to me that no one else this entire season has interacted with Geller besides Travis.

Ooooh and very interesting about Chief Matthews being who La Guerta is possibly covering for.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

I'm not sure if he's "pretending" to do these things, or if he's psychotic and truly believes Geller is making him doing these terrible things. Dissociative.

My Mood
    Amused

Well, no one else has actually seen Gellar, right? No one besides the waitress that wsa being tied up by Gellar after Travis slept with her. When Dexter broke into the church Travis saw Gellar upstairs and when Dexter looked up Gellar was gone. It's very Tyler Durden.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast