Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter (spoilers)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was pretty shocked when Brother Sam was shot. I really like his character and hope the shooting has a greater purpose and doesn't turn out to be just a "shock value" stunt. The new detective, on the other hand, I'd be okay with if he got shot.

I also really liked the Deb/Jamie fight. Dexter's reaction was priceless. Oh, and I'm hoping we get some explanation as to where the old nanny went off to. There was something off with her, and alot of other people seemed to pick up on it too. The writers said they wanted to get more in depth with her character this season so I wonder what happened.

And I still don't know how I feel about Gellar/Travis.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay seriously what the hell is up with that professor chick Quinn slept with Am I the only one that was just severely creeped out about her from the start? I mean even before they found the creepy journal she weirded me out
    If you love me then love me..

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Hot but creepy. Like Trinity's daughter.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

...who was on the Big Bang Theory last week!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Yeah -- it took me a second to place her.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

This season's been good so far. I think Brother Sam's shooting will play up Dexter belief in a higher power. He's seemed to warm up to the idea of it lately and Brother Sam had almost seemed to be protected during a few instances this season.

What confused me is that Travis told Dexter that Gellar did all the killing and he couldn't do it but...wasn't the one who took out the fruit stand guy with a Machete in the first episode? Continuity error? Or is it an example of Dexter becoming maybe two trusting of 'good' in people?

I'm glad their trying to give Matsuika some kind of plotline to himself. I can't think of any ongoing plot Matsuika has had their entire series. He's always there for his crazy explaination and twisted, sexual comments but can't think of a plot that went on for several episodes. Waiting to see what the intern count will go up to lol, 3 of them after 5 episodes. Will we have more interns than Doomsday victims? We'll see!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

He had that one plotline where he wanted people to like him in one season. That's all I can think of.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm totally drawing a blank on this one. Can anoyone tell me how Miami PD got turned onto Gellar as a suspect?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

He came up because of his reputation for writing crazy shit about Revelations.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Yep. Then they found out that he went missing from the university he worked at and is off the grid, so that puts him in the position of prime suspect.

Country
    Country Flag

Ah, now I remember. Thanks guys.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Amused

And dude, that was like two episodes ago. You should be able to remember that.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Sorry to see Sam go but glad Dexter got revenge. Based on the previews looks like its going to really mess with his mind, though. And Quinn is a wimp. He also looks like shit. He was actually pretty good looking last season but this season he looks like death warmed over. Maybe he should give the mind altering substances a break for awhile.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

After last night's episode, and more importantly the "Miss me, little brother?" bit the hamsters in my head began to turn the wheels ... I have a crazy theory :

What if Gellar is part of Travis's psyche/ his Dark Passenger ?

Now, I know what you're thinking : But he's a real person ! He was an instructor at the University! He slept with that crazy professor chick!. Yes, BUT - she also says that she hasn't seen him in years. Remember, Gellar has also not been seen for a few years. Another thing, have you noticed that whenever they show a captive at the church, the captives never mention nor speak to Gellar ? It's always Travis they speak to. Even if you can hear Gellar speaking to Travis "He's ready". Also, at the scene where Travis is making flirtatious eye contact with the waitress, she does not address Gellar, she asks only Travis if he wants more coffee (?). There was also something very suspicious about the scene yesterday where Dexter is trailing Travis and he conveniently ceases the pursuit right before Travis meets up with Gellar. Like Mattrick mentioned, Travis tells Dexter that he's incapable of killing another person, that it's always Gellar who's done it, but wasn't the former the one that hacked that fruit vendor to pieces ? Perhaps that's when his Dark Passenger assumed control ?

I started to think about this yesterday after seeing Dexter's dark passenger take form in the form of his deceased brother. If Dexter's DP can be personified by a different person, why not Travis ? Perhaps Travis met Gellar, Gellar died off screen / before the season started, but not before passing on to Travis his batshit theories regarding the Revelation.

Anyway, I know I don't have any solid evidence to back this up, but the part of me that has seen way too many film and tv show plot twists can help but wonder

What do you guys think ?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    And dude, that was like two episodes ago. You should be able to remember that.
    You should be able to distinguish differences between LOST and Fringe.

I was pretty suprised that they actually killed off Brother Sam, but it looks like that this is something that's the first link in an awesome chain reaction. According to the preview for next week: Dexter and Rudy, more Trinity killings + Jonah, AND more with Travis/Gellar. This is going to be the best episode ever.

And feev, I love your theory.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    After last night's episode, and more importantly the "Miss me, little brother?" bit the hamsters in my head began to turn the wheels ... I have a crazy theory :

Now, I know what you're thinking : But he's a real person ! He was an instructor at the University! He slept with that crazy professor chick!. Yes, BUT - she also says that she hasn't seen him in years. Remember, Gellar has also not been seen for a few years. Another thing, have you noticed that whenever they show a captive at the church, the captives never mention nor speak to Gellar ? It's always Travis they speak to. Even if you can hear Gellar speaking to Travis "He's ready". Also, at the scene where Travis is making flirtatious eye contact with the waitress, she does not address Gellar, she asks only Travis if he wants more coffee (?). There was also something very suspicious about the scene yesterday where Dexter is trailing Travis and he conveniently ceases the pursuit right before Travis meets up with Gellar. Like Mattrick mentioned, Travis tells Dexter that he's incapable of killing another person, that it's always Gellar who's done it, but wasn't the former the one that hacked that fruit vendor to pieces ? Perhaps that's when his Dark Passenger assumed control ?

I started to think about this yesterday after seeing Dexter's dark passenger take form in the form of his deceased brother. If Dexter's DP can be personified by a different person, why not Travis ? Perhaps Travis met Gellar, Gellar died off screen / before the season started, but not before passing on to Travis his batshit theories regarding the Revelation.

Anyway, I know I don't have any solid evidence to back this up, but the part of me that has seen way too many film and tv show plot twists can help but wonder

What do you guys think ?
    OMG I think you may be right. Ive been trying to remember if ANYONE other than Travis has actually talked to Gellar or even acknowledged his presence and I dont think so. Good catch on your part and cool twist on the plot

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Seriously good theory, Feev.

I watched the most recent episode last night and wow, was Dexter ever brutal when he killed Nick. The whole time Nick was laughing, I was like dude, you better watch out.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone

And yes, I loved the killing of Nick. Every one of Dexter's kills up until that point point had been by product of cool assessment and meticulous planning, but this was the first reactionary kill where Dexter had no choice but to succumb to the explosion of rage within him; hence, the 'arrival' of his dark passenger.

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post

What do you guys think ?
    I think you may be on to something. This really strikes me as being very plausible and a trick the writers haven't pulled yet and might be willing to. Also, to add to your theory: Travis is an artist - a painting restorer... and we've seen Gellar painting those really crazy things. Maybe it's Travis painting them?

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Seriously good theory, Feev.

I watched the most recent episode last night and wow, was Dexter ever brutal when he killed Nick. The whole time Nick was laughing, I was like dude, you better watch out.
    I thought the same thing. I was like, "Dexter's going to let him go." And then Nick started laughing and I said to Aaron, "Oh he done fucked himself now."

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

"Oh he done fucked himself now." I just laughed seriously hard at that.

Also, in the last episode, Travis' sister tells her class what a good painter he is. Hmmmm.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

And there was a strong emphasis on the way she said it too ...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh fuck, I just realized .. if my theory is true, that means I just ruined that shit for everybody. I should have just kept it to my damn self.

Sorry guise

My Mood
    Amused

I just told Aaron your theory and he was like, "Good job, Feev!" He thinks it's totally plausible. It's only a theory, so technically, you didn't ruin anything... unless you're right. Then I'm coming for you.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, can you at least take me to the cheesecake factory again before you eliminate me ? Thanks

My Mood
    Amused

Technically, you took me to the Cheesecake Factory. But yes, I think that can be arranged.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast