Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter (spoilers)

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Why wouldn't you want them to come back ? They were an essential part of his 'evolution' throughout the series.

I saw this past week's episode. Meh. I'm loving the uber creepage of Edward James Olmos, but his lackey doesn't convince me ... yet.

Also, Metsuka is my damn hero
    I don't want them to come back for selfish reasons. Mainly, they annoy the crap out of me. I don't want Dexter to have to worry about those kids and their issues - I want him to be free to murder with impunity. Also, Astor was hard to look at last season with her preteen vampy/trampy thing.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Spoiler:
    I don't think he was thrown off at all, if I'm remembering correctly. He was actually very close, but didn't have any concrete proof. After Dex fudged the results of Liddy's blood from Quinn's shoe to get him off the hook, they kind of called a silent "truce".
    thank you! that makes sense now

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

So ... Sunday's episode was a little blah for me. The whole toothfairy thing was not interesting. I feel like they're pushing too hard at Dexter's development this season. I'm also still annoyed with Colin Hanks and E James Olmos' characters. I know the writers are going to eventually flesh them out, but I have a hard time believing that E James Olmos has such a pull over Colin Hanks' character.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I like Mos's character a lot, too, and I'm pleased that he turned out to be a good guy -- so far, at least. I'm definitely curious to find out how Olmos and Hanks' characters ended up together and what twist created them. I also loved Ronny Cox's performance as the crotchety old tooth fairy. Deb's new hire didn't get off to a good start, but she handled him well. I had some trepidation about this season from the early promos, but so far I'm liking it, and the end of ep3 was ultra bizarre.

My Mood
    Amused

I was a little creeped out by those horses, Bev. I had seen the horses in the promos, but they intentionally edited out the part that made it so shocking.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

For a moment, I thought the horse that reared up in the church was an illusion or a hallucination. It was unexpected and seemed out of place.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, this weeks episode was the epitome of 'meh'. The toothfairy arc was painfully uninteresting, there was never that feeling that he was a formidable foe for Dexter.

That ending was awesome though, can't wait to see how they follow it up next week.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think that the eps. are getting increasingly better. I'll agree that the Tooth Fairy bit was a little uninteresting at first, but once Dexter realizes that that could be him in the future, that kind of served the purpose and made it worthwhile for me.

And Masuka's intern taking Ice Truck Killer evidence?!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think that the eps. are getting increasingly better. I'll agree that the Tooth Fairy bit was a little uninteresting at first, but once Dexter realizes that that could be him in the future, that kind of served the purpose and made it worthwhile for me.

And Masuka's intern taking Ice Truck Killer evidence?!
    I liked it too. The Masuka part was interesting indeed

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Masuka's assistant is so damn fine ...

The camera angles on her have certainly been interesting.

My Mood
    Amused

I came in here expecting interesting discourse about the show ... but instead you're all talking about Masuka's assistant's booty.

Interesting note for those of you that watched Heroes: Masuka's assistant, Ryan, was Hiro's "Nemesis" and later, Matt Parkman's girlfriend on Heroes. I think her character's name was Daphne.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, you can't blame us ! Like Bev said, the camera angles chosen to highlight her extremely well endowed ... personality have been more than favorable

On topic though : I wonder what the implications of her taking the mannequin arm are. Is the Ice Truck killer going to haunt Dexter from beyond the grave ? Is she going to end up being some sort of disciple ?

Masuka has already gone through one intern this season. Maybe it'll be like Murphy Brown, where she had a different assistant every week or two.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No love for past weeks episode ?

Olmos gets creepier with each passing EP, although his subordinate still hasn't convinced me.

Some of my favorite Dexter moments are when he admits to himself that he admires the killer's modus operandi.

My Mood
    Amused

I thought this last episode was the best so far. I do like that they're expanding Olmos' an Hanks' characters a little bit, making them a little more understandable and all that. I also loved, loved, loved the scene with Bautista and Quinn smoking up.

Quinn to Bautista, trying to get him to smoke with him: Don't you want to be cool?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This week's episode was kind of ehh to me. Aside from the last 10 minutes or so, I was a little bored. I'm really liking Brother Sam though.

I was a little disappointed from a drama perspective that the intern was only selling the ITK evidence. But from a storytelling perspective, I think that was probably a smart thing to keep it from getting too "seemingly innocent girl adores serial killer" weird and overkill.

And I'm getting worried that they're still not giving Travis and Gellar more screen time. It looks like that may change judging from next week's preview, though. Anyone remember how much of Trinity we saw this point in Season 4?

EDIT: And LaGuerta is totally back to full-bitch mode.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Holloway View Post
    I thought this last episode was the best so far. I do like that they're expanding Olmos' an Hanks' characters a little bit, making them a little more understandable and all that. I also loved, loved, loved the scene with Bautista and Quinn smoking up.

Quinn to Bautista, trying to get him to smoke with him: Don't you want to be cool?
    Thanks for reminding me ! Hell yeah, that entire scene kicked so much ass. As a frequent pot smoker I have to say they both looked convincingly blown, right down to the droopy eyes and languid body movement

Quote Originally Posted by Zep Hindle View Post
    This week's episode was kind of ehh to me. Aside from the last 10 minutes or so, I was a little bored. I'm really liking Brother Sam though.

I was a little disappointed from a drama perspective that the intern was only selling the ITK evidence. But from a storytelling perspective, I think that was probably a smart thing to keep it from getting too "seemingly innocent girl adores serial killer" weird and overkill.

And I'm getting worried that they're still not giving Travis and Gellar more screen time. It looks like that may change judging from next week's preview, though. Anyone remember how much of Trinity we saw this point in Season 4?

EDIT: And LaGuerta is totally back to full-bitch mode.
    Yeah, I'm not sure what they were planning to do with the ITK-evidence girl bit, but it played out awkwardly on screen. Maybe they had a sub plot in mind but decided to drop it ? Idk. This is of course assuming that she won't be making a return to the series.

And I agree, we definitely need more screen time with Travis and Gallar. I'd love if they dedicated a whole episode (or at least 80% of one) just to them so we can get a better feel for what they're all about.

Mos is great as Brother Smith -- I wonder what's going to befall him in the following episodes. Got a big kick out of the chief swearing at Deb. Masuka's assistant had a weird eye -- it almost disappeared when she looked him a certain way.
    Spoiler:
    The booby trap was amazing and the locusts...whoa.

Country
    Country Flag

During the locust scene all I could think was CGI...CGI...CGI.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Zep Hindle View Post
    During the locust scene all I could think was CGI...CGI...CGI.
    Lol, same here. It's a small detraction in an otherwise great episode though.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Definitely the best episode of the series so far. It's nice to see Dexter beginning to close in on the killers, although I'm surprised the writers had him interact with one of them this early in the season.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I am a bit behind on Dexter, I just watched episode 4 last night and will watch episode 5 later today.

Anyhoo, like the rest of you, I loved the Batista/Quinn smoke-up scene. Hilarious. Also, holy crap! Admiral Adama creeping out in the hallway while Colin Hanks gets it on. *shudder*
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

My Mood
    Amused

Some things I liked about last night's epsiode:

- The new detective putting his foot in his mouth with Dexter. "You seem pretty professional how do you work with the rest of those clowns in homicide?" Dexter: "Most of them are pretty good. Like my sister, Deb? Lieutenant Morgan?" Also when he told Deb, "you seem to have some fucked up shit of your own." or something like that.

- Quinn's dumbass sleeping with that potential witness. He's in trouble! Why can't he just keep it in his pants?

- Dexter in Travis's car. Travis will be sure to look in the backseat of his car before he gets in for the rest of his life.

- Deb and the nanny fighting in front of Dexter and Dexter saying, "Would it be weird if I just left?"

- Masuka's hacker intern. "While I was on I installed a porn scrubber, because it really needed it."

Things I didn't Like:

- Brother Sam being shot. It does look like, from the previews for next week's epi, that he might make it though. Maybe this friend will last more than one season.

- Dexter let Travis go. Lame, lame, lame. I know it's part of Harry's Code, but I just wanted to see him die.

- That stupid girl who said Gellar couldn't have killed those people when she had his creepy journal drawings in a box at her house that obviously showed some weird homicidal/insane tendencies. Maybe she's in on it?

I was surprised Dexter let Travis go, too. How could he be sure Travis didn't see him in the mirror?

Sad to see Sam get shot, too, but the wounds looked survivable. Worst. Guard. Dog. Ever.

The new detective has a habit for putting his foot in his mouth. At least he came in handy when Deb was negotiating her rent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast