Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Dexter (spoilers)

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Well, that threw my theory about Zach being Dexter's downfall right out the window. What a shocking end. This entire episode did not go at all like I expected it would -- and that's a good thing. One surprise after another. I really liked it all. Everyone ending up in that motel room at the same time. The great dinner scene. At first I thought it was Quinn who was setting Zach up, and I'm still open to that possibility. Why would Vogel kill a promising student? I know she was meant to take him home (in a car older than he was).

Still so many questions and only four episodes left. What clues are in the titles?

Spoiler:

"Make Your Own Kind of Music" August 25, 2013
    "Goodbye Miami" September 8, 2013
    "Monkey in a Box" September 15, 2013
    "Remember the Monsters?" September 22, 2013

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    This entire episode did not go at all like I expected it would -- and that's a good thing.
    Why would Vogel kill a promising student? I know she was meant to take him home (in a car older than he was).
    Agreed - I didnt predict any of it and was refreshing!
    I think Vogel's ultimate plan is to screw over Dexter. Not sure of course but I dont think she is who she presents herself to be. Here's a long shot, maybe she was in love with Harry and when he killed himself she blamed Dexter?
    reality continues to ruin my life

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on this week's episode:

Lots of comedy this week: Masuka's daughter getting rid of the bad energy in the lab, Zach saying "are we there yet?" when in the car with Dexter and Hannah, etc.

I loved that dinner scene at Vogel's! They were like one twisted family.

I really didn't think Zach would die, so I was surprised like you guys were. And I was starting to like him this episode, too.

Interesting that the Brain Surgeon is still out there. Which is both intriguing and irritating. Unless they've got some stellar reveal and explanation, serious time is being wasted here (especially since there's only 4 episodes left). But why do I get the feeling that this entire season is just one big set-up for the finale? :/
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I loved that dinner scene at Vogel's! They were like one twisted family.
    But why do I get the feeling that this entire season is just one big set-up for the finale? :/
    The dinner scene was brilliant!
    Yeah, I also get the feeling there will be some big twisted reveal at the end

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Masuka's daughter getting rid of the bad energy in the lab
    And the captain's reaction to it.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally starting to get interesting, but I'm still ready for it to be over. Dexter should have let Hannah go and met her in Nassau.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SLIGHT SPOILERS REGARDING THE NEXT EPISODE!

Spoiler:
    Instead of Argentina, Dexter and Hannah run off to Germany and open a chocolate shop. This'll be the rumored spin-off series: "Murder by Chocolate"
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I have seen some pictures from the series finale and it looks interesting.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

After episode 9:

Country
    Country Flag

Just watched episode 9 and I can now say that this season has been fairly disappointing so far. I'm enjoying it, sure, but there's just no spice to the writing this year. And for THE FINAL SEASON (even the final season for ANY show) you'd think there'd be a little more raising the stakes and working to deepen the plot and character's that've already been established rather than drawing out the Brain Surgeon storyline, etc. I mean, I love Masuka's daughter and all the sub-plots but too much time is being spent on them and it is starting to feel like filler at this point. Sigh. Just think if the whole season had the promise that the dinner scene at Vogel's had.

I did, however, love the scene of Deb and Hannah having dinner together.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Twisted

Agreed. Had some good moments but could have been so much better. Hopefully the final few episodes will make up for it.

Just watched episode 9 and I can now say that this season has been fairly disappointing so far. I'm enjoying it, sure, but there's just no spice to the writing this year. And for THE FINAL SEASON (even the final season for ANY show) you'd think there'd be a little more raising the stakes and working to deepen the plot and character's that've already been established rather than drawing out the Brain Surgeon storyline, etc. I mean, I love Masuka's daughter and all the sub-plots but too much time is being spent on them and it is starting to feel like filler at this point. Sigh. Just think if the whole season had the promise that the dinner scene at Vogel's had.

I did, however, love the scene of Deb and Hannah having dinner together.

Country
    Country Flag

And can we just take a moment to reflect on how bad of a father Dexter is? Sure he loves Harrison, but that only goes so far. It's bad enough he compromises Harrison's life almost every time he goes on a kill, but now he's uprooting him from his family, school, and life in Miami and taking him out of the country to LIVE WITH ANOTHER SERIAL KILLER? THAT EVERYONE'S LOOKING FOR (though regardless of what happens, I think they'll be safe considering how inept Miami Metro is )? And let's not forget the season premiere when he left him in the car alone outside of a seedy motel to go KILL SOMEONE.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Twisted

And can we just take a moment to reflect on how bad of a father Dexter is? Sure he loves Harrison, but that only goes so far. It's bad enough he compromises Harrison's life almost every time he goes on a kill, but now he's uprooting him from his family, school, and life in Miami and taking him out of the country to LIVE WITH ANOTHER SERIAL KILLER? THAT EVERYONE'S LOOKING FOR (though regardless of what happens, I think they'll be safe considering how inept Miami Metro is )? And let's not forget the season premiere when he left him in the car alone outside of a seedy motel to go KILL SOMEONE.
    That scene made me physically sick to my stomach. He is a shitty dad no doubt but can you really expect more from a serial killer?

My Mood
    Twisted

Guess I was wrong about Vogel.
    And Deb and is back with Quinn. Wow.
    Could Hannah be so stupid as to show up in public and use Harrison's real name at the hospital?
    This episode was very disappointing.

My wife is going to be very angry when she sees this episode. She like Charlotte Rampling a lot!

Country
    Country Flag

Nadine, I'm with you. Hannah is a WANTED FUGITIVE and she doesn't try to alter her appearance at ALL? And am I the only one that found Harrison's treadmill scene unintentionally funny? I mean...it was bad. I hate when people complain about shows (I try not to be one of those people), but I continuously find it hard to believe how bad the writing is this season. I loved Dr. Vogel, though, and am sad to see her go.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Twisted

I agree with you Ricky - except for Vogel. I didnt dislike her, just thot she was a little off. Im indifferent to her demise.
    Last week's episode was so boring. How disappointing the entire hour was. Gave us a cliff hanger in the last minute or two but even that was disappointing because it was so predictable. There's no way Dexter would have let him live. Just reiterates what you said about the bad writing.
    Bummer.

Country
    Country Flag

I had really hoped that Saxon would be offed episodes ago. Sigh. He's just dragging down the story now. I wish Dex would've just killed him so we can get the proper focus on the finale that we deserve without Saxon interfering.

And is anyone else irked that, at this point, it's HANNAH being the cause for Dexter being on the run, rather than Dexter himself and his own actions? Kind of lame that he's just kind of following Hannah now, which is kind of robbing us of a nail-biting, edge-of-your-seat finale. I still have (cautious) hope for the series finale, but there's a lot of ground to be covered in the last hour.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Twisted

Ive lost all hope at this point. I just want to see if he and Hannah make it to Argentina. Seems they're trying to make Dexter "New and Improved" but are ignoring the fact that us fans love Dexter just the way he is (Vigilante Serial Killer Extraordinaire). Im not really interested in seeing a finale that includes a reformed love-sick-Ill-never-kill-again Dexter. Would rather see he and Hannah slaughter their way out of the country.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Im not really interested in seeing a finale that includes a reformed love-sick-Ill-never-kill-again Dexter. Would rather see he and Hannah slaughter their way out of the country.
    I am 100% with you. At least that would amp the suspense and tension.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty much sums up everything perfectly:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/09/20/de...season-gripes/
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

I'm just so freaking pissed that Hannah doesn't USE SOME FUCKING HAIR DYE or ANYTHING to disguise herself AT ALL.

Yes, those caps were justified. Every time I look at her, I start yelling at her. PUT ON SOME FUCKING SUNGLASSES AT LEAST.

I can't wait to get this finale over with.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

And worse finale goes to dexter. I hated it. Thank god for breaking bad to make me forget this horrible season.

My Mood
    Twisted

So basically the moral of the story is if you decide you want to be a vigilante serial killer be aware that everyone you love will die unless you become a lonely logger?
    They could have done so much more with this finale.

Well now that thats over with what other shows are out there worth seeing?

Edit: just read this

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/09/20/de...season-gripes/

and agree it sums it up perfectly

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    They could have done so much more with this finale.
    I'm still processing it, but agreed for sure.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast