Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Dexter (spoilers)

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That... was idiotic. The whole thing. Did Dexter really need to steal Deb's body? It was stupid, and somehow nobody noticed, and it was creepy and morbid and holy shit dude just let them bury her or something. Oh, and now Hannah is stuck with a kid who isn't hers, and who she has no legal custody of, while she's a fugitive. Good parenting. And the lumberjack thing, was that supposed to be mysterious? I didn't care at that point. I couldn't believe he just drove his boat into the hurricane. I saw the boat being involved later, and the storm, because they forshadowed the shit out of both of them, but I thought he and Hannah would be on the run and drive into the storm instead of being captured. You know, something that MADE SENSE.

That whole episode could have been 15 minutes long if they had cut out the shitty dialog.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

They should have killed him. But I guess him surviving just shows that he is still a selfish psychopath in the end. He faked his death to protect the people in his life but he couldn't kill himself.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Besides the fact that there is almost no way he would have survived driving a 20 foot boat into a fucking hurricane.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    Besides the fact that there is almost no way he would have survived driving a 20 foot boat into a fucking hurricane.
    Yep. They should have ended it with Hannah and Harrison in Argentina reading about his death.

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Ka-mai View Post
    That... was idiotic. The whole thing.
    That whole episode could have been 15 minutes long if they had cut out the shitty dialog.
    Agree 100%. Not sure what irritated me more, how idiotic the whole season was or the irrelevant time wasting sub-plot fillers that went nowhere like Masuka's daughter...
    reality continues to ruin my life

Country
    Country Flag

ANYWAY. If she's not going to be a killer or a corpse or a SOMETHING what is she doing there?!

I feel like they dropped the ball on so many things during the past few years.

And Joey didn't die.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I NEVER would have thought that Quinn would've survived the series.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

This is a pretty cool box set. If didn't already own all the seasons I probably would have gotten this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...f=assoc_qcb_im

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Showtime is bringing Dexter back for a limited ten show run next year.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    That's cool... if its a continuation of the story, they're going to have to work really hard to fix that blunder of an ending.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    That's cool... if its a continuation of the story, they're going to have to work really hard to fix that blunder of an ending.
    Agreed.
    spoiler
    I hope it's good.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Could I ask what exactly you mean?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Certainly;

Dexter S8

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just read the news about Dexter today and thought it was fake news. Couldn't believe they'd have the balls to bring it back after that abysmal final season and slap-in-the-face ending. I still haven't (and never will) forgiven how they treated Deb and ended her story.

Of course I'll watch the revival, but they've got some work to do to make me excited about it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Certainly;

Dexter S8
    Wow. I kind of remember that now. Thanks... I remeber it being underwhelming
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Certainly;

Dexter S8
    It was a terrible ending.

Gunslinger Apprentice Vigoran will become famous soon enough Vigoran will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Certainly;

Dexter S8
    It was a terrible ending.
    Looking forward to it so at least they can redo the official end of it if at all salvageable. Still a great ending compared to what Game of Thrones is guilty of. That one will be hard to top as the worst ending of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow I had heard rumors awhile ago Michael C Hall was up to doing another season, but didn't realize it was official. Really looking forward to this. I started rewatching Dexter about a year ago on Netflix, was in middle of season 5 when they pulled it. Fortunatly I bought the blu-rays as they seasons were completed, so finishing up with those. No in middle of season 7. Unfortunatly, only have DVD for season 8 (it was a mistake when I ordered). I hate watching DVD's, can't go back to 480P. LOL!
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Now that it's all over, I really enjoyed the new show. It was not perfect, by any means, but it did a lot of things right.

MAJOR FINALE SPOILERS:
    Spoiler:

I think it ended a little abruptly - it could have been a couple of episodes longer, better showing Dexter's letting the Dark Passenger take over completely, and showing Harrison's conflict over that. Yes, Dexter's willingness to kill innocent people in order to protect himself was made clear, but it could have been taken just a little further.

I did not care for the actor playing Harrison. I think he was the weakest lead, and I hope they don't base a spinoff/continuation on that character.

I thought using Deb as Dexter's hallucinatory replacement for his father was masterful. Does Jennifer Carpenter age? Seriously, she looks identical to Season 8 Deb. Batista's cameos were wasted, though. Neat, but he needed to show up at the end in some way.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Now that it's all over, I really enjoyed the new show. It was not perfect, by any means, but it did a lot of things right.

MAJOR FINALE SPOILERS:
    Spoiler:

I think it ended a little abruptly - it could have been a couple of episodes longer, better showing Dexter's letting the Dark Passenger take over completely, and showing Harrison's conflict over that. Yes, Dexter's willingness to kill innocent people in order to protect himself was made clear, but it could have been taken just a little further.

I did not care for the actor playing Harrison. I think he was the weakest lead, and I hope they don't base a spinoff/continuation on that character.

I thought using Deb as Dexter's hallucinatory replacement for his father was masterful. Does Jennifer Carpenter age? Seriously, she looks identical to Season 8 Deb. Batista's cameos were wasted, though. Neat, but he needed to show up at the end in some way.

HBJ
    Your spoiler is ALL the reasons this was a fail for me.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I don't think it was a fail. A solid B/B+; the drawbacks I mentioned stopped it from becoming an A or A+.

Generally, good acting, good writing, and the main story arc was worked for me. Beautiful photography, too. And I think the ending was *right* (although the execution of it fell just a little short).
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast