Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Little Sisters Of Eluria Discussion

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Ari. I'll make sure my comic guy gets me a copy.

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I didn't read #5 yet, but I really enjoyed the first four numbers of this series.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice cgallagh44 is on a distinguished road cgallagh44's Avatar

Picking up a copy of "The Little Sisters of Eluria - HC edition" next Wednesday 6/8/11.
    WANTED: FIRST EDITIONS
    1. Carrie
    2. Dark Tower The Gunslinger
    3. Salem's Lot
    4. The Shining

If you have any extra copies and would like to sell please PM me. Thanks

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

I read on some of the comic sites that "Sheemies Tale" was supposed to released in the HC edition of "Little Sisters of Eluria" but I don't see it in the HC issue. Was it supposed to be released at the same time as the HC?

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sheemie was canceled as far as I know.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

My wife got me this for Father's Day, but I'm holding off on it until I finish the actual LSOE novella. I have Everything's Eventual, but I decided to read my Grant Artist Edition instead. It felt so wrong to crack that book open, and yet it felt so right because it is such a nice volume. I love the leatherette cover, and the heavy paper they used; the artwork is beautiful as well. On a barely related note, I started reading "Locke & Key" as well, and now I wish I hadn't left that to sit on my shelf for so long.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

While I understand King and Marvel are trying to expand the audience, why wouldn't folks just read the books? Seems "wierd" to me.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I read both.

Servant of Gan Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold Robert Fulman is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

In places where the stories overlap, King's novels are vastly superior. For example, everything happens way too fast in "Gunslinger Born". There just isn't a good way, I think, to boil 500 pages of the W&G story down into a 125 page comic book that takes 30 minutes to read. I think the LSOE comic did a good job with the story, but the novella is still much better. I didn't like how the narration in the novella became Roland's spoken words in the comic. Finally, though, I do like the other comics that provide supplemental material that isn't covered in great detail in the books (although it drives me batty when they contradict the books).

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fulman View Post
    I didn't like how the narration in the novella became Roland's spoken words in the comic.
    Especially as it was often or not a monologue! I don't mind them moving text around a bit as I understand that different mediums tell the story a different way, but that chattering was just unnatural and out of character.

There was a particular example of text that was moved that was actually incorrect, at least to my eyes. There is a scene in King's version where
    Spoiler:
    Roland looks at one of the Little Sisters and gets a sense of 'variousness' when looking at her skin. I.e. the sense that she is actually made up of various smaller parts.
    The reason for this becomes evident later.

In the comic that observation is used by Roland
    Spoiler:
    when he see's Jenna's final fate. Now I understand that Jenna is becoming like the other vampire sisters. And her final fate proves that the 'variousness' applies to her too, but I didn't get the impression that Roland got that sense from her beforehand. He knew she was becoming like the other sisters, but I think that in that sense she was just like any other young woman. I got the impression that the sense of 'variousness' was something that Roland actually physically saw when looking at one of the other sisters, a sense of movement in her skin. Jenna never showed any sign of that. She just appeared one way... then when he awoke she was another. If that makes sense.

That being said, I liked the comic adaptation overall and I quite enjoyed Furth's back story concerning the sisters' origins.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Good observations.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3