Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the next round ?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Akira Kurosawa

12 54.55%
  • Orson Welles

10 45.45%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TGDT - Round 3 - Akira Kurosawa vs Orson Welles

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TGDT - Round 3 - Akira Kurosawa vs Orson Welles

Akira Kurosawa's IMDB Page
    Notable films : Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, The Hidden Fortress, Throne of Blood, Ran, Rashomon, Shadow Warrior

Orson Welles IMDB Page
    Notable Films: Citizen Kane, Touch of Evil, Mr. Arkadin, Othello, The Magnificent Ambersons

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Kurosawa

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Welles!!!!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

The Magnificent Ambersons. :sigh: Mr Welles for me.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

shit, why are all my favorites always losing???? something must be wrong with bears...

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Kurosawa, I've tied the votes

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The tie is untied.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I love you Pam! and everyone else that's voted for Welles
    I was so worried he wouldn't stand a chance against Kurosawa.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Kurosawa.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I love you Pam! and everyone else that's voted for Welles
    I was so worried he wouldn't stand a chance against Kurosawa.
    I too love you (Heather), Pam, and everyone else that's voted for Welles. I also love everyone who, like me, voted for Kurosawa.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I like Kurosawa's films, but I don't think he's better than Welles as far as atmosphere, nuance, and beauty. Welles has had a bigger influence on cinema, IMHO, as well.

Rosebud.

The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Kurosawa.

While I recognize Citizen Kane's contribution to cinema, Kurosawa was much more consistent and the sweeping scale and impact of films like Yojimbo and Seven Samurai are still felt even to this day.

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

It's tough because I love both of them so much. I have to give it to Kurosawa, though. Seven Samurai is easily one of the best films I have ever seen. Citizen Kane was good, but in my eyes the direction of Seven Samurai was nothing short of perfection.
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Kurosawa.

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

..... Dang.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Welles

Country
    Country Flag

tie at 8...

more Kurosawa votes, please?

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

# 9 number nine # 9 Kurosawa

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Is it possible to please muster up two more votes for Mr. Welles....

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, I didn't realize this poll was so close ! Kurosawa had a considerable lead to start off with ...

Country
    Country Flag

exactly

more Kurosawa votes, please, please!

Such a shame. Welles really deserved to make it a little further in this competition.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Kurosawa advances !

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Such a shame. Welles really deserved to make it a little further in this competition.
    That is true. And he would have gone further if he hadn't had to face Kurosawa now.

+ Reply to Thread