Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the next round ?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Francis Ford Coppola

17 60.71%
  • Roman Polanksi

11 39.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TGDT - Round 3 - Francis Ford Coppola vs Roman Polanski

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default TGDT - Round 3 - Francis Ford Coppola vs Roman Polanski

Francis Ford Coppola's IMDB Page
    Notable Films: The Godfather Part I, II, III, Apocalypse Now, The Outsiders, Bram Stoker's Dracula

Roman Polanski's IMDB Page
    Notable films: Chinatown, The Pianist, Rosemary's Baby, The Tenant, Repulsion
    [/QUOTE]

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Coppola.

I love me some Chinatown and The Pianist, but the first two Godfather films are some of the best pieces of film making I've ever seen.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

... and this, alas, is clearly the point where my favorite director of all times and the present tournament part company...

well... let him have at least bears' vote... (or can bears vote multiple times? after all, we're bears, in the plural?)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ... and this, alas, is clearly the point where my favorite director of all times and the present tournament part company...

well... let him have at least bears' vote...

+1

sk

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Polanski
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Coppola. I mean, The Godfather II. Yeah, Coppola.

( and frankly, as "lightweight" as some people consider it - The Outsiders is wonderful )
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

He also made what is considered by many to be the greatest war film ever made, Apocalypse Now ... a film that also stars a terrifying, mesmerizing Marlon Brando as the physical embodiment of 'War is hell, and hell is war' in the form of Colonel Kurtz.

Country
    Country Flag

Heather:

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

polanski

(i never rated the godfather films **runs and hides**)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Coppola is definitely one of my favorite directors. I absolutely love his films. He is simply brilliant.

Polanski
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Coppola.

I love me some Chinatown and The Pianist, but the first two Godfather films are some of the best pieces of film making I've ever seen.
    Now that is what I wanted to hear from you, lover!

I couldn't agree with this more!
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Even tho' my recent viewing of a certain film left me shaking....
    I will now vote for Polanski as well.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Heather:
    And thank you for getting me to watch more of his films recently. I can't believe what I was missing out on
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

*sigh* Okay. Polanski.

Country
    Country Flag

a tie at 9 is far more than bears had expected...

tant qu'y'a d'la vie y'a d'l'espoir

a jak już jest życie, że jest nadzieja

My Mood
    Gay

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpIcPde4rAo"]YouTube - do it for johnny[/ame]

Come on, Coppola !!

Let's Do It For Johnny, Man. Let's Do It For Johnny!!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, close race !

Come on Coppola !

My Mood
    Gay

Yea, come on Coppola ... Let's Do It For, Fredo, Man!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Geez, Pam... The Outsiders was good, but it just ain't all that. Come on, lol.

My Mood
    Gay

I know. I was just having fun. Sincerely, though, Coppola, people ! Vote Coppola!

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Oh. I have never voted against Coppola.

...Untill now.

Country
    Country Flag

tie at 11?...

::faints::

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I have to give it to Coppola.
    Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

My Mood
    Gay

SS !!

Coppola up by one!! Keep the Coppola votes coming !!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast