Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Christopher Nolan

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AmanDUH View Post
    Nolan Seeks Batman 3 Babe
    Director reportedly meeting with actresses for female lead.
    October 26, 2010
    I read "repeatedly"... Sorry, tired after work...

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Source: Comingsoon.net

Third Batman to be Titled The Dark Knight Rises
    Source: Hero Complex October 27, 2010

In an interview with Hero Complex, Christopher Nolan revealed that the title for his third Batman movie will be The Dark Knight Rises. He added that the villain "won't be the Riddler."

"We'll use many of the same characters as we have all along, and we'll be introducing some new ones," Nolan said cryptically. He also said that the studio has agreed with him not to shoot the film in 3D.

The Dark Knight Rises is scheduled for a July 20, 2012 release.

Read more: Third Batman to be Titled The Dark Knight Rises - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movie...#ixzz13afB84cL

Hmm...not sure how I feel about this. I was hoping for something a little more original, for lack of better words.

Pretty interesting that The Riddler won't be the villain, though! Makes me wonder what Nolan's got up his sleeve...
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

well, i'm excited

don't mind who the villian is as long as they stay true to the darkness of it all.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    ... Christopher Nolan revealed that the title for his third Batman movie will be The Dark Knight Rises. ...
    Sounds dumb.
    lol, here we go again; that's what I was saying about everything I heard about the last two prior to seeing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tenant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AmanDUH View Post
    Nolan Seeks Batman 3 Babe
    Director reportedly meeting with actresses for female lead.
    October 26, 2010
    I read "repeatedly"... Sorry, tired after work...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure how I feel about the name yet, but I'm sorely disappointed that The Riddler won't be making an appearance in TDKR ... still, I have faith in Nolan and I'm fairly positive whichever villain he chooses to utilize will both be a worthy adversary, and will also tie in to the previous two films. Can't wait for more details ...

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think what it is about the name to me is that it sounds too cliche, kind of like The Dark Knight Returns or something like that.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

That, and it sounds more upbeat than The Dark Knight. Let's face it: TDK was an all-time classic in comic book movies, and you know the secret to its success? Because it was absolutely fucking miserable (you can definitely tell that Nolan has some British blood, in this case). Our hero gets emotionally fucked over by the villain in this one, and by the end he's not even much of a hero, at least as far as the citizens of Gotham are concerned. It's the story of how a hero falls in everyone else's eyes, and yet ironically seems even more heroic to the audience as a result.

And now you want him to rise? You should torture him even more! (I'm sure Nolan will, though. Because a lot of his titles do refer to the endings more than the overall story, after all.)
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Knight Returns was great. What upsets me is The Dark Knight Strikes Again.

Country
    Country Flag

DD, I totally agree with your statement there. TDK Rises does sound a little more upbeat, a kind of "rejuvenized" Batman. In Nolan's Gotham, Batman needs to be miserable, like you said, and his world needs to remain dark. Though, I'm just going off the title here and I'm sure Nolan will deliver.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Here's another theory, though. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong and "Rises" isn't so upbeat after all - perhaps it's meant to give more of a "bad moon rising" feel to it.

Maybe in this film Batman is the villain by the end! Sounds ridiculous, but...this is Nolan we're talking about. Ever since Inception, there's nothing he could do that would surprise me. Not unless he took a bad idea and actually made it bad, at least. Nolan's just the kind of director who can take a crap idea, including make a film about dreaming in an age where you would've thought everything had been done concerning dreams in film and therefore should've been completely unoriginal, and instead he made it great - he's of a rare breed of writer/director that can do that, really!

- Melike

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Rises? When did The Dark Knight fall?

I don't like it.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lewton PI View Post
    ...Maybe in this film Batman is the villain by the end! Sounds ridiculous...
    No, not ridiculous, just pointless.

I know a lot of people feel like The Dark Knight showed an interpretation of Batman that's, like, also good, alongside the normal Batman-and-Robin hero that they've always known, but to me it was more like showing what the real point of the character has always been beneath that useless, melodramatic popular projection.
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    When did The Dark Knight fall?
    Exactly.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You guys are taking the title at face value. Perhaps the 'rise' part means that he's going to rise - symbolically- above and beyond what he originally had planned, harking back to the ending of The Dark Knight Returns.

My Mood
    Gay

That's going to be one hell of a subtitle, then!

The Dark Knight Rises : above and beyond what he originally had planned.

Just sassing you, Feev.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Haha ! You dork

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, last time, the whole movie built to a justification of the title, (and an excellent one, at that) so... maybe, we'll see.

I just like to gripe because I worry.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    Well, last time, the whole movie built to a justification of the title, (and an excellent one, at that) so... maybe, we'll see.

I just like to gripe because I worry.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Path - you shouldn't worry, after all ...

In Nolan We Trust.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Confession - I haven't seen Inception yet.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Maybe the title is indicative of things getting really bad in Gothan, with some real glimmers of hope at the end. I hope Catwoman isn't our female lead.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe the title simply refers to his reaction to meeting whoever she is.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Confession - I haven't seen Inception yet.
    BLASPHEMY !

Luckily, you'll soon be able to remedy this wrong doing. Inception is being released on blu-ray and DVD on December 7th IIRC, just in time for the holiday season !

Country
    Country Flag

Feev, speaking of the Inception DVD, have you heard any news about a US special edition? The only bits I'm able to find are that of the UK S.E.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, now that I like ...

The Dark Knight : Gotham Rises

Okay, that's the winner ... who's got Nolan's phone number?!??

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    Feev, speaking of the Inception DVD, have you heard any news about a US special edition? The only bits I'm able to find are that of the UK S.E.
    I haven't heard any news of a US special edition myself Jigsaw, but all I can say is...it's times like this that make me glad to be a Brit!

(Not that I'll be getting the special edition, most likely, but it's nice to have the option, at least! I'm more concerned with a special edition of a certain show that's released in just over a week...and is also exclusive to the UK. I know you and feev won't care, but I suspect Pond's going to be pissed!)

- Melike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast