Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Christopher Nolan

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Marion Cotillard as Catwoman?

Hmm.... What am I missing here. I just can't see her as being, I don't know how else to explain it, but I can't see her as being physical enough for the part. I mean, she's sexual and sensual and has a physical presence, but could she pull of the phsyicality that is going to be needed?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I remember reading that Nolan wouldn't want to use Penguin or Catwoman. In the case of the latter - it took almost an entire movie to show us why one man would resort to dressing up like a bat, imagine how much screen time it would take to give us an origin on Catwoman ?

My Mood
    Gay

Yeah, I'd be okay if they stayed away from Catwoman. I loved Michelle Pfeiffer's cheesey-sultry take on the part ( please don't mention that other movie, starring the Oscar winner, pretty please ). Penguin just wouldn't work. I suppose, technically, he could use any DC comic villian, yes?

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

He could, but I don't think he'd use a villain that isn't specifically a part of Batman's rogue gallery. I like the idea of The Riddler being the confrontational villain, and Talia being more of a pulling the strings behind the curtain type character.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you retiring The Dark Knight's thread?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I think it might end up getting merged on here ...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

New Mad Max Joins Batman 3
    Inception's Tom Hardly reportedly cast in top secret role.
    October 13, 2010

And Batman's next villain might be ... The Forger?

Deadline reports that English actor Tom Hardy, 33, has been cast in an unnamed "lead role" in Batman 3. Hardy previously worked with Bat-director Christopher Nolan in this summer's Inception.

"Insiders are keeping the role secret and won't even say if he's up for a villain role, but that seems a reasonable assumption," according to the site. Rumors swirled in August that Hardy was under consideration for the role of Riddler.

Hardy first came to audiences' notice as the villainous Praetor Shinzon in Star Trek: Nemesis before later gaining critical acclaim for his prison drama Bronson. He also starred opposite Daniel Craig in Layer Cake, and has appeared in RocknRolla, Black Hawk Down and Band of Brothers.

Hardy will also play the title role in Warner Bros.' now-delayed Mad Max 4: Fury Road after making Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and This Means War with Reese Witherspoon and Chris Pine. He'll next appear onscreen in Warrior.

My Mood
    Gay

The Forger?!?

I'm not a huge Batman fan ... but I've never heard of The Forger.

ETA: I couldn't find The Forger listed at the DC Comics site. Weird.

What am I missing?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Forger was his role in Inception.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    The Forger?!?

What am I missing?
    Turtle, The Forger is the nickname of the character Eames played by Tom Hardy in the movie Inception.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    The Forger was his role in Inception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    The Forger?!?

What am I missing?
    Turtle, The Forger is the nickname of the character Eames played by Tom Hardy in the movie Inception.
    Whew!!

My comic geekiness just took a huge hit !!

Thank you, folks!!!

By the way, I wish the rumours are true and he will play The Riddler.

Turtle:

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Tom Hardy would make an excellent Riddler. He's such a versatile actor, and couple that with Nolan's guidance, it could do for him what The Joker did for Ledger. (RIP)

My Mood
    Gay

Tom Hardy would make an excellent Riddler. He's such a versatile actor, and couple that with Nolan's guidance, it could do for him what The Joker did for Ledger. (RIP)
    I would love to see that!

( and there's no way he could be worse than Jim Carrey )

Well said.
    I would love to see that!

( and there's no way he could be worse than Jim Carrey )
    Oh, please don't say that. Just look at him, see how cool he was:
    Spoiler:

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhhh, The Prestige was amaaaaazing! I'd tried reading the book and couldn't get into it and then heard fans of the book slate the film, but I'm glad I didn't read the book now because the movie seemed perfect. I've not seen a better performance by Michael Caine and I'm currently running away from home to marry Christian Bale.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
    Ahhhh, The Prestige was amaaaaazing! I'd tried reading the book and couldn't get into it and then heard fans of the book slate the film, but I'm glad I didn't read the book now because the movie seemed perfect. I've not seen a better performance by Michael Caine and I'm currently running away from home to marry Christian Bale.

talking about Caine, though - have you seen Educating Rita and The Man Who Would Be King?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Lisa ! I didn't think it was possible to lurve you anymore !

I'm glad to see you enjoyed The Prestige, definitely one of the better films this decade. I loved that as both Angier and Borden's obsessions grew, so too did the deviousness of their methods in attempts to one-up each other. Such a great film.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Inception is now available for pre-order through amazon!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...eption&x=0&y=0

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenant View Post
    talking about Caine, though - have you seen Educating Rita and The Man Who Would Be King?
    Educating Rita, yes - I don't think you're allowed to be British and not have seen it The second film, no - I'm putting it on my list now

Lisa ! I didn't think it was possible to lurve you anymore !
    Well I'm not just gonna put it all out there on the first date, you'd never ring back!

I'm glad to see you enjoyed The Prestige, definitely one of the better films this decade. I loved that as both Angier and Borden's obsessions grew, so too did the deviousness of their methods in attempts to one-up each other. Such a great film.
    So well acted, I'm not normally a Jackman fan but he was perfect in his role...infact, they both played obsessives so well I started thinking that a roughed up Jackman would be a great Roland, as a slightly younger Bale would be awesome as Eddie.

But honestly though, I really haven't enjoyed a film this much in quite a while. It was right up my street

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, I really need to see The Prestige. This week, I swear it.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Memento

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did anyone else see the awesome opening/Inception tribute at the Scream awards last night? They had a GIANT spinning top. It was awesome. Nolan won an award for Inception, too.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Nolan Seeks Batman 3 Babe
    Director reportedly meeting with actresses for female lead.
    October 26, 2010

We recently learned that Inception's Tom Hardy had been cast in an unspecified role in Batman 3. Now comes word that Bat-director Christopher Nolan is narrowing down his search for the female lead in the highly anticipated sequel.

"Several young ('Late 20′s, early 30′s') ladies are meeting with the Caped Crusader's resuscitator this week to talk about the new film. Interestingly enough, quite a few of the ladies don't actually know what role they're being asked to read for/meet Nolan about," according to Moviehole.

The site claims to know who some of the actresses are, but declined to name them out of respect to their reps. "What I can say is that Nolan is open to casting a fresh face as the female lead; he's not necessarily bringing in the big guns," Moviehole reports.

So who is the female lead? The oft-rumored Catwoman? Maybe Talia Al Ghul, whose dad Ra's was the baddie in Batman Begins? Or maybe Harley Quinn? Barbara Gordon? Poison Ivy? Silver St. Cloud? Huntress? Leslie Thompkins??

The Catwoman rumor mill has suggested actresses ranging from Emily Blunt and Megan Fox to Oscar winners such as Angelina Jolie and Marion Cotillard (who worked with Nolan on Inception and reportedly turned down the Catwoman role recently).

Thanks to Batman-on-Film for the head's-up!

My Mood
    Gay

Oh come on!!! Cast this thing, would you please!!!

Um, if he goes with Megan Fox ... sorry, but I'll send a hit squad. Honestly, she can't act and I don't even find her attractive. I know, I know, lots of folks think she's hawt and sexy, but I just see a lot of sweat, very big man hands and often ... an Adam's Apple!

Harley Quinn would be awesome - an another great villain with face paint!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast