Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: Christopher Nolan

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I think you will see everything get delayed to 2021 in US.
    Yep. My assumption at this point is the blockbusters get delayed to 2021, and the art house / Oscar's type movies will go to streaming (since they're allowing that for the next Oscars).
    There won’t be any theatres to play if they wait till 2021 I fear
    It's possible. As it stands now though that's a possibility even if they do open, because the movie studios aren't even really making movies right now either. So there's going to be a big drought either way. Better to have the drought now and postpone new releases, then risk infecting your customer base just to have the drought a year from now when things are safer.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Tenet quietly sitting at 87% on RT after 30 reviews...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tenet

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Tenet quietly sitting at 87% on RT after 30 reviews...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tenet
    A very disappointing EW review.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just made my reservation for TENET - seeing it next week Monday!
    Yay me...

sk

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

VERY concerned with everything I am reading. Why make a movie that no one will understand??? I guess I will find out in a few days...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

There have been a few movies that I have had to watch more than one time to fully understand and I am OK with that. I am still interested in seeing this. Will I see it in the theater, probably not. I will wait until I can watch
    it on my home theater.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

VERY concerned with everything I am reading. Why make a movie that no one will understand??? I guess I will find out in a few days...
    It's the duty of art to ask questions, not to provide answers. And if you want a clearer answer, I'll have to pass.” -Michael Haneke

Art like Nolan's sometimes requires multiple viewings. You won't all the answers you're looking for in the first viewing. Where's the fun in that?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    It's the duty of art to ask questions, not to provide answers. And if you want a clearer answer, I'll have to pass.” -Michael Haneke

Art like Nolan's sometimes requires multiple viewings. You won't all the answers you're looking for in the first viewing. Where's the fun in that?
    While I like to have many viewings of well done films that I enjoy.... walking out with NO clue what the F is going on...IS NOT my idea of fun at the movies. I love all his films (just watched Insomnia last again actually) and have high hopes but for me the reviews ALL have the same issue and for me that issue will be bothersome.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you'll be fine. If anything it'll make for some interesting discussion on here... once the rest of us get to see it sometime in 2021

Country
    Country Flag

I love movies that break your brain!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

People said the same thing about Inception and Interstellar.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

People said the same thing about Inception and Interstellar.
    Loved them both. A lot. And I don’t remember them really saying that... but your probably right haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love mind-bending films but even I had trouble understanding some of Interstellar. I felt it was more complicated than it needed to be, like the Nolans were showing off about their astrophysics knowledge rather than being concerned with crafting a better story.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I love mind-bending films but even I had trouble understanding some of Interstellar. I felt it was more complicated than it needed to be, like the Nolans were showing off about their astrophysics knowledge rather than being concerned with crafting a better story.
    Inception definitely did a better job than Interstellar of making it easier for audiences to wrap their minds around things.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Inception definitely did a better job than Interstellar of making it easier for audiences to wrap their minds around things.
    Agreed. I watched it last night and had very little trouble following it.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I will probably always refer to Tenet as Inceptmento.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I followed Inception with no issue. All the levels did not confuse me. But I did pick up more detailed (fine minutia) kind of stuff on other viewings.

Country
    Country Flag

Two of my pals watched the movie last night... Said some cool Matrix like effects but this movie is HANDS DOWN his worst to date. They were very disappointed. I am up in about 8 hours for my viewing!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

TENET may very well (is to me for sure) be Nolan’s best film while the Joker is his best character. I loved it. In every way. Seeing again next week. Commands it.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I just cannot see why my pals hated it. I think they were not as “open” as me. There are so many “aha wow” moments in that film compared to any other. It’s the 2020 upper version Back to the Future. Just still smiling. Got tickets for next Tuesday again. IMAX this time. Did moving seats tonight.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

over 20000 user reviews and a very nice 8.2 on IMDB. I am not surprised... and all say see it again. I will be. I would say I will see this more in theatres than any other film.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Well, I don't know if I will see it in the theater, but I am very anxious to this movie. I loved Inception. I loved Interstellar, and I am sure I will love this. BTW. Does anyone else think a sequel to Interstellar would be cool, or
    is it enough on it's own. I personally think it stands well on it's own but I think a well written sequel could be nice as well.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know this doesn't need to be said, but let's take a moment to applaud filmmakers like Nolan. Like or hate Tenet and his other films, at least we are getting original mainstream films from him. That's like a unicorn nowadays. There's a small handful of directors providing us with that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast