Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Christopher Nolan

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought the ending of Split was mind blowing. No one seen that coming. No one. I
    Always thought how amazing it would be if they did that.... remember year of so before Venom when that movie came out about the black moving tar like substance and both were by Sony? I can’t remember the name of the movie now but always thought they missed an opportunity there by not putting a little something in the end to connect them.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I thought the ending of Split was mind blowing. No one seen that coming. No one. I
    Always thought how amazing it would be if they did that.... remember year of so before Venom when that movie came out about the black moving tar like substance and both were by Sony? I can’t remember the name of the movie now but always thought they missed an opportunity there by not putting a little something in the end to connect them.
    Are you referring to Life with Jake Gyllenhaal and Ryan Reynolds?

Also, what made the Split twist so much more awesome is pulling that off in the year 2017. With the internet, I didn't think it was possible to keep stuff like that a secret anymore.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Also, what made the Split twist so much more awesome is pulling that off in the year 2017. With the internet, I didn't think it was possible to keep stuff like that a secret anymore.
    Yes!! That’s it. Imagine if when he crashed... after the credits we seen the prison where Eddie Brook was and the symboite comes up the wall and into his sell... infecting him? Brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes!! That’s it. Imagine if when he crashed... after the credits we seen the prison where Eddie Brook was and the symboite comes up the wall and into his sell... infecting him? Brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would have been fantastic! I thought there were a lot of people speculating about Life and Venom when that was out.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://thefilmstage.com/christopher...e-u-s-release/
    As the coronavirus continues spreading throughout the world, the incompetence within much of the United States in controlling the situation has caused fatal consequences. While it seems trivial to await updates on the chicken and egg situation as it pertains to Christopher Nolan’s Tenet (and how theaters won’t open until there is a likely box-office earner like this one, and how Warner Bros. won’t open the film until they can safely guarantee the opportunity for a profit), a major update has indeed arrived.

Warner Bros. is now continuing with their unconventional rollout plans, opening in around 70 international territories beginning on August 26, including Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Russia, Spain, and the United Kingdom. The film will then open in select cities in the United States the following weekend beginning Thursday, September 3. As much of Latin America still fights the pandemic, those dates have yet to be decided, as does an opening in China.

We’ll have to wait and see which cities in the United States will be on WB’s list, but it presents a dangerous game if this opens up the desire for people in a hot zone to travel to a city where the film is playing. See an abridged list for the rollout below, also culled from Deadline, who note that Japan may not get the film until September 18, which conflicts with WB’s announcement. We’ll update this list when confirmed.

August 26
    Belgium
    Bulgaria
    Croatia
    Denmark
    Egypt
    Estonia
    Finland
    France
    Holland
    Hungary
    Iceland
    Indonesia
    Italy
    Korea
    Latvia
    Lithuania
    Portugal
    Russia
    Serbia
    Slovakia
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    Turkey
    Ukraine
    United Kingdom

August 27
    Australia
    Austria
    Bahrain
    Canada
    Czech Republic
    Germany
    Greece
    Hong Kong
    Israel
    Lebanon
    Malaysia
    Middle East
    New Zealand
    Poland
    Saudi Arabia
    Singapore
    Taiwan
    Thailand
    United Arab Emirates

August 28
    East Africa
    Ghana
    Nigeria
    Norway
    Romania
    Slovenia
    Spain
    Vietnam

September 3
    Kuwait
    Qatar
    United States (select cities)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I see another wave of the 'rona coming by September 3rd. We'll see if anywhere in the US gets Tenet...or re-opened theaters at all.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good for those countries.

When you're a kid, you have to finish your homework before you can go outside and play with your friends (yes, playing outside used to be a thing). US didn't finish our homework, these other countries have. We deserve to be stuck inside doing our homework while they have fun.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, that's a dope analogy actually lol

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I'll be interested to see how much this list changes by the end of August. Some of the countries on that list aren't doing so well with COVID either. I'm positive some of these countries will get it, just not all.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Damn, that's a dope analogy actually lol
    Thank you! There are some things that aren't debatable. I don't care if you agree with wearing a mask, or refuse to. I don't care if you think Trump is doing a great job, or if you think he sucks. The fact of the matter is the virus is global and other countries have handled it better. That's just a fact.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I think they have to stream it in the US around the time it's released in theaters in other countries. I realize that may not be ideal from a revenue standpoint, but they can't continue to hold back the release in the US if it's been showing in other countries for weeks. So much relies on opening weekend hype these days.

And I don't think there's much chance of having an expected theater opening date by September, much less the majority of theaters actually being open.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I think they have to stream it in the US around the time it's released in theaters in other countries. I realize that may not be ideal from a revenue standpoint, but they can't continue to hold back the release in the US if it's been showing in other countries for weeks. So much relies on opening weekend hype these days.

And I don't think there's much chance of having an expected theater opening date by September, much less the majority of theaters actually being open.

HBJ
    I truly hope they do that, but I'm doubtful that they will. Nolan hasn't said much himself but the big rumors are that he's been the one pushing for the theatrical release as a way to help keep theaters afloat.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post

HBJ
    I truly hope they do that, but I'm doubtful that they will. Nolan hasn't said much himself but the big rumors are that he's been the one pushing for the theatrical release as a way to help keep theaters afloat.
    I for one hole they DO NOT do that. Guys, I was at my theater last Friday Night.. at 7pm there was 12 people there. It was saddening... they need movies. They NEED THEM BAD. People don't care about the hits of the 80's and 90's when they can watch them on Netflix. They want new films. I am going again this Friday just to see something... they will NOT survive. I cannot imagine the US theaters now.. they have to be bleeding Breaks my heart
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

HBJ
    I for one hole they DO NOT do that. Guys, I was at my theater last Friday Night.. at 7pm there was 12 people there. It was saddening... they need movies. They NEED THEM BAD. People don't care about the hits of the 80's and 90's when they can watch them on Netflix. They want new films. I am going again this Friday just to see something... they will NOT survive. I cannot imagine the US theaters now.. they have to be bleeding Breaks my heart
    They're definitely bleeding. But the choice isn't between Tenant gets released or Tenant goes streaming here. It's really Tenant gets delayed again and again or Tenant goes streaming. I don't think there's any way Tenant get's released in the US in September. With the way things are going here, I'm doubtful theaters will even be open by the end of the year here.

Country
    Country Flag

HBJ
    They're definitely bleeding. But the choice isn't between Tenant gets released or Tenant goes streaming here. It's really Tenant gets delayed again and again or Tenant goes streaming. I don't think there's any way Tenant get's released in the US in September. With the way things are going here, I'm doubtful theaters will even be open by the end of the year here.
    We are pretty much wide open here. New movies are coming... Tomorrow is the sequel to Train to Busan.. which I will see.... loved the first one.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY CHRISTOPHER NOLAN!

HBJ
    We are pretty much wide open here. New movies are coming... Tomorrow is the sequel to Train to Busan.. which I will see.... loved the first one.
    Right. Hopefully you guys will get it in September, but realistically I don't think there's anyway it's opening in the US then.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nolan hasn't said much himself but the big rumors are that he's been the one pushing for the theatrical release as a way to help keep theaters afloat.
    Yeah, I've read/felt that, too.

Also, the movies still being closed is killing me. As an escape and stress reliever, nothing else compares.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think you will see everything get delayed to 2021 in US.

Country
    Country Flag

What I take from that is that it's time for us to get to work on our TDT.org production of The Dark Tower film adaptation. Who's directing?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Yep. My assumption at this point is the blockbusters get delayed to 2021, and the art house / Oscar's type movies will go to streaming (since they're allowing that for the next Oscars).

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    What I take from that is that it's time for us to get to work on our TDT.org production of The Dark Tower film adaptation. Who's directing?
    Nah, it has to be a TV series. I used to think otherwise, but now I'm convinced. It would be amazing.

Country
    Country Flag

You're right. What was I thinking?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

HBJ
    I don’t think there’s any way that theaters can open nationwide safely in the US in September. Not the way the current trends are going.

So Dan is right – it’s a choice between a streaming release - with perhaps a restricted theater release - or postponing the US release, potentially indefinitely. I have to think they will opt for the former.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Yep. My assumption at this point is the blockbusters get delayed to 2021, and the art house / Oscar's type movies will go to streaming (since they're allowing that for the next Oscars).
    There won’t be any theatres to play if they wait till 2021 I fear
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast