Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Christopher Nolan

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Chappie is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Die Antwoord. That is all.

(P.S. I liked Elysium and hated District 9)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Die Antwoord. That is all.

(P.S. I liked Elysium and hated District 9)
    Interesting. Most people seem to like District 9.

As for Garland, I love him as a writer and director, but I wouldn't say he's had the mainstream success that Nolan has with the two films he has directed.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know if I've gotten over my disappointment in The Dark Knight Rises yet. Maybe another 8 years and I'll be good.
    Echoing what Matt said a little, what TDKR lacks as a Batman movie it makes up for it in the exceptional character work of Bruce Wayne.

Let's be honest, it was always going to be difficult to follow the relentless pace of TDK and what is possibly the greatest villain of the 21st century.

Also, Hardy doesn't get the recognition he deserves as Bane. His physicality, and the raw energy he's able to convey with just his eyes alone is pretty amazing.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    People can say what they want about Nolan, but there's not another director working today that is pumping out high-concept Sci-fi for mainstream audiences. There just isn't.
    Edited to add ^3: Not Blomkamp?

HBJ
    Does anyone want to take this one, or should I? District 9 was amazing. Elysium was a movie that existed and Chappie was a complete and utter trainwreck.
    I'm just... amazed at how quick a nosedive Blomkamp's trajectory took after that stellar first film. That shit needs to be studied by aspiring directors as a cautionary tale.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

His Zygote short film was pretty alright.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    People can say what they want about Nolan, but there's not another director working today that is pumping out high-concept Sci-fi for mainstream audiences. There just isn't.
    Edited to add ^3: Not Blomkamp?

HBJ
    Does anyone want to take this one, or should I? District 9 was amazing. Elysium was a movie that existed and Chappie was a complete and utter trainwreck.
    Fair summary. Just asking.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I don't know if I've gotten over my disappointment in The Dark Knight Rises yet. Maybe another 8 years and I'll be good.
    Echoing what Matt said a little, what TDKR lacks as a Batman movie it makes up for it in the exceptional character work of Bruce Wayne.

Let's be honest, it was always going to be difficult to follow the relentless pace of TDK and what is possibly the greatest villain of the 21st century.

Also, Hardy doesn't get the recognition he deserves as Bane. His physicality, and the raw energy he's able to convey with just his eyes alone is pretty amazing.
    It's not that it's not Batmany enough, per se. I had a problem with the huge time jump between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, as well as the large amount of ground the film tried to cover.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I do agree on that, the time jump felt clunky as hell.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's get that hype train moving!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Let's get that hype train moving!
    The hype train better not leave the station just yet. The film has been pushed to the end of July. I'm a little concerned it will get pushed beyond that as well as we see numbers continue to climb in COVID cases.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm dying to go to the movies.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

me to... I miss it so much!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd be careful with that choice of wording... COVID is still very much a thing

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    not here anymore... all but over. no cases for weeks
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

COVID cases are still climbing here in SoCal...

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    not here anymore... all but over. no cases for weeks
    Canada as a whole is only getting about 300 new cases a day, pretty much only in Toronto and Montreal now. We're at the lowest numbers in Ontario in nearly 3 months

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

When theaters open back up and they release Tenet, I'm going to see if I can find a smaller theater. They will obviously be putting in some kind of measure where they can only sell half the seats, or maybe even less. At that point, I may go on a $5 Tuesday and buy up all the seats and have the entire theater to myself.

I'm not even kidding.

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When theaters open back up and they release Tenet, I'm going to see if I can find a smaller theater. They will obviously be putting in some kind of measure where they can only sell half the seats, or maybe even less. At that point, I may go on a $5 Tuesday and buy up all the seats and have the entire theater to myself.

I'm not even kidding.
    Coolest idea ever. Huge film fan and I rarely go to the theater anymore. In the age of self absorption and self-centeredness it only takes one jackass to ruin the whole thing. Last few trips to the theater: Force Awakens, IT, IT: Part Two.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not even kidding.
    This is genius.

MIKE 2020
    MAKE THEATERS GREAT AGAIN
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kingfan2323 View Post

I'm not even kidding.
    Coolest idea ever. Huge film fan and I rarely go to the theater anymore. In the age of self absorption and self-centeredness it only takes one jackass to ruin the whole thing. Last few trips to the theater: Force Awakens, IT, IT: Part Two.

seeking: anything DT related #246
    I pick and choose. I would never go on a Friday or Saturday night unless I'm with friends. The first showings on a Saturday are usually really light. After work on a weekday is usually pretty quiet. It's been a long time since someone ruined a movie for me.

@Ricky

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I think we're going to see release dates get pushed again. There's no sign of theater's being allowed to be open in the majority of the US yet and we're awfully close the the release date at this point.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I think we're going to see release dates get pushed again. There's no sign of theater's being allowed to be open in the majority of the US yet and we're awfully close the the release date at this point.
    Yeah I cannot imagine this happening.. ours are wide open here in Canada but we have flattened it big time... They are playing OLD favs here now for $5 a show or like $3.5US. Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Jaws, Ghostbusters to name a few. I just want some new movies to see and this was a BIG one on my list.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So I guess Tenet will be a July 2021 release then?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast