Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Who will advance to the next round ?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christopher Nolan

16 50.00%
  • Steven Spielberg

16 50.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: TDGT - Round 3 - Christopher Nolan vs Steven Spielberg

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    ... and then suddenly you won't like it, and all my other recommendations will go down the drain...............
    Nah, I really enjoyed it, Jean. Far from being one of my favourite films ever, but a really good film, nonetheless. Also rated and reviewed it too.

Oh, and anyone who enjoyed Quadrophenia and This Is England as much as you did always deserves listening to!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Is it that nobody wants sexual favors, or nobody wants sexual favors from me?
    yes
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Shoot me now.

I was joking around with my girlfriend last night, and mentioned that maybe all the Nolan fans will be disappointed when he becomes the next M.Night Shyamalan. Remember how the whole planet was tripping all over itself calling him the best thing since sliced bread when Sixth Sense came out? Just sayin.

I sincerely can't believe he beat Spielberg.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's a dark day indeed...

My Mood
    Gay

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OTsLn7VugQ"]YouTube - Bitter - Teddy Geiger (The Rocker Soundtrack)[/ame]

I'm not bitter. Just very very sad.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've got the perfect song for you, pam:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2yH4Z9FZ88"]YouTube - Scott Pilgrim vs The World Soundtrack 06- I'm So Sad, So Very, Very Sad[/ame]

And for a bonus, you can dedicate the song afterwards to all us Nolan lovers!

- Melike

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    ...maybe all the Nolan fans will be disappointed when he becomes the next M.Night Shyamalan...
    Worse yet, what if he becomes the next Steven Spielberg?!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Achin' to be Seymour_Glass is on a distinguished road Seymour_Glass's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

t maybe all the Nolan fans will be disappointed when he becomes the next M.Night Shyamalan.
    If he ever does turn to crap like Shamalamadingdong at least he has more than two good films behind him.
    Big town's got its losers, small town's got its vices...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    t maybe all the Nolan fans will be disappointed when he becomes the next M.Night Shyamalan.
    If he ever does turn to crap like Shamalamadingdong at least he has more than two good films behind him.
    Pack your bags, I'm adopting you, even though I'm only a few years older than you

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I am honored.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    ...maybe all the Nolan fans will be disappointed when he becomes the next M.Night Shyamalan...

My Mood
    Gay

I can only hope, and do look forward to that progression.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Have fun with the rest of the tournament.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Lates.

Gunslinger Apprentice SynysterSaint is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Finished The Dark Tower at 6:03AM on December 21, 2009.

The man in black fled across the desert,
    and the gunslinger followed.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour_Glass View Post
    Yeah! That's right on, Seymour, but "Shamalamadingdong"? I'll gladly rip on the crap films I've endured from him, but it still seems a bit petty to make fun of the guy's name.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah, I mean if you were to take the piss out of his name Seymour, at least make it fit, like shortening his name to "M. Night Sham", for example. Matches nearly all his work, then!

- Melike

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The reality of the situation is that I just couldn't spell it.

But really, I don't mean to offend anybody, but I think that Christopher Nolan is a far better director than Spielberg, in terms of artistry and the emotional and intellectual responses he's provoked in me, personally.
    Last edited by Seymour_Glass; 09-24-2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Left out an s.

Country
    Country Flag

hear, hear

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7