Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3764

Thread: The Walking Dead *TV Spoilers!*

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I would have to agree. As premiere's go it was a little disappointing. The whole "Rick & the Woman" thing was just weird and to my mind did not add much to the overall story.

It reminded me of yet another "Ghost Lori" cameo.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Didn't feel like a premiere, felt more like a filler episode from season 3.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Yes. Spot on. Things sure did change over the lay off. Not that it was a bad thing, but unexpected(?) I have to go back and watch the season finale again.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

R.I.P. Voice actor from Phineas and Ferb. Sucks that he died in the episode. Will be cool to see what caused him to die.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone else think that "Harry Potter meets the Walking Dead"??? LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Yup. Feev hit it on the head. I said the same thing after the episode ended. The whole Rick and the woman thing felt like pure filler. Something we'd see in episode 5. It added nothing to the story except showing us where Rick's head is at.

I've been saying it for a while and I will continue to say it. I'm worried about this show. I know I probably sound like a Debbie downer, but there are things that have been lining up for a while that worry me.

I hate the fact that they are on their 3rd showrunner. It also worries me that the guy is mainly known for an animated show. I also start to worry when a show gets too big and that is what is happening with The Walking Dead right now. Did you see the ratings from last night? That's crazy.

Getting back to last night's episode. In the first 15 minutes we had 4 different couples flirting and or making out. Two of those scenes had characters that we had never met. I knew immediately that one or both of them would bite the dust before the end of the episode.

I've only read the first volume of the graphic novel, so I have no idea where this is going, but I'm worried about the virus story line. If it just turns out to be a common strain they have to try and avert, that's boring to me. If it's some kind of new twist to whatever turned people into zombies, then it better be handled carefully or it might not be pulled off in a realistic manner.

Don't even get me started on the store scene. The only good thing about that scene is they made the walkers scary and threatening again. They have literally become part of the background and are used more as props than anything else sometimes. As soon as the characters become zombie killing pros and they cease to become a consistent danger, the show is done for me.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

The water in the barrel is highly suspect.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    The water in the barrel is highly suspect.
    Totally. As soon as I saw Rick splash the water on his face I was like, "hmm, that seemed a little odd."

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I liked the premier episode alright. Sure, not a lot happened, but it was just a set-up to let the audience know what kind of situation the prison is in, what it's been like since the gap in time. I wasn't really expecting an explosive episode for the premier.
    Those episodes come later.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Add me to the disappointed list. I couldn't really get into it. It almost seemed like a completely different show. There's all these new people there, we don't know any of them, the prison is in a different state. I don't know, just seems like a lot of change over a break.

Can someone give me a really quick recap of how last season ended. I can't remember what happened with the Governor, and why all these people are there.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"I've only read the first volume of the graphic novel, so I have no idea where this is going, but I'm worried about the virus story line."

The comic series and the television show are now two completely different entities. The show started off KIND OF following the plotline of the comic, and then it just went its own way. There are still shadows of the original plotlines and character developments in the television series, but that's about it.

Now, not to say that is a bad thing (differing fro the source material) because everything that was new and unique in the comic series can now be made new and unique in the television series by not following the already laid out plan.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Add me to the disappointed list. I couldn't really get into it. It almost seemed like a completely different show. There's all these new people there, we don't know any of them, the prison is in a different state. I don't know, just seems like a lot of change over a break.

Can someone give me a really quick recap of how last season ended. I can't remember what happened with the Governor, and why all these people are there.
    You can't really say you are "disappointed" if you can't remember how the last season ended.... you basically would be disappointed in any shows sequel season if you didn't know how the previous one ended.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    "I've only read the first volume of the graphic novel, so I have no idea where this is going, but I'm worried about the virus story line."

The comic series and the television show are now two completely different entities. The show started off KIND OF following the plotline of the comic, and then it just went its own way. There are still shadows of the original plotlines and character developments in the television series, but that's about it.

Now, not to say that is a bad thing (differing fro the source material) because everything that was new and unique in the comic series can now be made new and unique in the television series by not following the already laid out plan.
    You are very right. The "GN" takes a complete different direction than the TV show. I hope they keep the "GN" as a lynch-pin", but I am intrigued to see where they go. Without spoiling anything, I hope they keep the "military" aspect alive.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

You can't really say you are "disappointed" if you can't remember how the last season ended.... you basically would be disappointed in any shows sequel season if you didn't know how the previous one ended.
    Well I can be disappointed because I didn't care for the episode. I thought it was boring and it doesn't make me excited for next week. And that's not a good way to start a season in my opinion. I'll go back and watch the last few minutes of the final episode. I remember everything but the end for some reason. Maybe I'll like it more after I do, but I highly doubt it. I guess not remembering also shows how much I enjoyed last season.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

Well I can be disappointed because I didn't care for the episode. I thought it was boring and it doesn't make me excited for next week. And that's not a good way to start a season in my opinion. I'll go back and watch the last few minutes of the final episode. I remember everything but the end for some reason. Maybe I'll like it more after I do, but I highly doubt it. I guess not remembering also shows how much I enjoyed last season.

Easy, my fair lady, I don't think he intended what you thought. The last season ended with the defense of the prison vs. The Governor. They won, but the "Gov" was not killed. They did cram a lot of "In between" stuff into the premiere and it was kinda cool and yet not, in varying opinions. The "Gov" is still at large and off we go... it would seem. We shall, hopefully, see where it goes. Now, have I helped, Mi' Lady????

Your wish is my command. J/K of course.

Edit: I "aims to please"!!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, you have. Thank you

Sorry I didn't mean to sound harsh.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's understandable that you don't remember how last season ended because it was pretty unremarkable.

As you may remember, they built up a big showdown between Rick and his prison people vs. Gov and his townspeople. What we got was a few townspeople entering the prison and being scared off by some flash bangs. They escaped and there was some very sloppy shooting by the prison people. Meanwhile, the Gov was far away watching the whole thing through his scope.

He then fled, got mad and killed some of his people. Keep in mind we never saw most of our "heroes" during this whole "raid". This includes Rick who was absent for no important reason. At least none that I can remember.

Then the remaining townspeople inexplicably left the town to live in the prison because the show needs more people to kill. I would have just rebuilt the town.

Country
    Country Flag

As for what Shannon said about the virus. I doubt they reveal what the cause of the zombie outbreak is on the show before they reveal it in the comic. Once they finally reveal it in the comic it's gonna be a very long time before it's revealed on the show.

Thanks Mike!

Personally I hope they never reveal the source for the outbreak. Some things are better left unsaid.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Kirkman also said recently that he knows how the comics will end ultimately, but he isn't telling anyone involved with the TV series because he doesn't want that idea to ever be used on the show.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's one of my worries. If whatever is going on in their camp doesn't have to do with the zombie outbreak, I'm not sure it's that interesting. If it's just some kind of flu outbreak or something along those lines, then I'm going to be disappointed. It needs to have something to do with the outbreak.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Meanwhile, the Gov was far away watching the whole thing through his scope.

He then fled, got mad and killed some of his people. Keep in mind we never saw most of our "heroes" during this whole "raid".

This includes Rick who was absent for no important reason. At least none that I can remember.
    A few corrections.

The Gov was there in the prison leading the assault....not watching from a distance.

The Gov killed most of his people except for three (Martinez, the big African guy, and Karen who played possum).

Rick was missing...but I assumed he and Daryl threw the flash bangs since Glen and Maggie were doing the shooting.

Not sure where Carol was.........
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Meanwhile, the Gov was far away watching the whole thing through his scope.

He then fled, got mad and killed some of his people. Keep in mind we never saw most of our "heroes" during this whole "raid".

This includes Rick who was absent for no important reason. At least none that I can remember.
    A few corrections.

The Gov was there in the prison leading the assault....not watching from a distance.

The Gov killed most of his people except for three (Martinez, the big African guy, and Karen who played possum).

Rick was missing...but I assumed he and Daryl threw the flash bangs since Glen and Maggie were doing the shooting.

Not sure where Carol was.........
    My mistake. I feared my memory had probably grown foggy. I had forgotten the Gov. was in the prison. The whole scene was so short I didn't remember him. I still think it's odd to not have the 3 main badass characters (Rick, Daryl, and Michonne) present for the raid.

Also, Heather, I forgot to mention the other part of the finale dealt with the death of
    Spoiler:
    Andrea
    in a completely stupid and annoying way. As you can tell, the finale left a bad taste in my mouth.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Kirkman also said recently that he knows how the comics will end ultimately, but he isn't telling anyone involved with the TV series because he doesn't want that idea to ever be used on the show.
    I wonder how long he plans to have the comic go for?

One thing that pisses me off about Robert Kirkman is something he said in an interview. It's not an exact quote but what he pretty much said is," with walking dead if I'm on issue 98 and don't feel like doing it any more I have no problem just stopping. But with invincible that is my baby and that comic will be going until I'm dead." Why that pisses me off is because he has said over and over that he hates how zombie movies have an ending and the good guy almost always wins. He created walking dead with the premis that no one is safe. If the main character dies the story will just continue with the other people in the group and a new main character will make themselves known. So far Rick is pretty much the main character of the comic and show and they show no signs of having him killed off.

Also Kirkman sucks when it comes to building up a story line. OMG THIS IS GONNA BE A HUGE STORY LINE LEADING UP TO THE GEOUPS BIGGEST SHOW DONE. Then you get to the end of the storyline and nothing earth shattering happened at all during the story arc.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm enjoying Brian Keene's tweets about TWD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 151 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast